Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think something should be done about as a AZ fan we went out because Betis scored in Extra time it is not right something should be done. :depress: :sigh:
 

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
Joined
·
40,147 Posts
Sorry, but this is false. Betis won 2-0 in Sevilla. Today, AZ won 2-0 in the 90 minutes. Betis scored in the extra time and the final result was 2-1. 3-2 on aggregate. No away goal rule here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are right but it was scored in extra time that is not right it means Betis have a extra 30mins to get a away goal that is not fair.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38,252 Posts
I also think the away goal rule is stupid.

Just play football the normal way, whoever scores more goals will win.
 

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Joined
·
63,337 Posts
henryrules said:
You are right but it was scored in extra time that is not right it means Betis have a extra 30mins to get a away goal that is not fair.

you had 30 minutes to score at home, that seems an advantage to me ;)
 

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Joined
·
63,337 Posts
L-Pheno said:
I also think the away goal rule is stupid.

Just play football the normal way, whoever scores more goals will win.

yeah but then teams just come away and don't even bother trying to score, 0-0 away from home will be the order of the day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
But you know with that even if we scored all Betis would need is still 1 goal.
 

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
Joined
·
40,147 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
yeah but then teams just come away and don't even bother trying to score, 0-0 away from home will be the order of the day.
Exactly. The away goal rule promotes attacking football in the visitor teams and gives extra excitement. I think it's perfect. Otherwise, we'd see draws, extra times and penalties very often.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69,732 Posts
This is not against the away goal rule. It´s against the away goal rule in the extra-time, which it´s an advantage to the visitors in the 2nd leg.
 

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
Joined
·
40,147 Posts
GICA said:
This is not against the away goal rule. It´s against the away goal rule in the extra-time, which it´s an advantage to the visitors in the 2nd leg.
Yeah, you may be right in this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
585 Posts
There's an away goals rule because it is supposed to be an advantage to play at home. So another way of looking at it, as jern said, is that the home team plays at home for an extra half hr. So in a way it is they who has the advantage.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69,732 Posts
That excuse of playing at home the 2nd leg doesn´t work to me, but for UEFA and rest of federations seems valid I guess.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
585 Posts
I am not talking about playing at home 2nd leg but playing at home for an extra half hr. PLaying at home is an advantage, not a disadvantage due to the away goals rule. A team playing at home should be trying to win not limit its damages.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
23,575 Posts
FiveMagics said:
Copaliberwhatever did not have an away goals rule and everything went to penalties.

If it is not broken dont fix it.
how did end last years champions cup and libertadores, let me help you Libertadores did not end in penalties.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69,732 Posts
gluck28 said:
I am not talking about playing at home 2nd leg but playing at home for an extra half hr. PLaying at home is an advantage, not a disadvantage due to the away goals rule. A team playing at home should be trying to win not limit its damages.
Look, playing at home the 2nd leg is an advantage. But it´s an advantage due to: luck (I mean simply luck in a draw) or privileges (like being 1st placed in a previous group stage).
I think this is a subjective advantage.

The away goals rule in extra-time is an advantage for the visitors without a solid reason and it affects directly on the score; it´s an objective advantage.

The subjective advantage, it´s only a supposed advantage. The objective one affects on the result; it affects so much that a team have 30 minutes extra to score a "double goal" and the other team don´t. I mean the difference is clear: it´s not the same kind of advantage to play at home (which uses to be an advantage) than to score goals of a double value in the extra-time (which it´s a much bigger advantage).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,343 Posts
L-Pheno said:
I also think the away goal rule is stupid.

Just play football the normal way, whoever scores more goals will win.

Ya its true also :thumbsup:
 
1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Top