Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THis is good news :)

Maybe he can turn the Czech NT for 2012 and bring them some stardom...a very pro-Israeli country and a lovely country in general..been there twice, although my passport says 8 times....go figure.... half of my friends think one of my nationalities is Czech!

Avram Grant has been approached by the Czech Republic Football Association with a view to taking over as national team manager.

The Czechs sacked former coach Petr Rada and all of his coaching staff after disappointing results in the World Cup qualifying campaign this term.

The team currently sit fourth in Group Three with eight points from six games and five points behind leaders Northern Ireland.

The decision to offer the former Chelsea boss the job has caused mixed reaction from Czechs with many believing the job should not go to a foreign coach.

"I can confirm this information, we have spoken with a person who officially represents Mr Grant," Czech FA vice-president Jaroslav Vacek said.

Despite their recent poor form Vacek believes that the job is still an attractive proposition to candidates.

"We still hear how the team degenerated, but it does have its quality and the new coach, if he succeeds, can make a good name by that," he added.

Former England head coach Sven Goran Eriksson has also seen his name linked to the post after he was sacked from his position with Mexico last month.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
This is certainly good news. Grant hasn´t coached since his Chelsea departure, but time after time has received offers. Portsmouth, Newcastle, Twente, Hajduk Split, Maccabi Tel Aviv and even some rumours regarding his return to the Israeli NT were some of the rumours during this period.
Now comes the Czech NT job which IMO seems to be very good one. Eriksson is more experienced and have a bit more history, but recent results with England and Mexico weren´t satisfactory and this could give the upperhand for Grant.
It will malke Israeli coach reputation very good! Hope he gets it!
The truth is in this moment i prefer Grant in command of Israeli NT than Kashtan and Luzon said he could return.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I prefer to get Shum and let him have a chance...
why not Itzhak>

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well after giving up on Sahar for Benayoun in Crete...yea..i agree with you bozo

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Grant is the best option for now. Because we have some promising coach like Roni Levi, Reuven Atar and co. but the truth is that they aren´t ready to take the pressure of the NT. Hope i am wrong though.
Shum would be an intresting option, but i am not so sure after having the recent memory of Beitar crumbling in Poland against Wisla.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts