Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Wednesday 12 November at 20:45h CET (7:45pm BST)
DSB Stadium

Balls... Maybe I should plan another trip to Manhattan, seemed to work last time :party:

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Closing in on a big game now.

Could someone change the name of this thread to "[AZ] 2008/2009 KNVB Cup thread", I'm not sure what happened there :D

PSV will be without Amrabat (yay) and Brechet (who?).

No word yet on the injury of Pelle. Schaars might be back, El Hamdaoui is a tiny question mark at this point.

Out: Luirink, Dembele, Lens, Luijckx, Jaliens.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Thanks Styg as well.

·
Registered
59,713 Posts
AZ 1-0 PSV after extra time

Nice finish from Mendes da Silva after some good passing leading up to the goal.

Holman who came on for Ari with the assist.

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AZ Alkmaar 1-0 PSV Eindhoven
Goals: 98. Mendes da Silva (1-0)
Yellow cards: Marcellis (PSV), Swerts (AZ), Moisander (AZ), Isaksson (PSV)
Red cards: N/A
Referee: Braamhaar
Attendance: 15.793

Starting line-up: Sergio Romero, Gill Swerts, Niklas Moisander, Héctor Moreno, Sébastien Pocognoli (106. Milano Koenders), David Mendes da Silva, Demy de Zeeuw, Stijn Schaars, Maarten Martens (114. Nick van der Velden), Mounir El Hamdaoui, Ari (86. Brett Holman).

Great tension watching this stalemate!

No player ratings from me this time cause I didn't get home from work until we were already a full hour underway.
I did see the goal, some great passing there. Wonderful stuff and very iconic of the way we're playing this season. Otherwise, from what I saw, a very tight match where both teams gave extremely little away. PSV looked surprisingly strong, I'm glad we managed to beat them when they play well.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Another win on our road to winning the cup can any team stop us now we are even keeping clean sheets as well.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Nice victory... PSV indeed played better than last time we met them in the league but we managed to win again with 1-0 and also were the better team (even with some important players missing). Good for our confidence and if we maintain this form we are definitely one of the title contenders.

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol did the reply button freeze on you? I hate when that happens :D

Completely agree with what you said.

Our next game is on 20/21/22 January at home versus amateur outfit Achilles. Imagine the embarrassment if we were to get knocked out by them after beating PSV. Good thing we play them in Alkmaar, less chance of an upset!

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
AZ ALKMAAR - ACHILLES '29
Wednesday 21 January at 20:00h CET (7:00pm BST)
DSB Stadium

We've got ourselves a Wednesday evening game, how awkward :D

So we're facing the amateursof Achilles '29, shouldn't be a massive problem by any means.

I say 4-0 with a Dembélé double.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Why are they called Achilles 29 someone tell me.A strange name for a team it is

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I presume it's after the near-invulnerable Greek hero. Same as Ajax, Heracles and Sparta who also get their names from Greek mythology.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
We won 3-0 Dembele,Pocangnoli and Swerts scored the goals it must of been very easy for us.Or was it a hard game.Who were are best players.

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
AZ Alkmaar 3-0 Achilles '29
Goals: 11. Pocognoli (1-0), 72. Dembélé (2-0), 74. Swerts (3-0)
Yellow cards: N/A
Red cards: N/A
Referee: Makkelie
Attendance: 13.313

Starting line-up: Didulica | Swerts, Jaliens (46. Mendes da Silva), Luijckx, Pocognoli (78. Kolehmainen) | Van der Velden, De Zeeuw (78. Vejinovic), Schaars, Poulsen | Pellè, Dembélé

MOTM: Moussa Dembélé who scored a really attractive goal. I don't want to call it an awesome goal given the opposition but it was nice nevertheless.

Otherwise a pretty uninspired display which is alright. We didn't look like we might lose the game for a single second and that's what we want to see. You could never be sure of a result for the past 5 seasons or so, but these days we're looking like an incredibly stable side. Even if we play the B-team.

Fine debuts by Kolehmainen and Vejinovic, it's good to see them get some minutes.

Draw for the next round is tonight.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Our next opponent in the quarter finals is NAC Breda.

They are the only team who could beat us at home this season.
But then we missed some players and weren't in our current form yet.

They are real cupfighters but we should be able to reach the semi-finals.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts