Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ayala and Valencia in contract deadlock

Tuesday 9th April 2002

Argentina defender Roberto Ayala has admitted he may be forced to leave Valencia at the end of the season after contract talks broke down over his salary demands.

"The board have already told me they wouldn't mind selling me if they reach a satisfactory agreement with another club and I agreed with them," he explained.

However, the 29-year-old, whose contract expires at the end of the campaign, is desperate to stay with the title-chasing Ches, who lie second in La Liga behind Real Madrid.

"I've said several times I intend to stay here as I feel comfortable. When you reach a certain age, money is not a big deal. My wife and children are settled and that is an extremely important factor."

Ayala revealed he has developed a bond with the Valencia faithful and will always be indebted to them.

"I already knew how competitive the club was when I arrived but the fans have given me their love and support from the start. They didn't know me to start with but welcomed me all the same and I'll never forget that.

"God willing, we will again be in the Champions' League next season, so what more could I want? I hope I have demonstrated my worth to the team since I came here."

Ayala, who began his career with Argentinian side Ferro before joining River Plate, moved to the Mestalla from AC Milan in 2000.

onefootball

·
Registered
518 Posts
It's a no no thing to lose ayala.
He's our indispensible player!
His understanding with pellegrino is doubtless.
I really hoped the contract could be settled satisfiying both parties.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Don't sell ayala, he's great.......

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
thats an understatement! he is prolly the best defender in la liga, oh well hope he comes to barca if u guys dont want him.....

hmmmm andersson-ayala combo !!

cheers

·
Registered
778 Posts
As I said before, I think there are, in my opinion, some indispensable players, namely: Ayala, Kily, and Albelda.
Slowly moving to an "indispensable" status are: Aimar and Baraja.

Ziad

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how about vicente??? is he also untouchable in your opinion??

·
Registered
518 Posts
There's no problem between Kily and Vicente though both of them were completing in the same position. Valencia will not let Vicente go easily as he's one of our hottest property. However, Ortis still sell great talent like Gerard to Barca :(

·
Registered
778 Posts
However, Ortis still sell great talent like Gerard to Barca
About Gerard, he wanted to leave. It was his dream to play for his childhood club, Barca (he's from there). I can't blame him. Plus, with the money offered for him, Cortes didn't have much choice.

Ziad

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
No doubt in my mind that Ayala is one of the best defenders in la Liga, you keep him, and win la liga, it will be so awesome to see you instead of that "galactic" team of Real winning la liga.

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
Well, letting Ayala go would be a terrible mistake for Valencia.

There are so many teams out there ready to grab him.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
In my opinion Valencia have the best defence in the world as a team... I mean on individuals you could say Juve but the Valencia unit is unbelievably good.

You do have cover for Ayala but the problem is that such cover consists of older players (different topic but are Canizares and Djukic speaking yet?) and losing arguably the best defender in the world would hit you hard... but you will probably get over it in a year.

On the Killy/Vicente situation... I thought that Killy would be the more likely to leave. I know he loves the club and is currently keeping Vicente out but I assumed that with Vicente being younger and Spanish than he would be the one to stay.

and one more thing that I have to mention is that I love Baraja... the man is a genius... if only his shots against Northern Ireland and Deportivo had gone in the world would understand what I mean.

IMO since he has come back from injury he has been the best player in la liga... even better than Aimar

·
Registered
518 Posts
pool_till_I_die said:
and one more thing that I have to mention is that I love Baraja... the man is a genius... if only his shots against Northern Ireland and Deportivo had gone in the world would understand what I mean.IMO since he has come back from injury he has been the best player in la liga... even better than Aimar
I do agree that Baraja is playing at the top of his form currently, in games he played, he contributed 101% to the result and definitely more significant than Aimar. & thats what makes our midfield so strong.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts