Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We should get the 3 points in this match..........I think we will be missing Cerci and I know Pozzi is definitely out so hopefully Forestieri can get a call up :)

I would go with

-----------------------Consigli
De Silvestri----Santacroce----Criscito----De Ceglie
-----------------------Cigarini
----------------Dessena------Marchisio
----------Rossi-------------------Giovinco
---------------------Aqcuafresca

Or switch the attack to

------------------------Giovinco
---------------------Rossi----Aqcuafresca

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I doubt Forestieri will get called just yet :)

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
That said he has played 14 games and over 500 minutes of football recently... he deserves a call up :D

·
Administrator
52,970 Posts
When is the game?

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Next Tuesday I assume.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Full Squad.

Goalkeepers: Alfonso (Venezia), Consigli (Rimini), Sirigu (Cremonese)

Defenders: Bocchetti (Frosinone), De Ceglie (Siena), De Silvestri (Lazio), Marzoratti (Empoli), Motta (Torino), Pisano (Cagliari), Marco Rossi (Parma)

Midfielders: Bolzoni (Inter), Cigarini (Parma), Dessena (Parma), Giovinco (Empoli), Marchisio (Empoli), Morosini (Vicenza), Russotto (Treviso)

Attackers: Acquafresca (Cagliari), Lanzafame (Bari), Osvaldo (Fiorentina), Giuseppe Rossi (Villareal).

Great to see another Juventus-owned youngster in there in Lanzafame.

·
Administrator
52,970 Posts
Is it Lanzafames first call-up? He has been on form in Serie B, but didnt think he was in consideration.

Sad to see Rossi in the squad....He is really too good for this, and should be in the NT.

And Criscito is not even good enough for U-21 nowadays :pp

·
Registered
917 Posts
He is injured. As for his quality as a player, I think it is obvious he needs to become stronger so as to compete with the forwards of Serie A. But once he gets that strength and continues to play with confidence at a place like Genoa with an excellent coach for another year or two, I think then he might be ready for Juventus. You can tell that he is a class player just by the way he spreads around the ball, but no Juventus was too big a step for him at that point of his career, especially playing for a coach like Ranieri.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The reason Santacroce wasn't called up is because he got a red card in the last match.............

Good squad, was hoping to see Forestieri though who has been doing good with Siena

I would go with

-----------------------Consigli
De Silvestri----Marzoratti----Rossi----De Ceglie
-----------------------Cigarini
----------------Dessena------Marchisio
----------Rossi-------------------Giovinco
---------------------Acquafresca

Casiraghi will probably go with the same line up but Motta instead of De Silvestri and maybe Osvaldo instead of Acquafresca

·
Registered
239 Posts
Is it Lanzafames first call-up? He has been on form in Serie B, but didnt think he was in consideration.

Sad to see Rossi in the squad....He is really too good for this, and should be in the NT.

And Criscito is not even good enough for U-21 nowadays :pp
Criscito has been doing well at Genoa. Much more comfortable at left back, which suits him at this stage. Definitely good enough.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Criscito has talent, it's obvious. Being a starter at Juventus at that age in defense with the likes of Molinaro around him was too much for him at this stage unfortunately. He should stay at Genoa for next season for sure, probably even longer. If he bulks up a bit, gets more experience and his confidence back he will be a good player.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Talented squad as usual

My team:

Consigli; De Silvestri, Motta, Marzoratti, De Ceglie; Dessena, Cigarini, Marchisio; G. Rossi, Acquafresca, Giovinco.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Next Tuesday I assume.
Yeah, on the 25th

Is M.Rossi still called up to the game? Cause he is injured.
He's not called up anymore along with Russotto due to injury. Paloschi is so far the only replacement called up (His first call up to the U21) but I expect another CB because right now there is only one in the squad :eek:

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This match starts in about 25 minutes and so far Gazzetta has this as the line up

------------------Consigli
Motta----Marzoratti----Bocchetti----De Ceglie
------Dessena----Cigarini----Marchisio
-------------Rossi-------Giovinco
----------------Aqcuafresca

Forza Azzurrini

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
The usual team, but surprised that De Silvestri doesnt start. I think he is better than Motta, even if Motta is the captain.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The usual team, but surprised that De Silvestri doesnt start. I think he is better than Motta, even if Motta is the captain.

That really is the only reason Motta starts IMO :wallbang:

With that being said Motta is a good RB and at least Di Silvestri will be a sure starter in the next U21 team

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
De Silvestri could play even for the Italy NT within the next couple years. I think He or Motta could have been put CB in this game. De Silvestri is a class CB aswell, esp. in the younger Italy teams.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Any links for the game please?

·
Registered
15,585 Posts
Damn that's a good starting XI. Any chance of seeing Paloschi getting a couple of minutes?

Craka, there is a stream om streamerone. Check www.myp2p.eu ---> live sports and then you'll find a link to the game.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts