Olimpik will represent Azerbaijan in CL

other 2 teams in UEFA cup are

Neftchi Baku and Khazar L/Inter Baku

what you guys think who will do best in Europe

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In Intertoto Cup Our team will play with Slovakian team in 1st round in 2nd its going to be team from Belgium ...Most likely Khazar Lenkoran or Inter Baku will be in Intertoto Cup

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Olimpik makes me nervous, they shouldn't embarrass us however they are not going anywhere, lets be honest they have to do better 1 goal a game in our Premier League. Neftchi and Khazar both have proven record and after relatively disappointing season should be ready to go. Badimjanenko needs something to show with all hype around him and bad memory in Europe with Dinamo. If Agasalim will be able to put his team back together and ready to go, they have legit couple rounds in them with better luck in picking opponents than last year. all that said, it's still too early even talk about that, we have 3 more months to go and a lot of sh** can happen in our football.

·
Registered
7,136 Posts
Well, Asker Abdullayev announced that they are going to strengthen their squad with high quality foreigners and several local prospects. And in case if Olimpik indeed wins the League and CL spot I think they'll be able to put a decent performance, and of course good draw won't hurt their prospects either ;)

I also wanted to see Inter in European Cups, but I think they are a long shot in this situation.

·
Azerbaijani Eagle
10,025 Posts
I hope Olimpik will not be a dissapointment...I am not sure about XL, Neftchi or Inter's chances..but I think we have good record against Slovakian clubs

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Asker can say whatever he wants, by the way I always liked him as player and a coach, but as an organization they've never spend money and even if they will I'm not sure how much impact somebody can make without playing a game with new team? Without solid foreign representation in roster none of our clubs did well in Europe. You can be relatively successful on the local level but when you're playing with big boys it's not gonna fly!

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
guys 2 brazilians from Olimpik Junivan and Ramim will get Azeri passport soon ,cause Vogts wants to see em in our NT, that means they wont count like foregners in our league now they look for another 2 quality players from abroad...

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ramin Musaev said that if we wont get to cl or Uefa cup ..Neftchi will play in Intertoto

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Neftchi sucks last 4-5 games and now we are gonna have Olimpik, Inter and god knows who in Eurocups! I'm not very happy about that, looks like the last year when all our clubs were done after QR1.

·
Registered
7,136 Posts
if things end the way it is the third team is going to be Khazar regardless of the outcome of the Cup final game.

and to be honest, I wouldn't mind seeing Inter in Eurocups. They are long due for their euro debut. Khazar did put a really nice performance last year so one can only hope for an improvement this time. Olimpik is a bit of a dark horse and a lot will depend on good they perform in mid season with selection and new transfers.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Neftchi chances now after losing to xl are bad, now we only can hope for Inter to win xl in da final so we can get to uefa cup from 3rd place, if not then Intertoto

·
Azerbaijani Eagle
10,025 Posts
Neftchi with this games are will be useless against other sides.

·
Azerbaijani Eagle
10,025 Posts
So I Guess it will be like this

Olimpik - CL Qualifiers
Inter Baku/XL - UEFA cup
Neftchi - Intertoto cup

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Neftchi will play in intertoto cup its 100% and now we have more then evere chance to be 1st team to qualify to uefa from intertoto

we were first to win cis cup and will be first to win intertoto

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
21/22 of June first leg matches in Intertoto ,we will play with slovakian team i am not sure which one

·
Registered
7,136 Posts
I thinks it is a bad idea. That means that the team will have a barely one month only to rest between seasons. There will be literally no time to recover and to try out new players and systems. Instead maybe Neftchi should send youngsters from Neftchi-2 to participate

·
Azerbaijani Eagle
10,025 Posts
Well Quidam, with youngsters I don't think we can earn any trophies.

·
Azerbaijani Eagle
10,025 Posts
Olimpik today caused shock by losing to Karabakh. Inter got real chance to become champions!

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I better set my expectation as low as possible!
a) "Neftchi" is basically out, even if they will play in Intertoto chances they will advance are very slim!
b) "Inter" has no experience whatsoever plus they have an impotent coach at the helm.
c) Same goes for "Olimpik" from experience point, in addition this team was unable to score even in Azerbaijan!?
d) "Khazar" probably has a best chance but team looks very inconsistent after CIS Cup. I still have felling something isn't right with them.

1 - 20 of 790 Posts