Xtratime Community banner
21 - 40 of 74 Posts
Another time Safa Stadium --> http://www.baedw.de/interbaku.html

EDIT: Quite funny to read, the entry was for free and about 700 spectators attended the match.
Also a link to the old Safa Stadium, before it was being rebuilt and fulfilled to the FIFA-standards.

Knoert

thanks a lot, mate! :thumbsup: very entertaining read indeed.

and this picture of old Shafa was a surprise for me too. I didn't even knew that this stadium was reconstructed. I always thought they built it anew. And this isn't the final look, btw. The stadium is going to be modernized again. I saw pics somewhere, I'll post it if I'll find it.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Thank you for all your comments!
It's nice to hear stadiums from all over the country will be reconstructed.

As for the current stadiums, on the site of Karabagh are pictures from all their matches. I was surprised about the Mugan stadium. I hope Google Earth will come with more recent pictures of Azerbaijan, so the stadiums are better visible.

I hope to see more pictures of the past, current and future stadiums of Azerbaijan!

Marcel1987

over here, you can find pics of the Simurq's stadium (Zaqatala town).

Also, Gabala is currently building itself a new stadium (capacity around 10,000).

AFFA planning to build new stadium for Azeri NT in Mardakan, which got capacity of 5500 and will have it's own base..it will be used by NT for trainings

Gabala announced that the new 15,000 capacity stadium will be designed by the UK-based architectural firm AFL Architects. This is the firm that among others designed Anfield, Hearts stadium and is in charge of Nou Camp expansion. The construction is scheduled to begin next year.

Why will Gabala build a stadium for 15.000 people? How many people watch their games now?
the average attendance at the Gabala home game was around 1,500 spectators, but the club management believes that they have a potential for much more. They are in the process of building an infrastructure - new stadium, new team base, new football academy, and they firmly believe that they are as much capable to fill 15,000 stadium as Khazar Lankaran. Team bosses also vie to attract spectators now only from city of Gabala but from nearby towns as well.

I know for sure that Baku is also getting ready to build its own stadium (5,000 seats).
Stadard Baku was planning as well, but now there are talks that the team might be moving to the city of Sumgayit.

Will they build their own stadium in Sumgayit or will they play in the old Gençlerbirligi stadium?
If they do indeed move to Sumgayit then odds are that they will use an existing stadium. However, they might do some renovations.

Discussion starter · #40 ·
Do you know why Standard moves to Sumgayit? If they do, I hope they will build a new stadium. I've seen some pictures of the Gençlerbirligi stadium on the sites of Garabagh and Khazar, and it looks old...

21 - 40 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.