Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bad performance tonight. Out-played by Leverkusen.

I thought that with regards to personal skill they weren't all that but tactically they were brilliant and that their mad-proffessor-looking coach got his tactics spot on.

We were very short in midfield despite playing with 5 midfielders and the support for the striker(s) was very slow and lacking in number.

We were lucky to draw this one I feel as Leverkusen were the much better side despite the fact that they didn't have that many chances.

The plus points are that despite playing such a poor game we still managed to score 2 goals, draw 2-2 and be in with a chance to qualify for the final. Twas great to see Keano back.

Horrible to hear that Gaz Neville is out for the season as well, what is it with us and injuries this season?? they even got to me ;)

Anyway, this game is far from over, with Keano in the team and a bit more spirit we can still win this one.

Follow Follow Follow

:cool:

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Liebero said:

they even got to me ;)
me too. yesterday i jumped and landed on some bobbly hard ground and my left ankle folded underneath me. i was supposed to play that evening but could barely run. ended up getting changed at half time to help rescue a draw from a 2-0 deficit with only 10 men. happens to the best of us roy.;) :cool:

·
Registered
43,410 Posts
I wil just take the possiblity for a few notes as I had the chance too see the game.

Surely, you can win it but surely it will ba hard.
Leverkusen totatly outplayed you especially in the second half. I couldn't believe the last 10 minutes, seems like you settled down for the draw and Bayer was pushing for a 3rd. RVN was in his usual level, Barthez at least did not make a lot of stupid things ... but guys tell me , who is this player with N4 in your team??? :eek: I can't remember seeing him before ... Amazing how bad a great player could perform. I don't know whtehr he was simply played out of position or what. Surely he has the touch and the technique but common on so many wrong decisions, so many lost balls in the middle ... This is not Veron I know. Weird, so many of the great players are either injured or completely out of form before the WC.

Anyway, I believe if Keono is fit and Veron decides to shine just for 90 minutes you still can do it ... but as I said it will be hard.

Good luck. A Real Manutd final in Galsgow will be great beginning for the WC I believe.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
bono74 said:
who is this player with N4 in your team??? :eek:
that was veron, but you wouldn't have thought so. thanks for the post by the way. all the best:)

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
reason why manu didnt win was because RVN was off form..hes had two great chances at goal..shoulda put them away

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
*OZ* said:
reason why manu didnt win was because RVN was off form..hes had two great chances at goal..shoulda put them away
Nah

We lost the game in midfield

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Hey Bono,nice to see u post here.:)

Like I said in the other thread,Leverkusen deserved the draw and we were just poor tonight.The players looked lethargic and there was an apparent lack of urgency on our behalf.Veron and Scholes together just doesnt work.Veron was completely out of the game while being played on the right flank and once he was pushed into the center,Scholes became ineffective.Fergie has to pick only one of them alongside Butt and Keano in the return leg.Giggs wasnt allowed any space to run into and credit must also be given to the Leverkusen players for closing down every United player with the ball and they definitely showed greater hunger for the ocassion.:eek:

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
we were attempting to play on the ****er attack, but without anyone up the field to pass it too or anyone tracking back after an attacking manouveure. we can count oursleves very lucky to have got away with a draw.

·
Registered
43,410 Posts
K-2

you are welcomed buddy. I think I am one of the few fans of another great team that doesn't hate MAnutd. Actually I consider myself a Manchu fan on the island. Anyway, thanks ...

Beefy said:

that was veron ...
Thanks for the info :D ;) ... Sure it was Veron ... acccording to the shirt he was wearing. But not if you see the play. I don't know what is it but veron was a shadow of himself. Due to the fact that I live on the other part of the ocean this is the first game of Manutd I see this year but Veron from his LAcio days was a different player. He was one of the best in N10. Same goes for my own Rui Costa and Milan and Fio. Weird.

Guys, RVN has nothing to do with it, nor Ole, not even the diffence. As s.o. else said it you were completely outplayed in the midfield. giggs was Giggs but the rest were just too little to late for almost everey ball. Don't get me wrong - you actually played a very nice game. The game itself was a pleasure to watch if you are not biased. But don't balem RVN. Cause if Berbatov has scored that header in the first half or the one after that it would have been a dfferent story probably. RVN has done his job. Made the pass for the first , worked really hard for the peanlty and then scored it. You can't demand more from a forward in a semifinal in the CL. Ole was also quite active and he played the way he knows. The defence was not at its best but I guess this no news for you. With 88 year old Blanc ;) with those youngsters and especialy with the "Brazilian" Johnsen (he has to be one of my fav defenders I guess) out again can't hope for more really. But the midfield was just sloppy ... very sloppy!

As I said I hope Kean is back and veron somehow finds at least part of his form. Cause they are germans and you know what that means ... it will be very very very hard!

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
We have got ourselves a mountain to climb next week.But if any team can do it,its United.:)

However we have to improve our performance by 10000000000%:D if we are to come away from the BayArena with a win.The midfield has to be more active and thats where keano comes into play.I dont think he'd have allowed the players to get away with such a performance.He would have berated them on every misplaced pass and kept them on their toes all the time.

Come on Keano!!!Inspire us again like you did at the Stadio Del Alpi!!!!:proud::proud:

·
Registered
43,410 Posts
Stado Delle Alpi, of yes, this was a wonderful night for any Milanfan :D :D :D ... yes, Keano is part of the solutuon - without Becks he is the most important part.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
this was a wonderful night for any Milanfan
Oooohhh!!!!It was even better or all United fans.I bet all Juventus fans thought they were home and dry after Pippo got those two early goals but then started our amazing recovery with captain Keano heading home the first and what a fantastic header it was.:)

·
International
9,526 Posts
Possibly the worst game I've seen in the last 5 months. It was the lack of coordination that worried me most. Without gaz at the back, there seemed to be a distinct lack of cohesion, whilst Midfield just fluffed around in the second half, and in the last 10, fell to bits completely. Butt and Scholes reverted back to their old ways, and we ineffectual. Giggs was out of sorts, and RVN suffered under some tight marking.

But credit where credit is due, Bayer were the better team, and could conceivably won it on their own merits. It will be a hell of a match at theirs, but its not inconceivable that we might win it. With Keano back, who knows. Here's hoping we keep the dream alive.

C'MON UNITED

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
gotta say I was suprised to hear that Bayer put 2 tough away goals!

good luck next week, I was hoping for Real & Man Utd

1 - 14 of 14 Posts