Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 645 Posts

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Azeri team Karvan will play in 1st round of Intertoto Cup against Polish team Lech Poznan. Lech is currently on 8 place in the league, but Polish FA (PZPN) choosed them to Intertoto. Czesław Michniewicz (Lech's coach) said, that he will play with resevre squad, so maybe it's chance for Karvan ...
Karvan - Lech
Lech - Karvan

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Yes, we will play vs. Karvan, if
(1) Lech avoid relegation,
(2) Lech are granted a first division licence for the next season.

Any information given related to Karvan (history, fans, players) will be greatly appreciated.

Kamal Guliyev, Mahir Shukurov, Zaur Ramazanov - this Karvan trio was included in the Azerbaijan squad for Poland. I dare ask for short characteristics of each of them :)

Feel free to visit XT Lech Poznan thread.

·
Registered
194 Posts
www.karvan.az karvans web site

karvan is realy good he can take on ur best team easily wisla or widzev..especialy now they have new coach former besiktas coach fuad yaman.....lech will play with reserves looooool

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
kicker said:
Kamal Guliyev, Mahir Shukurov, Zaur Ramazanov - this Karvan trio was included in the Azerbaijan squad for Poland. I dare ask for short characteristics of each of them :)
Trust me, with the way these 3 clowns play they would be doing Lech a favor if they played. :rollani:

This will be a good experience for the talented U-21 players that Karvan has, particulary Ruslan Amirjanov and Jamshid Maherramov. Karvan coach also is going to bring in a player from Turkey and Brazil

·
Registered
7,136 Posts
D-lite

Bro, what do you know about this guy, Fuad Yaman? From what I red he's a product of Besiktas system (Besiktas again ;)), and he used to be an assistant coach to John Toschak and that's about it. Is he a former player? Where else did he worked and what are his credentials?

·
Registered
7,136 Posts
kicker

Actually at this point it is really hard to say anything about Karvan. As you may have already noticed, they just got a new coach, turk Fuad Yaman, and he already promised to make some changes in the squad.

The club itself was founded only last year, so it doesn't have much of a history, but they managed to finish the regular championship on a 3rd place. Fan base is really not that big – town of Yevlah, hometown of Karvan has population of only 50,000 but their 5,000 people capacity stadium is usually full.

What else… in the squad they have players from Tunis, Turkey, Georgia, Senegal, Latvia and Cote d'Ivoire, and Zaur Ramazanov – top goal scorer of the last regular championship.

If you would have any other questions, please feel free to ask ;)

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Quidam said:
The club itself was founded only last year, so it doesn't have much of a history (...)
Hm... Does it mean you have only one professional league in Azerbaijan? If not, how it is possible they found themselves immediately in the top division?

Thanks a lot for all responses :)

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Baku_United said:
where did u get it?
lech is 9 th in Poland championship :rollani:
In Poland we have such stuppid system, that Fa is choosing teams fro this teams wich WANT to play in Intertoto. They can choose even 10th team :rollani: This is why Polish teams are always sucking in Intertoto last years :eek:

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Quidam said:
D-lite

Bro, what do you know about this guy, Fuad Yaman?
Hey bro;

Yeah he's a product of our youth system, from eth same generation as Besiktas's current TD-Riza Calimbay.

He assisted Toschack for a while, then I think he coached Canakkale Dardenel (and quite a few promising stars have come out of there).

Here is apicture of him when he was young, he's on the right. On the left, sitting, notice Riza Calimbay :D

·
Registered
423 Posts
To the person who said Karvan could beat Wisla I doubt that very much. As for Widzew they are not anywhere near as good as Wisla they are in league 2 so yeah maybe you could give them a good shot

·
Registered
7,136 Posts
kicker said:
Hm... Does it mean you have only one professional league in Azerbaijan? If not, how it is possible they found themselves immediately in the top division?

Thanks a lot for all responses :)
Not really... we have 2 leagues - Premier (Yuksak) and 2nd, but last year our championship system has been seriously reorganized.
Thanks to the new government body of national football federation and to the government decree about football development, we got substantial inflow of money into the game. Several new clubs and teams were established (most of them in regions and one of them was Karvan), and football federation has decided to expand a national league to let them in.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Wojtekowak said:
To the person who said Karvan could beat Wisla I doubt that very much. As for Widzew they are not anywhere near as good as Wisla they are in league 2 so yeah maybe you could give them a good shot

cmon man u guys lost to Dinamo Tbilisi in UEFA last year Karvan prolly 1000 times beter then Tbilisi :shades:

·
Registered
7,136 Posts
Dj Domino said:
I would bet my mortgage on Wisla being victorious.
Probably... but we are talking about Lech here ;)

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Poland-Cement said:
Czesław Michniewicz (Lech's coach) said, that he will play with resevre squad, so maybe it's chance for Karvan ...
Loool, Karvan also will play with reserve squad :D First squad will begin their preparations on 1 July, in Turkey.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I have no clue I mean Poland whooped Azerbaijan home and away 11-0 on aggregate and yet people say their clubs are way better than Polish clubs. Accept the facts stop with the rubbish. Wisla only lost to Dinamo Tblisi because they did not care about the UEFA CUP they wanted to be in the champions league. 2 seasons before they beat Parma and Schalke among others when they actually tried. Could Karvan do that? No I highly doubt it. First the Albanians who got beat by Poland claim they are better than Poland and now Azerbaijan fans think their clubs could whoop Polish clubs. Karvan versus Lech could be a close match as Lech suck in Europe but do not say Karvan could take Wisla as it is simply not true. Alot of the Poland national team plays for Wisla. Do not say Karvan are 100 times better than Dinamo Tblisi because that is not true either

·
Registered
7,136 Posts
Relax, Wojtekowak and take it easy ;)

1 - 20 of 645 Posts