Xtratime Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ayala "AS Roma buy me!"
He is one of the untouchable hinge of Argentine national team, but in AC Milan there is space for him just on the bench. And Roberto Fabian Ayala cannot accept that anymore "I want to play! Well, I cannot spend another season as last one for sure, just watching the matches, never playing them! And if with AC Milan I cannot have this chance, then it's better I move away!" Ayala said 'La Gazzetta dello Sport'.

In last days the central defender had talks with his team mate in national team Gabriel Omar Batistuta who joined AS Roma just in last hours. And AS Roma could really be a possible destination for Ayala since the club managed by Fabio Capello is looking for a defender with the characteristics of the Argentine.

"If AS Roma thinks I could be useful and if Capello and the players there would like me, well no doubt, I'll go there running! Obviously AC Milan should agree a such deal, every part should act to find the best solution. I repeat, to play is what I care the most, it's not important if with AC or another club!"

Actually AS Roma is in talks with Verona to sign the young Danish defender Martin Laursen. But Ayala could be a good alternative since he is accustomed to play in a 3 or 4 line defence. Besides joining the Italian capital's club he will find also Walter Samuel, another defender of Argentina.

The main obstacle in the negotiation are the very bad relationships between the Capello's club and AC Milan. They are in the middle of a fight for the Emerson matter and it's seems really hard AC could make a favour to AS Roma. So there is the chance Ayala could find a club looking back in his past: that River Plate where he played in 1994 and 1995.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts