Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 835 Posts

·
Registered
7,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new Eurocup season is upon us. Coming from a very good last season when Neftchi advanced to the group stage of the Europa League the expectations are high for all our clubs.

Champions League

Neftchi Baku

Europa League

Garabagh Agdam
Inter Baku
Khazar Lankaran

all our teams are seeded in the first round of competitions

·
Registered
7,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Neftchi will play against Albanian Skënderbeu. I don't think we ever played against an Albanian club.

In Europa League first round we got:

Garabagh vs. Metalurg (Macedonia)
Garabagh already played against them couple of years ago and won convincingly in Baku 4:1 and then tied 1:1 away.

Khazar vs. Sliema Wanderers (Malta)
Don't know much about Maltese club, but I do know that Palmali's global headquarters is located in... Malta :howler:

Inter vs. Mariehamn (Finland)
Finnish club never played in Eurocups before, so very hard to say anything conclusive about them.

·
Registered
7,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If our clubs advance to the 2nd round of the Europa League they will meet:

Inter vs. winner of Celje (Slovenia) v Tromsø (Norway)
Khazar vs. Maccabi Haifa (Israel)
Garabagh vs. Piast Gliwice (Poland)

·
Azerbaijani Eagle
10,025 Posts
I'm sure Neftchi will pass, as long our players doesn't relax too much.

As for Karabakh, Metallurg isn't changed a lot. We will pass them with ease. 2nd opponent, looks interesting, never head about this club, wanna see Gurban's man in action.

Khazar must pass Maltese club. Both clubs from what I know got awful european record, no excuses from "pumpkins" if they fail to beat this weak opponent. Even though, there is no chance XL will pass Maccabi Haifa in 2nd round. Just no way.

Inter as usual very shaky before eurocups. I really doubt their power. Club made some weak signings like Javadov, Iashvili. Can't see them passing first round.

·
Registered
7,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AzeriWolf

Despite not making big transfers Inter is a very stable team. They had the same coach for 4 years now, decent squad and they were very unlucky in Eurocups getting eliminated in penalties two years in a row.

Khazar, I think, they have a better side than last year and they have a fighting chance against Israelis.

Garabagh, I think, should have very little problem against Metalurg, but Poles can be tricky. I'd say Garabagh may have a slight edge due to experience.

·
Registered
42,711 Posts
Inter vs. Mariehamn (Finland)
Finnish club never played in Eurocups before, so very hard to say anything conclusive about them.
Looking at the Finnish league standings, they are having a decent season and possess one of the most potent attacks in the league, but their defense is one of the leakiest.

·
Azerbaijani Eagle
10,025 Posts
Quid, I've seen Inter's last games in Eurocups looked bleak shadow of themselves in league. Yes, they are stable but this season, didn't noticed any creativity in them. They will face epic failure this season. Mark my words

·
Registered
241 Posts
Inter Baku will choke as usual and won't progress more than 1 round

Same with Xazar, wouldn't be surprised if they lost against that Maltese team

Qarabag will make it to the group stages this year imo

·
Azerbaijani Eagle
10,025 Posts
Neftchi signed Latvian NT keeper Pavel Doroshevs. Pretty solid keeper, always liked him, don't know why Gabala released him

·
Azerbaijani Eagle
10,025 Posts
Khazar players are just walking on field. Awful motivation.

Meanwhile, Karabakh is holding on to score as 0-0.

·
Azerbaijani Eagle
10,025 Posts
Khazar instead of playing, it's like training. I am sure they will be hammered badly by Haifa. This is just awful. I know weather is hot but players look tired and very heavy with a lot of mistakes.

1 - 20 of 835 Posts