Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An interesting dilemma for Santander's keeper. Valencia are very interested in Dudu especially since he has an EU-Passport. But in case he signs he will be in direct competition for the #1 jersey with Santiago Canizares. The Spanish International is one of the best keepers in La Liga and the world and it will be very hard to put him out of the starting lineup (although it happened a few times before). What would you do if you were Aouate? I mean he is much better then some starting keepers for other spanish teams, on the other hand Valencia is a huge club and this could be a chance of a lifetime...

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
he should relax and wait til the summer. Ofcourse Valencia is a very big club and playing for Valencia is a huge accomplishment, but I wouldn't rush things. Since he is an EU citizens he'll probably get some offers from other European countries. He can be starting keeper for some big clubs, and Valencia is a big club with a very good keeper, like Raanan said Canizares is one of the best keepers currently and it won't be easy to take his spot in the starting 11. I think he should wait and see what kind of offers come from different countries and see from there, because there are plenty of big name clubs which currently seek a good consistent keeper like Awat.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Ok, so if they sign him for like 5 years....than i dont think he should go.
But if they sign him for 1 or 2 years..than yea..

cause Valencia might be the ticket to other big teams. I still think he should wait. You dont want to compete with a great GK, so its best to hold the horses for now and let things settle down before you actually go and sign with Valencia. The summer should be really exciting for Dudu, since he may get alot of offers.

But if this is a reason why Racing lost 2-1 today, than Mr. Dudu is not impressing no one...

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
The goalkeeper position is a very delicate one. Normally you seek to reach a big club, but in keeping postion sometimes this is not what it takes to be the best. Awat is in Santander, since his team is not a big club and has a weak defense he gets to show his potential. And he caught Valencia´s intrest that way. If he goes to be the substitute of Canizares it is not worthy IMO. Like evryone said here he should wait the summer and see what offers does he have and think in a calm manner. Today he is the captain of Santander and he could make history over there.

·
Registered
947 Posts
i wouldn't go to valencia because the risk is to high that i would be the reserve keeper of canizares !

i would wait for some other offers for now.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
The offers will be big for this guy.
Alot of things will move by the end of the season. Deportivo has always shown intrest in him.

And no one says that he should stick in Spain. He can easily be a great GK in France or England.
The thing that made him stand out vs. the other foreign GK is that he is has a EU passport... so that is good....

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Awat, in net...just beat Valencia 2-1...
And Valencia wants to use him as a 2nd option in the GK next season./

**** them...
First beat him and then talk about making him 2nd...

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
he stopped a penalty as well, but unfortnantly the rebound was put in the net. for some reason he's so good at stopping penaltys! even Ronaldinho's

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
ירוק OLE! said:
he stopped a penalty as well, but unfortnantly the rebound was put in the net. for some reason he's so good at stopping penaltys! even Ronaldinho's

Indeed....
and we all know La Liga is famous for penalties and shootouts :D
so he is an asset...

Valencia should be serious next time they negotiate with em

1 - 11 of 11 Posts