Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title suggests, who do you guys think deserve to be hailed as Inter's player of the season? I originally wanted to make it a vote, but i felt that with several categories available, making it a vote would mean several threads for each category.

As you can see, i have shortlisted possible candidates for each category, but you don't have to vote for them, you can choose your own. This is especially true for the best goals. As i cannot remember so many, i have listed 5 possible ones from the back of my head. Feel free to vote for your own personal fave!

So vote on guys!

Player of the year:

a) Christian Vieri
b) Francesco Toldo
c) Ivan Cordoba
d) Marco Materazzi
e) Javier Zanetti
f) Other (Please specify)

Young player of the year:

a) Emre Belozoglu
b) Stephane Dalmat
c) Mohamed Kallon
d) Nicola Ventola
e) Gonzalo Sorondo

Game of the year:

a) Verona (home)
b) Milan (away)
c) Juventus (home)
d) Roma (home)
e) Roma (away)

Goal of the year:

a) Alvaro Recoba vs Roma (home)
b) Ronaldo's 2nd gol vs Brescia (home)
c) Seedorf's 2nd gol vs Juventus (home)
d) Dalmat vs Chievo (away)
e) Vieri's 3rd gol vs Ipswich (home)

Transfer of the year:

a) Marco Materazzi from Perugia
b) Francesco Toldo from Fiorentina
c) Cristiano Zanetti from Roma
d) Emre Belozoglu from Galatasaray
e) Mohamed Kallon from Vicenza

So that's it, keep the votes coming!

Ciao,
Tim

·
Registered
920 Posts
Player of the year:

e) Javier Zanetti

c) Mohamed Kallon

Game of the year:

d) Roma (home)

Goal of the year:

Transfer of the year:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Player of the year:

a) Christian Vieri

b) Stephane Dalmat

Game of the year:

d) Roma (home)

Goal of the year:

Transfer of the year:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Player of the Year: S.Dalmat (followed by Cordoba)

Young player of the year: S.Dalmat (Kallon + Emre very tight)

Game of the Year: Inter-Roma 3-1

Goal of the Year: Alvaro Recoba´s stunning 3-1 free kick against Roma (Also Ronaldo´s delightful set piece against Piacenza)

Transfer of the Year: Francesco Toldo

Suggestion:

Shouldn´t u have a best goal keeper, best defender etc categories... biggest miss etc.... come on man, fill them up ;P

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Player of the year:

a) Christian Vieri - Cordoba, Toldo, Javier...i could pick anyone of these, but i vote for Vieri...he has been my favourite since he was born ;) , but i didnt choose him, because of that...he has just made so many important goals for us.:proud:

d) Nicola Ventola - This category is hard...Emre has been good, Dalmat has been awesome, but they didnt played so much in this season...so i dont choose them. Kallon was our saviour in first games of the season, then when Ronnie and Vieri were injured...Ventola scored many important goals for us...for example that away goal against Valencia (Spanish champions) :proud: ..so my vote goes to Ventola.

Game of the year:

d) Roma (home) - i dont have to explain this i think.:)

Goal of the year:

c) Seedorf's 2nd gol vs Juventus (home)..that was simply amazing goal!!!!!!

Transfer of the year:

f) Other (Please specify): Hector Cúper from Valencia..we didnt win anything, but that is not important...last season we were crap and this was just he´s first season with us..and we almost won Lo Scudetto..simply amazing coach!!!:proud:

Ciao,
Tommi

·
Registered
920 Posts
interfan9 said:
Player of the Year: S.Dalmat (followed by Cordoba)

DALMAT?????????????????????????????? :D :D :D

Did u see any Inter's game this year or did u read about our team??????????

How can you say Dalmat was our best player?????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :D

·
Registered
5,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
interfan9 said:
Shouldn´t u have a best goal keeper, best defender etc categories... biggest miss etc.... come on man, fill them up ;P
And while we're at it, let's have best youth team categories too, plus best fan decoration, most green pitch of the season and also most handsome player of the year? Wait, how about most beautiful wife of the season? :rolleyes:

Ciao,
Tim

·
Registered
978 Posts
Player of the Year- Christian Vieri

Young Player of the Year-Mohamed Kallon

Game of the Year- vs Roma(H) 3-1

Goal of the Year-Seedorf's 2nd one vs Juve(H)

Transfer of the Year-well if managers qualify for his category then no doubt it would be Hector Cuper and as for players-Toldo

·
Registered
5,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Player of the year:

This would be a tough call. The 5 on that list are my personal calls for best players, but to pick one would be hard. But at the end of the day, i'd have to say that Christian Vieri is our player of the year. Without his gol charge when he came from his injury, we wouldn't be in this position right now.

No doubt about this, it has to be Mohamed Kallon for me. Although he hasn't showed consistency to score in the latter part of the season, but he heasn't got much chance either. His gols at the earlier parts of the season has pushed Inter to the top position, and one can say that Bobo took over from there after his injury. ;)

Game of the year:

The best game i have watched this year so far has definitely got to be against Roma at home. The tensions and nervousness leading up to the match ended in pure euphoria and happiness. Recoba's free kick basicaly sealed the game for me, and that gol must have made every black & blue house in the world to vibrate to the shouts of "GOL!!!!" :D

Goal of the year:

Discounting gols that are purely great because of the happiness they brought in me, i have to say that Dalmat's gol against Chievo was one of the best i have ever seen. He just shot it with ease, and yet it took a wicked swerve enough to cause Lupatelli to stand rooted. Excellent. :)

Transfer of the year:

I would have gone for Hector Cuper, but i'm sticking to the players. With that, i would go for Francesco Toldo. He has been a man mountain at the back of the defence, and has showed us all what it is like to have a really great keeper leading from the backline once again.

Ciao,
Tim

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
i will vote later...but tim, i have a question...i think games like INTER-ipswich (UEFA cup) and Valencia-INTER (UEFA cup) were also great games and should be considered as games of the year... :)

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
Player of the year:

Javier Zanetti - With his leadership and ability of being the most consistent player in the world, I have after this season rated him as the best player in the world. Hence why he takes this award easily. He is perfection himself where he is awesome defensive and offensively. A true Inter player that any football lover adores watching!

Mohamed Kallon - He stepped up when we needed a goalscorer the most and became one of our most important players at the start of the season. He replaced both Vieri and Ronaldo as that topscorer and amazed everyone. Sadly not consistent enough to keep that high level throghout the whole season.

Game of the year:

Roma (home) - There´s not much to comment about this. It was an amazing match that consisted of everything.

Goal of the year:

Other (Please specify) - Here I would pick Seedorf´s first goal against Juve, where he used his left foot which is his wrong foot. That itself makes this goal more magical.

Transfer of the year:

Francesco Toldo from Fiorentina - The best keeper in the world brought us the comforting skills that we needed and have lacked for years. He has it all, and became fastly my favourite keeper in the whole world, right now.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Player of the year:
e) Javier Zanetti

c) Mohamed Kallon

Game of the year:
d) Roma (home)

Goal of the year:

Transfer of the year:
b) Francesco Toldo from Fiorentina

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Player of the Year

As i have said for years now and good to see others r finally agreeing. The best player at INTER and the best player in the world...Javier Zanetti. All the commentators at RAi keep saying this is his best year by far in Italy. That is not true, its just that they have noticed him finally because INTER are at the top of the standing. I would dear say the 98/99 season when he was theonlyy person at INTER who remembered toplay football was his best year at INTER.

What a player. The most consistent playyer in history....JAVIER ZANETTI!!!!!!!

Best Defender

Ivan Ramiro Cordoba, just like Zanetti this man has always been one of the worlds top defenders for me. Its just that now he gets a lotta attention simply because we are agaian a top team. He is a fantastic defender. yes he does indeed over rely on his pace which will probably see him becom ea mediocre defender in his older years but......he's an outrageous play now in his prime. FORZA CORDOBA!!!!! Whenever he was missing this season his absence was surely missed.

Best Midfielder

I'd have to say Recoba, His class when he returned to the line up was undoubted. He brought new levels of class to INTER. Some may say his best performances came as a striker. I DOUBT IT GUYS!!!!!! His class was evident at all times. And he only played one game as a striker where he played that well. ALl his other great games came as a winger. Like the game away to Lecce for example. He was outrageously good. Away to Perugia.....CLASS!!!!

And while this may be alittle unfair i must compliment him on being the only big name to play like man at Lazio. No matter what we say abt Ronaldo and Vieri Recoba proved on Sunday that he is ten times more mature and in love with INTER than either the two of them. When Recoba is on the field nowadays he is so much more mature. Sure he still leaves alot to be desired at times like his game against Milan was totally unsatisfactory :(:(:( But........his consistency is coming back. Back to teh great days of 99-2000 when Lippi turned him into one of teh worlds top 10 players no doubt. I think he's almost back to that level.

I hope he has a good world cup all INTERplayers deserve it.

Best striker

Vieri.....nuff said. Yes Trezegol is fast becoming the world's best striker but....Vieri for me is still number one esp. without Batigol around. So.....nuff respect to Vieri who on many occasions was all up front along marked by ten defenders and still managed to score 21 goals to bring us within 3 points of the scudetto. Grazie Vieri. next season he's have a bit more help.

Oh yeah.....and he actually stayed fit this season. Impressed. Gues sthat means he'll be injured half of next season

Best transfer

C.Zanetti. No doubt for me. Made our midfield look tten times better than it really is. The prototype of the modern midfielder. Attack minded and sound in defence with the ability to dribble and make key passes either along the ground or in the air. Fantastic young player who was at INTER from the beginning. Its ana honour to have him in our starting line up.

I remember watching him always be in the shadow of Baronio Ambrosini and Gattuso as he grew up. Now he starts for Italy. And only Gattuso of that group plays as often as he does. A true INTER player.....while from his statements at times we can see that he still harbours a bit of resentment for those two years we sent him to Roma. For me he still feels like one of us.

FORZA C.Zanetti!!!!!!!!!

Best young player

For me its a tie between C.Z. and Dalmat

No questions about Dalmat. I bet my left testicle that had Dalmat not been injured and had INTER made the Uefa cup final Dalmat would be dawning the French jersey this summer.

Its up to him u know. He could so easily be twice the player Zidane is by the time he reaches that age. But its up to him. Whether he wants to be always an inconsistent overly ttalented player like Seedorf or an all time great. Right now as a 23 year he flashes of brilliance are sufficient but he needs more.

anyway FORZA DALMAT and he too can hold his head high after his game in Rome.

Most Promising player

EMRE Belozoglu

What aplayer this man is. Some of his games were absolutely mind boggling. His clas sis unquestionabl the way he carries the ball he is an outrageously good player. His chronic shortcomings due to his size can't be changed but if this man were 5 inches ttaller and 15 pounds heavier he would be one of the top 10 players in the world now.

But i don't think that can stop him. Look at Diego he was short and just as muscular as Emre so who knows. I have noticed this season watching the Champions league that Turkey have so outrageous players all over Europe from Basturk to that other Emre who plays in Turkey OUTRAGEOUS PLAYERS!!!!! And for me....Emre is simply the greatest of them.

FORZA EMRE!!!!! He could me a starter u know he has the ability surely.

Best game

Roma for obvious reasons. That was the closes we came to playing our full line up this season. Dalmat Recoba Vieri C.Z. J.Z. blah blah. THAt was the real INTER not those pu$$iez who took the field on SUnday

Questa INTER di vero l'INTER

Goal of the season

I know u guys rn't gonna believe this is TAZZ saying this but....R9's goal against Verona was a key moment for me because it signalled the greatness of INTER is still a plausible dream. No matter how shallow it sounds guys....iu gotta understand.....Probably only Bayenr Munich Valencia and Juventus can stand against INTER with this attacking trio. Recoba and Vieri have always been great but now we add Ronaldo to it. And i see no one standing against us when we are playing like men save those 3 teams mentioned before

Toldo's game of the season

VALENCIA!!!!! :D:D Must be mentioned

Cuper still is not vindicated though cos he left and Valencia won even if his new team kicked his old team's ass

FORZA INTER guys

ciao

·
Registered
552 Posts
Though I haven't much of Inter's games this season, I was able to catch some of them as some friend's sent me some recorded tapes. So therefore, I am gonna vote as well

Player of the year:
A close tie between our captain (J. Zanetti) and Toldo

Emre & Christiano Zanetti (CZ plays like El Diablo himself)

Game of the year:
Roma game (home). I managed to watch a recorded tape of this game.

Goal of the year:
Recoba's out of this world freekick against Roma

Transfer of the year:
Toldo, Chirstiano Zanetti & Emre

·
Registered
321 Posts
Oh... your right sigge... I thought it was young player..

Player of the year: without doubt il Capitano Javier Zanetti... Cordoba, and Vieri... I mean, it would have been ****in awsome if his tap ins had won us the scudetto...

S.Dalmat is a rising star... he should be playing from the start more often... excellent prospect

·
Registered
181 Posts
Player of the Year
J.Zanetti

Best Defender
Ivan Ramiro Cordoba

Best Midfielder
C.Zanetti

Best striker
Vieri

Best transfer
C.Zanetti

Best young player
Dalmat/Emre

Most Promising player
EMRE

Goal of the season
Seedorf's against Juventus

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Javier Zanetti

There is no doubt our captain played great almost every single game of the season,maybe except the last one...:( But anyway,with him in such competition,no one could really challenge him.However if I could add the second place and third place,I would choose Toldo as second.Cuz he has been our saviour a lot of times this season!He showed why in most of the fans' heart the best keeper in Italy,even not by trap!:mad: The third will be Cordoba!He had another great season!He is surely the best 5 defenders in the world for sure for his PACE and acuracy of tackling!Did u see vs Lazio in the second half when S.Inzaghi was through on goal and Cordoba was way far from him and finally he could actually caught Inzaghi and tackle the ball in the last moment!INCREDIBLE!!!!!!Really this season we have many players who played so well,Bobo would be my 4th choice!4TH CHOICE ONLY!!:eek: He saved us a lot of times by his great scoring touch!He deserved the 4th place!:D But frankly,all 4 of them were really great and it's hard to say who's the best,but my heart made my type Javier Zanetti!!:D:) FORZA JAVIER!!!

BEST DEFENDER: Ivan Cordoba

No competition at all!He was the most impressive one throughout the season!As I said he is the best 5 defenders in the world IMO,his pace is unbelievable and I hardly think of anyone who could be as fast as him as a defender!This advantage covered many time his lost of position!Materazzi was very good too but not as impressive as Cordoba!NO NESTA PLEASE!!Mata-Cordoba next seasonS!!!!!!!

BEST MIDFIELDER: Christiano Zanetti

He showed his promise!Restless energy,great anticipation,holding up the ball and good passing!In the second half of the season he even erased his bad habit of unnessary yellow card!He will be a key midfielder for us for years to come,hopefully!

BEST STRIKER: Christian Vieri

No competition for this one!He has shown to everyone (except 009 :D ) that he is the best striker in Italy!He even become a lot more hard-working than ever b4!His class has been shown in many occasions!I hope he could remain with us next season too!

BEST TRANSFER: Francesco Toldo from Fiorentina

I hardly remember a bad match from him this season!And many superb performance like vs Valencia!He is surely the best keeper at Inter in recent years after Pagliuca,all due respect to Peruzzi!He will be a key of our success in the nest few years!

BEST YOUNG PLAYER: Mohamed Kallon

His contribution in the first part of the season with Bobo and R9 are sidelined was significant!And his heart to this club has also earned a lot of support from us!Unfortunately in the second half of the season he suddenly deterioate,but still,best young player to me this season!

MOST PROMISING PLAYER: Stephane Dalmat

His potential has been shown long ago and this season due to injury,he has few occasions to shine,however like the match at Lecce and Lazio,he showed he could well be the next superstar with his ability to take on defenders and great pace!Give him a injury free regular season he will be regonise by the world how great he is!

GAME OF THE SEASON: Inter 3-1 Roma

No competition either!In this match we dominated Roma!Also with the brilliance of individual skills of Recoba!Seized the opportunity we have and simply a perfect game,it would be really perfect if we win the scudetto!:( Also the first leg when we drew 0-0 we also played very well,it is my second best match of the season as in this match we showed great confidence over Roma and could really win it if Bobo's header didnt hit the bar!

GOAL OF THE SEASON: Seedorf's second goal vs Juventus

This was a stunning goal for sure!Unfortunately this goal could be a significant one if we didnt lose the scudetto!Really a cracker!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Player of the year: b) Francesco Toldo

Young player of the year: c) Mohamed Kallon

Game of the year: b) Milan (away)

Goal of the year: c) Seedorf's 2nd gol vs Juventus (home)

Transfer of the year: a) Marco Materazzi from Perugia

The Worst player of the year ---- GRESKO !!!:( :devil: :mad:

FORZA INTERNAZIONALE

We will be BACK

·
Registered
770 Posts
Player of the year:

e) Javier Zanetti

c) Mohamed Kallon

Game of the year: