Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard that there are some Azeri players in Iran league, however, I can't find Azeri players in clubs (click clubs names in article)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran's_Premier_Football_League
they left them already?

population of Azeris in Iran are more than the whole population in Azerbaijan, will Azerbaijan national team recruit Azeri players in Iran?

In fact, clubs in Iran and Azerbaijan, which one is better?

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
azeri players in Iran they all citezens of Iran they cant play for Azerbaijan, When we had no league a lot of players from Az played in Iran but i dont now they play there

·
Registered
7,136 Posts
Speaking of the Iranian Azerbaijanis, two of the most famous Iranian football players of all time Ali Daei and Karim Bagheri are ethnic Azerbaijanis. And it is true that some time ago some Azeri players moved to Iran and played there while our league was suspended, but as soon as thing got back to normal many of them returned home.
And about your idea about Azerbaijan national team recruiting Azeri players in Iran, I think this is a great idea, but I doubt it will be feasible any time soon. I don’t think Iran Football Federation will allow our scouts to do much about it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
And I don't think you will find many Azeris in Iran who would rather play for Azerbaijan than Iran because we see ourselvs as Iranian first.

·
Registered
7,136 Posts
good for you...

..are you an azeri?

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Ali Daei said:
And I don't think you will find many Azeris in Iran who would rather play for Azerbaijan than Iran because we see ourselvs as Iranian first.
I think its stupid that u think that way if u azeri u should be playing fo Az u gotta see urselv as one of our family member and son of Azerbaijan and not Iran . its same as Azeri Americans see their selves as americans more then Azeris or somewhere else We all Azeri , And our land is AZERBAIJAN till we die !!!! and it doesnt matter where u live Iran ,US or on the moon u still AZERI!!!

Represent AZERBAIJAN till i die :thumbsup:

·
Registered
73 Posts
my brother,yes i am azeri but iran is my country,and i also see iran as your country.do you know north azerbaijan was with us ?russians took you away from iran otherwise rep azerbaijan would today still be iran

i see you as my brother no matter what happens but i am iranian first and iran is my home, ...........i always meet azeris from azerbaijan again and again who tell me you must say you are azerbaijani and not iranian and iran stole tabriz,ardebil etc from us and i am always like who the hell tells you such things ?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ali Daei said:
my brother,yes i am azeri but iran is my country,and i also see iran as your country.do you know north azerbaijan was with us ?russians took you away from iran otherwise rep azerbaijan would today still be iran
r u out of your mind? :dazed: who tought you history? math teacher? :frustrat:
dude, u r NOT Azerbaijani, u just an Iranian who try to piss everybody off. i bet u don't even know one word in azeri. do you have any idea how Azerbaijani people struggle there in iran?

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Ali Daei said:

i see you as my brother no matter what happens but i am iranian first and iran is my home, ...........i always meet azeris from azerbaijan again and again who tell me you must say you are azerbaijani and not iranian and iran stole tabriz,ardebil etc from us and i am always like who the hell tells you such things ?

www.gunaz.tv u can watch it live its Azeris in Iran talking about how they live there..

Free Azeris in IRAN!!!!!!

·
Azerbaijani Eagle
10,025 Posts
Ali Karimi also is Azeri.....Also this players are Azeri:Rasoul Khatibi, Javad Kazemian ,Mohammad Nosrati and Abbas Aghaee

·
Registered
7,136 Posts
Where did you get this info and where do they play?

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
check this out guys

religious composition of Irans team

Goalkeepers:

Ebrahim Mirzapour (Lor)
Hassan Roudbarian (Persian)
Mehdi Rahmati (Persian)

Defenders:

Yahya Golmohammadi (Persian)
Mohammad Nosrati (Azeri)
Sattar Zare (Persian)
Jalal Kameli Mofrad (Persian)
Ebrahim Taghipour (Gilaki)
Rahman Rezaei (Persian)
Morteza Kashi (Persian)

Midfielders:

Iman Mobali (Persian)
Mohammad Alavi (Arab)
Ali Badavi (Arab)
Moharam Navidikia (Persian)
Hamed Kavianpour (Persian)
Mehdi Mahdavikia (Persian)
Freydoon Zandi (Persian/German)
Mehdi Amir-Abadi (Kurd)
Hossein Kaabi (Arab)
Farzad Majidi (Persian)
Javad Nekounam (Persian)
Mehrzad Madanchi (Persian)
Bijan Koshaki (Turkman)
Abbas Aghaee (Azeri)
Khodadad Azizi (Turkman)
Amir-Hossein Yousefi (Kurd)
Masoud Shojaee (Persian)
Javad Kazemian (Azeri)

Strikers:

Ali Daei (Azeri)
Ali Karimi (Persian)
Rasoul Khatibi (Azeri)
Ali-Reza Nikbakht-Vahedi (Persian)
Arash Borhani (Persian)
Vahid Hashemian (Persian)
Edmound Bezik (Armenian)

·
Registered
7,136 Posts
thanks for the info, 3Stan! Very interesting

I also heard Ali Daei speaking and I was very pleasantly surprised to see how intelligent and articulate he was. Usually pro-athletes aren't the best communicators, but he was true class :thumbsup:

and since we are going to have 5 azeri players represented at the World Cup then I shall cheer for Iran :hopefull:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts