Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted the below in the Milan section of the forum but perhaps it will get more traffic up here. Any help would be appreciated!

Hi all!

I will be traveling to Italia in a couple days and will be around for the next Serie A matchday. Unfortunately for me, Milan is playing away to Chievo in Verona. I would still like to attend the match - as of now, I've just seen Milan play friendly matches and I'm sure this will be a much better experience.

I'm looking for some advice before purchasing tickets. Wanted to ask if any of you have attended matches as away fans before. Where is the best place to sit for away fans - in the tribuna section? Anything I should expect?

Grazie!!

·
Registered
45,377 Posts
If you want to watch the game and have no painful surprises stay out of the away fans sectors, which are filled with shitheads. Any other sector is good, even the one of the home fans, no matter whether you are not one. Other than that: the cheaper the sector is, the shitter you watch the game.
Strictly talking about Bentegodi, leave the so called parterre (lowest level) and tribune (highest level) to the people who want to watch nothing, because nothing is what you will see if you buy a ticket in those levels. Surely not the pitch at least. You can choose between poltronissime (cost 99 euro) and poltrone numerate (cost 49). I don't need to tell you which one is better, but it's also ****ing expensive! Do not choose the poltronissime which are behind the goals and have the curve on the upper levels!!
http://www.hellasverona.it/documents/MappastadioBentegodi2014.pdf

·
Registered
16,826 Posts
Why are the tickets so expensive? Doesn't have serie a have trouble filling stadiums? Anyway, rossonero3 Verona sounds like a great city to watch a game in and visit!

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
Yeah, I would never again consider watching a game in the away sector...not only are there shitheads, but you will be treated like shit by everybody, watching from the worst section. Really not worth it.

If it's a unique experience for you, just pay up and get a good seat. Bentegodi is rather awful but Verona is a very nice town. Remember to buy tickets to the east side, the pitch is much closer than on the west side. "Poltrone numerate est" would be my choice, you will actually get a good view.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice all - I read your posts before going to the match and decided to sit in the poltronissime section. It was really easy to buy tickets - on the morning of the match, I walked to the stadium from the center of Verona (Piazza Bra, near the Arena) and purchased the tickets from the biglietteria. Kafka is right, Verona is actually a very nice town to visit.

In the evening, I took a bus from the center of town to the stadium. The outside of the Bentegodi was packed with both Chievo and Milan fans. The stadium had pretty low security - I did not go through any metal detectors or anything. This may be because my entry point was only for fans sitting in the poltronissime section - maybe the city doesn't expect any troublemakers there.

I saw firsthand why Italian stadiums are antiquated. There was way too much distance from my seat to the field - and I was sitting in the best section, right on the halfway line. And the seats were not very comfortable. A small 20,000 seat stadium would be ideal for Chievo (the Bentegodi now can hold close to 40,000).

I still had an excellent experience attending my first Serie A match, though. I was sitting between an older Clivensi couple (the woman knew all the players names and couldn't stop bashing Massimo Gobbi and insulting the referee, Rocchi) and a Milanista father and son duo from Vicenza. The match itself was very entertaining - nice goals from Kucka and Niang as well as a great free kick from Birsa (the Milanista next to me predicted the Chievo goal, saying "ora Birsa segna il gol del ex").

Hopefully I can go to San Siro for my next Milan experience. But overall, my experience attending an away match was really good! Granted, the match was against Chievo - probably one of the least hostile environments for visitors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts