Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AZ.nl said:
YOUTH SQUAD FEATURING SCHAARS BEAT VITESSE

ALKMAAR - The youth squad featuring a fit Stijn Schaars beat their Vitesse Arnhem counterparts 1-0 on Monday night. Schaars played the entire first half without any problems. Gregory Nelson scored the only goal of the evening after thirty minutes of play through a low hard shot. The scoreline could have been more impressive.

AZ weren't bothered too much by Vitesse. It was a small miracle only one goal was scored. The first thirty minutes numbered a grand total of five solid goalscoring chances, but it wasn't until the sixth chance that Nelson scored a goal from the edge of the penalty area.

Gregory Nelson (second from left) celebrates his goal with his teammates.

Coach Marcel Bout's team created one more chance before half time, but Graziano Pellè failed to convert it. He wasn't the only first team man to disappoint, Simon Poulsen and Julian Jenner missed their chances as well.

Stijn Schaars takes a moment to ponder his come-back after the game.

With Pellè and Schaars left behind in the dressing room, the second half wasn't nearly as appealing as the first as the team struggled to create chances.

Schaars made his come-back in the youth squad in early September in a game versus NAC but ended up receiving more surgery for the same injury that had sidelined him before. "This time feels so much better", Schaars told the media after the game, "Against NAC, I needed pain killers to stay on the pitch. I don't now, the pain is gone. I really feel I'm on my way back but I'll only take it one match at a time."

STATISTICS:

Jong AZ – Jong Vitesse 1-0 (1-0)

Line-up Jong AZ: Boy Waterman, Milano Koenders, Aron Gunnarsson, Stijn Schaars (46. Joona Toivio), Sébastien Pocognoli, Ruud Vormer, Julian Jenner (59. Toni Kolehmainen), Simon Poulsen, Graziano Pellè (46. Santy Hulst), Simon Cziommer en Gregory Nelson.

Line-up Jong Vitesse: Sebastiaan van der Sman, Colin van Mourik, Robin Faber, Ercan Ozturk, Bennie Honing, Cees Keizer (80. Leon Toonen), Giovanni Gravenbeek, Alexander Büttner, Ricky van Wolfswinkel, Wiljan Pluim (80. Akif Metin) en Anduele Prijor.

Goals: 29. Nelson 1-0
Yellow cards: -
Referee: J. Kamphuis
Attendance: 350
Check out that line-up, youth squad my ass :D

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Aint i seen those players before somewhere:tongue:On a serious point.How is our youth team.What good players do we have as well.

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Our youth education is coming along but it's behind in terms of quality compared to our first team. We've spent a lot of money on our first team and everything around it (stadium etc.) but the development of the youth education has been slower. That's not surprising, you have to build up a tradition in that respect of course.

Of the two guys that have penned contracts with us lately; Gaston Salasiwa and Jeroen Tesselaar, I'm more optimistic about the latter than I am about the former. Aron Gunnarsson will be an asset to the first team soon, so will Gregory Nelson I think. Other than that, I'm not extremely familiar with the youth squad. Since I don't leave near Alkmaar (anymore) I have to rely on eye witness reports these days :D

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
AZ.nl said:
JONG AZ LOSE, MARTENS RETURNS

HEERENVEEN- Jong AZ lost to Jong sc Heerenveen on Monday. The youth squad finally went down 3-1 in the Abe Lenstra Stadium. Maarten Martens made a successful debut after months of injury troubles. The Belgian came on for Stijn Schaars at the halfway stage. Joey Didulica played without a helmet for the first time since his injury.

The result might sound a little disillusioning, but coach Marcel Bout claimed AZ played their best game of the season, squandering a lot of chances.

The only shot that did go in was that of Gregory Nelson just before half time. AZ let victory slip out of its hands in the final fifteen minutes. Right after Nelson almost fired home the 0-2, Heerenveen through Smárason and Henrique turned the 0-1 in a 2-1. Minutes later Henrique completed the final score.

Coach Bout: "Until the 76th minute, we were playing a great game. The best game of the season. Schaars, Didulica and Martens all played very well tonight as well. Martens played like he always did, like he never left."

The next game takes place on Monday 21 april when Willem II come to visit in Alkmaar. Kick-off is at 18:30h CET at trainingscenter 't Lood.

STATISTICS:

Jong sc Heerenveen - Jong AZ 3-1 (0-1)

Line-up Jong AZ: Joey Didulica, Milano Koenders (84. Santy Hulst), Joona Toivio, Aron Gunnarsson, Sébastien Pocognoli, Stijn Schaars (46. Maarten Martens), Toni Kolehmainen, Gaston Salasiwa, Gregory Nelson (76. Ilias Haddad), Simon Poulsen, Furdjel Narsingh.

Goals: 42. Nelson 0-1, 76. Smárason 1-1, 82. Henrique 2-1, 86. Henrique 3-1.
Red card:: 85. Pocognoli (2 x geel)

The standings in the Eredivisie for youth teams
1. Jong FC Twente (22-46)
2. Jong Ajax (22-44)
3. Jong sc Heerenveen (22-40)
4. Jong AZ (22-36)
5. Jong FC Groningen (22-34)
6. Jong Sparta Rotterdam (22-33)
7. Jong PSV (22-32)
8. Jong RKC Waalwijk (22-28)
9. Jong Vitesse (22-25)
10. Jong FC Utrecht (22-23)
11. Jong NEC (22-23)
12. Jong NAC Breda (22-23)
13. Jong Willem II (22-21)
14. Jong ADO Den Haag (22-20)
Gregory Nelson again :proud: This was last Monday's game btw. I'd've posted it earlier but I was ill.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Code:
The standings in the Eredivisie for youth teams
1. Jong FC Twente (22-46) 
2. Jong Ajax (22-44) 
3. Jong sc Heerenveen (22-40) 
[COLOR=RED]4. Jong AZ (22-36)[/COLOR]
5. Jong FC Groningen (22-34) 
6. Jong Sparta Rotterdam (22-33)
7. Jong PSV (22-32) 
8. Jong RKC Waalwijk (22-28)
9. Jong Vitesse (22-25)
10. Jong FC Utrecht (22-23)
11. Jong NEC (22-23)
12. Jong NAC Breda (22-23)
13. Jong Willem II (22-21)
14. Jong ADO Den Haag (22-20)
Gregory Nelson again :proud: This was last Monday's game btw. I'd've posted it earlier but I was ill.
Is Gregory Nelson any good Slagathor why you like him so much.

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sort of too early to tell (for me anyway since I'm not keeping up with the youth squad as well as I could) but I like what I've seen so far. He's a goalscoring striker, what more could we want :D

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AZ.nl said:
JONG AZ BEAT JONG WILLEM II

ALKMAAR- Jong AZ have won the home game against their Willem II adversaries. Furdjel Narsingh produced the only goal of the game after half time. Joey Didulica defended the goal for the entire match, Stijn Schaars and Maarten Martens played 45 and 60 minutes respectively.

The opening phase of the game was uncharacteristic of the team, coach Marcel Bout agreed: "Our passing wasn't quite as accurate and precise as usual, which made attacking difficult."

Martens almost scored after 35 minutes from a free kick, he almost scored again two minutes later but his bicycle kick went wide (see photo below)

Stijn Schaars stayed behind in the dressing room for the second act. Narsingh quickly scored the opening goal, which had to be defended with ten men for the last 26 minutes of the match. Santy Hulst left the pitch with an injury at a point Bout had already made three substitutions. Despite being a man down, only Willem II defender Josimar Lima managed to pose a threat to AZ's lead when his shot hit the side netting towards the end of the second half.

STATISTICS:

Jong AZ – Jong Willem II 1–0 (0-0)

Line-up Jong AZ: Joey Didulica, Carlos Ramos, Joona Toivio, Aron Gunnarsson, Gaston Salasiwa, Stijn Schaars (46. Ilias Haddad), Toni Kolehmainen, Simon Poulsen, Furdjel Narsingh, Maarten Martens (60. Chevello de Rijp), Gregory Nelson (24. Santy Hulst).

Line-up Jong Willem II: Bruno Appels, Daan van Dinter, Josimar Lima, Angelo Martha, Leonardo Veloso, Marlon Pereira Freire, Sergio Zijler (63. Ronnie Reiniers), Ken van Mierlo (70. Michael de Leeuw), George Mourad, Niels Vorthoren (63. Lars Lambooij), Cristiano.

Goals: 52. Narsingh 1-0
Yellow cards: Mourad, Salasiwa
Red cards: -
Referee: L. Koopman
Attendance: 250

Other results:
Jong ADO Den Haag - Jong FC Utrecht 1-2
Jong Ajax - Jong RKC Waalwijk 0-3
Jong AZ - Jong Willem II 1-0
Jong FC Groningen - Jong NEC 0-3
Jong FC Twente - Jong PSV 3-1
Jong NAC Breda - Jong Sparta Rotterdam 0-4
Jong Vitesse - Jong sc Heerenveen 1-0

The standings in the Eredivisie for youth teams:
1. Jong FC Twente 23-49
2. Jong Ajax 23-44
3. Jong sc Heerenveen 23-40
4. Jong AZ 23-39
5. Jong Sparta Rotterdam 23-36
6. Jong FC Groningen 23-34
7. Jong PSV 23-32
8. Jong RKC Waalwijk 23-31
9. Jong Vitesse 23-28
10. Jong FC Utrecht 23-26
11. Jong NEC 23-26
12. Jong NAC Breda 23-23
13. Jong Willem II 23-21
14. Jong ADO Den Haag 23-20
Stupid Twente are doing great, what the heck is going on there :D

·
Registered
59,259 Posts
No mention of scummy Arsenal meddling into your affairs? :lala: :pp

Death to Wenger and all EPL clubs meddling into our acadamies :stuckup:

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What you do is, you wear a shirt just like them and they ignore you cause they think you're already theirs :party:

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Wenger is great Wally he is.What would you say if Spurs signed the top young player at Feyenoord what be your answer then:pp

·
Registered
59,259 Posts
I'd be disgusted.

I'm even disgusted at Spurs tbh. We signed Pekhart, the star of Slavia Pragues youth academy and what do we do? put him in the reserves for the last 2 seasons...and his chances of getting into the first team? well you can fill it in.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
4th place was not that bad then.

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
AZ.nl said:
JONG AZ BEAT JONG FC UTRECHT

UTRECHT- Jong AZ have won the game against Jong FC Utrecht on Monday. AZ won by a difference of 3 goals to 1 in Sportpark Zoudenbalch. Furdjel Narsingh, Simon Poulsen and Kolbeinn Sigthórsson scored the goals. In the rankings, Jong AZ have climbed to third place and might still grab second.

Coach Marcel Boutw as content with the victory: “We played a more than good game. Our passing game was excellent against a physically strong Jong FC Utrecht which is still fighting relegation and therefore wanted to keep some points at home. In possession, we played around their physical strength and when Utrecht were in possession, we were more alert and agressive.”

It resulted in six excellent chances before half time of which only two were scored. A combination down the left flank by Simon Poulsen and Jeroen Tesselaar was finished off by Furdjel Narsingh. Not much later, Poulsen doubled the score with an impressive individual run and a flaming shot. Utrecht pulled one back before the break.

The game continued in much the same manner in the second half as Jong AZ had a number of opportunities to seal the victory. But it wasn't until the end of the match drew near that Sightórsson managed to round off excellent passing by Carlos Ramos and Narsingh. Sightórsson had come on as a sub to play his first minutes after having been injured for a long time.

Two matches remain for Jong AZ. On Tuesday 13 May, Jong PSV will visit the DSB Stadium and the season will end in Rotterdam on 19 May with a match against Sparta.

STATISTICS:

Jong FC Utrecht – Jong AZ 1-3 (1-2)

Line-up Jong AZ: Joey Didulica, Milano Koenders, Carlos Ramos, Joona Toivio, Jeroen Tesselaar, Stijn Schaars (62. Aron Gunnarsson), Toni Kolehmainen, Simon Poulsen (65. Wouter de Vogel), Furdjel Narsingh, Maarten Martens (75. Kolbeinn Sigthórsson) en Gregory Nelson.

Goals: 23. Narsingh 0-1, 31. Poulsen 0-2, 44. 1-2 en 85. Sigthórsson 1-3
Yellow cards: Koenders (Jong AZ)

Other results:
Jong FC Utrecht – Jong AZ 1-3
Jong SC Heerenveen – Jong Ajax 2-2
Jong NEC – Jong NAC Breda 3-2
Jong PSV – Jong ADO Den Haag 1-2
Jong RKC Waalwijk – Jong FC Groningen 0-1
Jong Willem II – Jong Vitesse 4-1

1. Jong FC Twente 24-52
2. Jong Ajax 24-45
3. Jong AZ 24-42
4. Jong SC Heerenveen 24-41
5. Jong FC Groningen 24-37
6. Jong Sparta Rotterdam 24-36
7. Jong PSV 24-32
8. Jong RKC Waalwijk 24-31
9. Jong NEC 24-29
10. Jong Vitesse 24-28
11. Jong FC Utrecht 24-26
12. Jong Willem II 24-24
13. Jong ADO Den Haag 24-23
14. Jong NAC Breda 24-23
I want second place :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
AZ.nl said:
YOUTH SQUAD BEAT PSV

ALKMAAR- Jong AZ have emerged victorious from the last home game of the season by beating their PSV counter parts by one goal to nil. Marcel Bout's team snatched the victory only just before half time when Chevello de Rijp hit home. With these three points in the bag, AZ are third with one game remaining.

Chevello de Rijp (R) celebrates his goal

The first half gave the fans the feeling Jong AZ were going to win by a huge margin. Gregory Nelson was the most dangerous man on the pitch with three shots and a header all on target. Maarten Martens almost scored from an excellent pass by Simon Poulsen but his effort went just wide.

PSV forward Genero Zeefuik only managed one shot on target before half time but it was a sign of things to come. Didulica had to pull some good saves on efforts by Yannick Rymenants, Zeefuik and Rochdi Achenteh later in the game.

Both teams failed to convert their chances. Until the 89th minute when substitute Chevello de Rijp scored the only goal of the match with one of his first touches.

STATISTICS:

Jong AZ – Jong PSV 1–0 (0-0)

Line-up Jong AZ: Joey Didulica, Carlos Ramos, Joona Toivio, Aron Gunnarsson, Gaston Salasiwa, Stijn Schaars (82. Chevello de Rijp), Toni Kolehmainen, Simon Poulsen, Furdjel Narsingh, Maarten Martens (90. Wouter de Vogel), Gregory Nelson (86. Santy Hulst).

Line-up Jong PSV: Cassio Ramos, Eelco Horsten (84. Jahmill Flu), Rens van Wuytens, Bart van Berlo, Jasper Waalkesn, Paul Voss (73. Rob van Boekel), Rochdi Achenteh, Genero Zeefuik, Ronald Hikspoors, Yannick Rymenants.

Goals: 89. De Rijp 1-0
Yellow cards: Gunnarsson
Referee: Tullemers
Toeschouwers: 2.500

Other results:
ADO Den Haag – Sparta Rotterdam 1-2
Ajax – FC Groningen 3-0
AZ – PSV 1-0
FC Twente – NEC 1-3
sc Heerenveen – Willem II 0-1
Vitesse – FC Utrecht 1-1
NAC Breda – RKC Waalwijk1-2

1. FC Twente 25-52
2. Ajax 25-48
3. AZ 25-45
4. sc Heerenveen 25-41
5. Sparta Rotterdam 25-39
6. FC Groningen 25-37
7. RKC Waalwijk 25-34
8. PSV 25-32
9. NEC 24-32
10. Vitesse 25-29
11. Willem II 25-27
12. FC Utrecht 25-27
13. ADO Den Haag 25-23
14. NAC Breda 25-23
Well done :thumbsup: It's weird to see how a PSV team is 8th in the rankings though :D

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Slagathor, 'Jong' AZ is no youth squad. I'm very serious about that. The highest youth squad is the Under 19 (A1). Jong AZ contains senior players that in my opinion should be loaned out to other clubs instead of being burried in this *@# team.

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
AZ.nl said:
SEASON ENDS WITH DRAW AGAINST SPARTA

ROTTERDAM- Jong AZ has ended the season with a draw against Sparta. The game in Rotterdam ended 1-1. The only goal by Marcel Bout's team was scored by Toni Kolehmainen on the one hour mark. The point means AZ finish third in the rankings.

"We didn't put up a great performance", coach Bout analyzed, "The first 25 minutes were alright but the quality of our passing game went down from there."

AZ went ahead after sixty minutes when Kolehmainen scored from a rebound. A Stijn Schaars free kick hit the cross bar upon which Kolehmainen headed home. The home side equalized in the 78th minute. Bout: "The equalizer was deserved, Sparta were the better side at that point in the game"

Two players made their debut for Jong AZ in the second half: Ben Rienstra en Mikhael Rosheuvel.

Analyzing the season as a whole, Bout thinks it was "a more than okay season" but "lacking in goalscoring ability, we just didn't score enough goals"

STATISTICS:

Jong Sparta Rotterdam – Jong AZ 1–1 (0-0)

Line-up Jong AZ: Joey Didulica, Carlos Ramos, Joona Toivio, Aron Gunnarsson (46. Ben Rienstra), Jeroen Tesselaar (74. Mikhael Rosheuvel), Stijn Schaars, Toni Kolehmainen, Gaston Salasiwa, Gregory Nelson, Furdjel Narsingh, Santy Hulst (60. Chevello de Rijp).

Other results:
FC Groningen - NAC Breda 5-0
FC Utrecht - sc Heerenveen 2-1
NEC - ADO Den Haag 4-1
PSV - Vitesse 3-2
RKC Waalwijk - FC Twente 2-2
Sparta R'dam - AZ 1-1
Willem II - Ajax 0-0

1. FC Twente 26-53
2. Ajax 26-49
3. AZ 26-46
4. sc Heerenveen 26-41
5. Sparta R'dam 26-40
6. FC Groningen 26-40
7. PSV 26-35
8. NEC 26-35
9. RKC Waalwijk 26-35
10. FC Utrecht 26-30
11. Vitesse 26-29
12. Willem II 26-28
13. ADO Den Haag 26-23
14. NAC Breda 26-23
If you look only at the table, seeing AZ on third place reminds me of better days :proud:

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
AZ.nl said:
NARSINGH ON LOAN TO VOLENDAM

Furdjel Narsingh (pictured) will spend the 2008/2009 season on loan at newly promoted FC Volendam. Earlier this year, he signed a renewed deal with AZ keeping him in Alkmaar until July 2010.

One for the future :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
AZ.nl said:
ALKMAAR- AZ and Coventry City have agreed on a transfer for Aron Gunnarsson (18). The Icelandic defender from the AZ youth squad will most likely come to an additional personal agreement with Coventry in the next few days.
Best of luck :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts