Xtratime Community banner

Azerbaijan Football Stadiums

17K views 73 replies 8 participants last post by  AzeriWolf 
#1 ·
First of all, let me introduce myself. My name is Marcel and I'm a 21 year old man from The Netherlands. I'm very interested in the Azerbaijan football. Unfortunately, on the internet aren't much pictures of the footballstadiums in Azerbaijan. My question is: Do you have any pictures of the stadiums in the Premier League?

#3 ·
Well that's the problem. I can't find any pictures of the stadiums. The following stadiums are difficult to find:
- Stadium of Karabach Agdam
- Stadium of Turan Tovuz
- Stadium of Karvan Yevlax
- Stadium of MOIK
- Stadium of FK Gabala
- Stadium of Mugan Salyan

I can't find any pictures of these stadiums...

#6 ·
I'm very interested in the Azerbaijan football.
Why? :D

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Only found Karvan --> http://www.karvan.az/?p=3&t=2&lg=az

On Qarabag's website they show pictures of home and away matches, so beside Qarabag's own stadium also Turan can be found.
http://www.garabagh.com/1987/?name=photos&lang=2

Some more...
On Asseltours Shafa Stadionu in Baki and Habil Xalilov adina stadion in Imishli.
On another one Tofiq Bahramov Stadion in Baki.

Here Şəhər Stadionu in Lenkoran and some more of Shafa Stadionu in Baki. Finally Simurq Stadionu in Zaqatala.
Şəmkir Şəhər Stadionu in Samkir (demolished?) and another time Habil Xalilov.

Agree it's very hard to find some decent pictures.

#12 ·
MOIK stands for "Merkezi Ordu Idman Klubu" - Central Sports Club of Army. MOIK was originally built around the same concept of military sports club as CSKA Moscow, and CSKA Sofia etc.

#15 ·
Oke thanks.
And they want to build a new stadium?
I've heard that the teams in the first division won't promote to the premier league.
But will the teams from the premier league relegate to the first division or will the premier leugue have the same teams next season as this season.

#16 ·
Marcel1987

Yes, MOIK plans to build a new stadium for the next season. You can see drawings over here

As far as format goes, starting from next season the number of teams in Azeri Premier League will be reduced from 14 to 12 teams, correspondingly number of teams in the 1st Division will increase from 8 to 10.

#17 · (Edited)
Marcel1987
Yes, MOIK have a stadium and if I may say very old one and yes they have plans to build new one, lets hope it will go trough.
For next season plan is to cut number of teams in Supreme League from 14 to 12, so two last place teams get relegated. Which is btw imho very unfair decision towards first division.
Initial formula (to relegate 3 teams and 4th from the bottom will play playoff with second team in 1st division) was making more sense and at least was based on sports not administrative principals.

#18 ·
Quidam thank you for the drawings. It looks small, but MOIK doesn't have much fans during their matches do they? Ras1112, you say the MOIK stadium is very old. Do you have a picture of it?

Thank you both for the answer on my question about the league format. I hope Mugan won't relegate.

Are there more clubs who will built a new stadium?

#19 ·
Marcel, as far I am aware of soon Neftchi and Inter will have their own stadium. Also from next season, all clubs in Azeri premier league must have their own stadium

P.S Do you need this info for wiki?

#25 ·
Thank you for all your comments!
It's nice to hear stadiums from all over the country will be reconstructed.

As for the current stadiums, on the site of Karabagh are pictures from all their matches. I was surprised about the Mugan stadium. I hope Google Earth will come with more recent pictures of Azerbaijan, so the stadiums are better visible.

I hope to see more pictures of the past, current and future stadiums of Azerbaijan!

#26 ·
Marcel1987

over here, you can find pics of the Simurq's stadium (Zaqatala town).

Also, Gabala is currently building itself a new stadium (capacity around 10,000).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.