Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will be a good test for Co's side. Rangers seem to be in good form lately. Both teams are very likely to qualify for the next round and since neither team is used to hold back and wait for a possible counterattack this will probably also be a good game to watch.

I predict a spectacular 2-2 draw.

·
Registered
478 Posts
1-1
Landzaat and prso will score.

·
Registered
59,106 Posts
Should be a cracker. Both sides in form and like you said, Ron, already through. All 3 results are possible, but I'll be partisan and say 2-1 to AZ

As for the other game, could go all ways too. Will always be tough away in Croatia against Dinamo Zagreb for the Friezen and with a young side, they're unpredictable. A draw would in my eyes be a good result

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
I prefer to be pessimistic about our chances. I think AZ will win by a couple of goals (probably get slated for that on the 'gers forum). Some of you have got the wrong idea about our style of play as well. I think we'll play a mainly physical game with bits of football in between. We'll have to play our best game of the season to win this match I think.

·
Registered
59,106 Posts
Angle_eyes said:
. Some of you have got the wrong idea about our style of play as well. I think we'll play a mainly physical game with bits of football in between. .
Yeah, I noticed that when Spurs travelled up north in the summer for that friendly :D (Keanos injury :groan: )

Dado Prso with his big physical presence and Novo will definitely be a handful to AZs defence which like all Dutch defences isn't Italian. Wouldn't want to be a betting man on this one!

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Did you see the comments too from Fortes R. about Ricksen? "In the 12 years of my pro career Ricksen is the only player I really dislike" :D He wasn't the only one who thought so about him.

About the game itself. It looks very nice on paper and for AZ another chance to prove themselfs on the European stage, although besides some good name the Rangers aren't exactly a quality side in Europe. See their results in recent years and also this season. Knocked for the CL by CSKA and in the UEFA almost by Maritimo.

Still I'll keep a bucket close to me, cause I can't stand the Croatian Vennegoor. :yuck:

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
chivu said:
Knocked for the CL by CSKA and in the UEFA almost by Maritimo.
We're a very different team now. The Maritimo game is turning out to be the turning point of our season.

In terms of betting, the only bet is to back AZ to win the match. I would do, but I already backed them to win the group about a month and a half ago.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
It wasn't really a indication for the rest of the game. The goal was their best moment, only thnx to the incompetence of the Rangers it stayed 1-0, cause the Scots had the best chances to score. Especially in the second half, but hé they're through.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts