Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Zira wins on their Euro debut - 2-0 vs Luxembourg's Differdanj - this should be enough to get thru to the next round.

2nd goal was pretty sick.

GM9cjRPjoVQ

Inter Baku is currently leading 2-0 away in Mladost (Serbia) - 2 beautiful free kicks by Scarlatache.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
3-0 Inter - Rauf Aliyev curled a beautiful outside the box upper 90 golazo.

safe to say they're thru to the next round.

·
Registered
7,136 Posts
Nice goal indeed :)

P.S. I hate when we play against Balkan teams. These guys pull every dirty trick

Reactions: Azerkid

·
Azerbaijani Eagle
10,025 Posts
Well done to both Zira and Inter. Great stuff

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Scarlatache still plays football? lol

What can you tell us about Zira? They will face Astra Giurgiu in next round.
its their Euro debut and they have an inexperienced coach - but they are pretty well organized and very athletic - i dont know much about Astra so i really can't tell how they will match up, but I assume Astra will be the favorite.

·
Registered
69,878 Posts
Astra lost like 12-14 players this summer (most of them very important), and their coach (who went to Turkey). So I'm not sure what kind of team they are right now. They signed Anthony Le Tallec recently.

In the past years they were quite succesful in Europe knocking out West Ham twice and Lyon.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thats good to hear that Astras squad has changed so much, hopefully they will still be rusty when they face Zira.

·
Registered
7,136 Posts
Garabagh steamrolled Georgian champions Samtredia 5:0 in the first leg of the Champions League 2nd qualification round. Moreover, Garabagh didn't play that well, but still was too much to handle for hapless Georgians.

I kinda feel bad for the Georgians. So far Georgian clubs conceded 20 (!!!) goals and scored only 2, and odds are that next Tuesday the last Georgian team will be eliminated. I don't know what's going on there, but it's not pretty.

iWOv_SAEUBs

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah, this wasnt Qarabags best gameb But they were efficient enough in scoring 5 goals in 9 attempts, it'll be easier for them in the 2nd leg with no added pressure and an opportunity to let new transfers (who played great today)get a start.. Good start for all of our clubs, we're undefeated so far and Inter Baku will be playing tommorow as the only EL match. Georgian clubs in recent years have been really struggling against us- Samtredia lost 5-1 to Gabala last year.

·
Azerbaijani Eagle
10,025 Posts
Qarabag needs to solve their striker crisis.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fola was a tough to break down, Inter is not the team to dominate possession and slowly build up play like Qarabag. I think we'll see a much better away performance with Fola now needing to go forward in search of a goal, thus allowing Inter more space and counter play. Two more tommorow, Zira will play tommorow against Romanias Astra and Gabala vs. Polands Jagiellonia - tough games but I'm hoping both teams can get at least a draw.

O9xtLIsl-PY

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Gabala - Jagiellonia was actually a very entertaining game, it was a real shootout with fast attacks, no slow possession play- all wing play and open space for both teams. The Poles got an away goal, but luckily Gabala plays its best games away from home so they're still very much in this tie.

UMeIt8R9QXQ

Zira's loss broke our Euro winning streak - I thought they play well enough to come out with a draw or at least a 2-1, but Astra was the better team and sharper in their attacks. I still think Nazirov is at fault for the 1st and 3rd goal - he's got terrible reflexes and even worse positioning, he's a low level AzPL keeper at best. Fortunately, they scored an away goal, so there's still a chance to change the momentum if they score a early in Baku.

4mNGaRgbF8g

·
Registered
7,136 Posts
lol, I actually thought Nazirov wasn't too bad. He has tremendous reaction on the goal line, but whiffed few times on crosses. Gabala was a bit disjointed, which is not surprising given that this was their first official game of the season, but I'm a bit concerned about the return leg.

Having said that, Garabagh will face the winner of the Sheriff - Kukesi pair in the 3rd round of the CL.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lol, I actually thought Nazirov wasn't too bad. He has tremendous reaction on the goal line, but whiffed few times on crosses. Gabala was a bit disjointed, which is not surprising given that this was their first official game of the season, but I'm a bit concerned about the return leg.

Having said that, Garabagh will face the winner of the Sheriff - Kukesi pair in the 3rd round of the CL.
He's not Agil Mammedov bad, but still not even close to NT/Euro material - for a "small" (182cm) GK, he doesn't have the reflexes and cat like agility that's required to compensate for his size. On top of this, he's a poor box commander, as a keeper one needs to be the eyes on the field and should direct/communicate with his back line

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Inter got fooked - 4-1 :howler: - what a jinx! after going 3 games with 0 goals allowed they suffer at the hands of GK Salahats Agaevs 2 major blunders, what a fookin bum. At 3-1, they went chasing for the second goal and got burned with the 4th......Sad.

YQWhjPYp1u8

Zira is out - 0-0 vs. Astra (1-3 agg)

Gabala is playing very nice footy so far, up 1-0 away in Poland.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Gabala doing what they do best - going on the road and winning the tie.

zfLFDKM9Mfs

1 - 20 of 58 Posts