Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
13,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Best super-hero movie ever?

Biggest worldwide opening with $640,521,291 and many other records shattered. It peaked at 9th place in the IMDB Top 250 and is now at 11th.

Anyone else seen it?

·
Registered
13,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Actually it's 3rd place now in the All-Time IMDB ranking :googly: Wow!

·
Administrator
52,841 Posts
It truly is amazing spectacle, don't think they will ever top this.

Maybe they can if they keep hiring the Russo brothers. They behind Captain America civil war and now infinity war, give gravitas to this genre with their writing and directing. Unashamedly 100 procent Comic Book feel to Infinity war in all of its exaggerated silliness, spot on adapting.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: pele10brazil

·
Registered
13,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They really built this up to perfection.

Make a shitload of movies with epic feeling and constructing fan favourites, and then put them all into one movie with a universal plot? Of course it was gonna be a massive success.
@Osman Not sure if I agree with them not ever toping this. Infinity Wars 2 has everything set up for it to be a master piece of the genre.

What do you think of Thanos? The Black Death on a cosmic scale :proud:

·
Administrator
52,841 Posts
Thanos was the main character of the movie, and he was perfectly potrayed, litterally how he is in the comics, they actually bothered to give him a fleshed out character a bit.

2nd infinity war will focus more on the avengers, this was defenitely Thanos ride.

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,494 Posts
Overrated!

Cotton candy crap movie!

[tub]394jYH82s2o[/tub]
The mother of all Superhero films, it will never be topped!

·
Registered
23,876 Posts
It is well crafted, making what i think is a fairly bad story into something watchable. Thanos is IMO not a very interesting character and in a story with time and reality bending powers. But they made some interesting fights, although all drama fell flat for me. The big horde battle was the worst, but the other ones was good.

Props to Thor, Spider-Man on the other hand is missused

·
Registered
13,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, Thor was the MVP for me. I'm just pissed the chick fight from Wakanda was the one nominated for Best Fight of the Year at the MTV Movie Awards. I hope Thor vs Hulk from Ragnarok wins it.

·
Registered
13,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
13,947 Posts
It was a couple of hours of mindless entertainment that my wife wanted to watch. We watched in 3D :D.

Yes, I think Thanos was more complex than your average villain so that was good. Having all the different characters in was pretty cool also.

Without giving any spoilers, I told my wife...."You didn't think you were going to get a full movie with one ticket did you?":D I'll watch the next one also just because....

·
Registered
32,061 Posts
Going to watch this tomorrow. Any articles or Youtube vids I could check out beforehand? Havent watched a Marvel film probably since the first Iron Man and not familiar with the comic books either, unfortunately.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts