Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

At which matches in Greece, first and second level, are away fans banned?

Also, what's the most passionate game where away fans are allowed?

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
You will rarely see away fans involving any of the following teams;

AEK, Aris, Iraklis, Olympiakos, PAOK, Panathinaikos.

Sad but true these days. This is basically the biggest derby's of Greece. It seems there's trouble even when there are no away fans. For instance, earlier this season in the Iraklis-Aris Thessaloniki derby, there were NO Aris fans at Iraklis and we still had major issues.

0XsjpEdDJao

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks, for example, when I want to visit a derby where away fans are allowed, which one would you recommend?

It's very sad away fans aren't allowed anymore, it's quite an important aspect of the game for me. Also here in Holland they're starting with it, even at the 2nd level, while our troubles are nothing compared to yours...

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Aaah, Icarus is right.

The only derby that you can go is Ergotelis-OFI (probably) or just try visiting a match were the local teams faces the teams listed above plus Larisa (except Iraklis).

The only matches that allow visitor fans are those that take place in the "small" teams, like Pantrakikos.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, for example I saw a picture-report of Kavala-PAOK where over 50% of the stadium was filled with PAOK fans but I guess Kavala doesn't have real fanatic fans?

http://www.frank-jasperneite.de/jahr2009/KavPao131209.htm

A mate and me would like to visit some games in Greece and perhaps Cyprus because of the passionate fans but without away fans it's of course less fun.

Also Iraklis-Panathinaikos back then, last year december, was with away fans...

http://www.frank-jasperneite.de/jahr2009/IraPan121209.htm

However, the problem is, how do we find out which games are with away fans, logically the Athens derbies and Thessalonika derbies are without, but how between for example Aris-AEK, Iraklis-Olympiakos, Panathinaikos-PAOK etc?
Are there specific rules or can this be found anywhere?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts