Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Belgium, Bosnia, Hungary, Switzerland, Norway, Ireland, Slovenia, even Poland and Bulgaria are on our level.
You asked for it not to be discussed in the other thread which I respect, but I still want to answer so I can take away your illusions :pp ;) :D.

Being on the same level doesn't mean beating a team in one particular game, that would be too easy to achieve and can't be a measurement. To have a bit better measurement I will take best-of-5-series here (meaning you need to win three out of five matches against an opponent to be considered better).

You can't beat Belgium in such a series for sure, they have a better squad. You were on the same level as them in 1998 but you dropped more than them. There defence is way too good for Austria.

Bosnia has a much better midfield and attack than Austria so no chance in a best-of-5-series.

Hungary has a better midfield than Austria by far but I will give you a chance to beat them in such a series. Would be close so I accept them being on your level.

Swizerland must have been a joke by you so I will take it as one ;). They are two levels above you minimum...

Norway is definitely way too strong for you as well. They almost qualified to the EC which is impossible for this Austrian team, no matter what group you had put them into.

Ireland is too strong for Austria, no way you can expect to win 3/5.

Slovenia is on your level.

Poland is slightly better than you. You can win one game but not 3.

Last but not least Bulgaria which is stronger in almost every position.

So from all the teams you mentioned I can only agree to two of them being on your level: Hungary and Slovenia. And both are weak European teams!!!

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
but football is not a nhl-playoff.
you don't need to win 3 out of 5.

i've never said austria have a good team but given the population of roughly 8 million it's no big surprise, considering the "talent pool".
obviously it's easier to get a better generation (and players) out of a population of 80 million like germany.
and it's not that germany have anywhere near the young talent portugal have, so what are you trying to prove here?
out of you starting XI only frings would start in any of the REAL european top clubs, ballack obviously does already.
with lahm and mertesacker might get there in 2 years from now.
what has podolski done last season? or klose?
the german bundesliga with the sole exception of bayern is a no-nothing league compared to spain, italy and england... even falling behind france soon if you listen to hoeness moaning about their tv-income.
however, this thread is not about germany so i'll leave it at that.

BUT, austria have a young team and it seems they are motivated to their teeth aswell.
in the last 10-15 years austria paid for not building decent youth-facilites and focus on developing own talent but last year our youth squad impressingly finished 4th at the U-20 world cup in canada.
that's quite an achievment.
from that team prödl (next season at werder) and hoffer are in the current national side.
in the current U-21 qualification they top the group with 5 wins and 2 draws out of 7 games.
if they go out there now and give their everything i'm be pleased, no matter a loss.
nobody is expecting them to play like brazil 1970...

P.S
ich bin auch nicht wirklich patriot oder blind, was die stärke der mannschaft im internationalen vergleich betrifft, aber lass die kirche im dorf... ;)

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but football is not a nhl-playoff.
you don't need to win 3 out of 5.
It is not about needing to win to advance in a competition but it was to compare the strength of certain teams which you cannot do based on a single game!!!

Come to the German forum and write the same paragraph and I will discuss it with you, here it not the right place :).

BUT, austria have a young team and it seems they are motivated to their teeth aswell.
in the last 10-15 years austria paid for not building decent youth-facilites and focus on developing own talent but last year our youth squad impressingly finished 4th at the U-20 world cup in canada.
that's quite an achievment.
from that team prödl (next season at werder) and hoffer are in the current national side.
in the current U-21 qualification they top the group with 5 wins and 2 draws out of 7 games.
if they go out there now and give their everything i'm be pleased, no matter a loss.
nobody is expecting them to play like brazil 1970...
It was about the comparison with the mentioned teams by Viola and what I think about that comparison you can read above ;). And the 80 million or 8 million is no argument because we are not comparing that but the football teams and with all respect but nobody in UEFA cares if you have 8 million or 800 million people, the competition is as it is... :D

P.S
ich bin auch nicht wirklich patriot oder blind, was die stärke der mannschaft im internationalen vergleich betrifft, aber lass die kirche im dorf... ;)
Ich finde meine Erkläungen oben durchaus gut begründet. Österreich ist kein durchschnittliches Team in Europa, sondern ein eher schlechtes. Wenn Du natürlich nur ein Stärkelevel von 1-3 hast, dann wäre es eine 2, weil Level 3 sowas wie San Marino ist, aber wenn wir schon von 1-5 ausgehen, dann ist Österreich nicht besser als 4...

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
You asked for it not to be discussed in the other thread which I respect, but I still want to answer so I can take away your illusions :pp ;) :D.

Being on the same level doesn't mean beating a team in one particular game, that would be too easy to achieve and can't be a measurement. To have a bit better measurement I will take best-of-5-series here (meaning you need to win three out of five matches against an opponent to be considered better).

You can't beat Belgium in such a series for sure, they have a better squad. You were on the same level as them in 1998 but you dropped more than them. There defence is way too good for Austria.

Bosnia has a much better midfield and attack than Austria so no chance in a best-of-5-series.

Hungary has a better midfield than Austria by far but I will give you a chance to beat them in such a series. Would be close so I accept them being on your level.

Swizerland must have been a joke by you so I will take it as one ;). They are two levels above you minimum...

Norway is definitely way too strong for you as well. They almost qualified to the EC which is impossible for this Austrian team, no matter what group you had put them into.

Ireland is too strong for Austria, no way you can expect to win 3/5.

Slovenia is on your level.

Poland is slightly better than you. You can win one game but not 3.

Last but not least Bulgaria which is stronger in almost every position.

So from all the teams you mentioned I can only agree to two of them being on your level: Hungary and Slovenia. And both are weak European teams!!!
Useless discussion.

I know more about Sachsenliga than you know about Austrian football, so you have no ability to compare Austrian football to other European nations. No disrespect here, but you should discuss Bayern or the German NT.

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
And I'm sorry if this sounded rude. No intention to do so, but some comments are really off this planet, like: "Ach ja, Österreich kann ja natürlich Kroatien oder Deutschland besiegen, so wie Albanien mal Brasilien besiegen kann."

Mal ganz ehrlich, empfindest du das als Oliver Pocher-Pseudohumor oder entgeht dir wirklich die grenzenlose Arroganz in so einer Aussage? Ich mag Deutschland, aber bei solchen Kommentaren bleibt echt nur Fassungslosigkeit.

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Useless discussion.

I know more about Sachsenliga than you know about Austrian football, so you have no ability to compare Austrian football to other European nations. No disrespect here, but you should discuss Bayern or the German NT.
You can think whatever you want to think but that comparison is ridiculous since you don't even know how much I know about Austrian football hence it makes no sense...

My comparison between the mentioned team and Austria and your comparison between them speaks for itself. So far everybody I asked agrees with my point of view. Maybe you should take off the pink glasses ;).

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And I'm sorry if this sounded rude. No intention to do so, but some comments are really off this planet, like: "Ach ja, Österreich kann ja natürlich Kroatien oder Deutschland besiegen, so wie Albanien mal Brasilien besiegen kann."

Mal ganz ehrlich, empfindest du das als Oliver Pocher-Pseudohumor oder entgeht dir wirklich die grenzenlose Arroganz in so einer Aussage? Ich mag Deutschland, aber bei solchen Kommentaren bleibt echt nur Fassungslosigkeit.
Das ist kein Humor, sondern einfach eine Tatsache und nein, ich fühle mich keineswegs angegriffen. Ich weiß ja auch, dass ich Recht habe. Wenn Du das als Arroganz abtust dann ist das Deine Sache, auch damit habe ich kein Problem. Deutschland und Brasilien sind in fußballerischer Stärke genauso nahe beieinander wie Albanien und Österreich, nämlich sehr nahe. Von daher ist meine Aussage absolut korrekt.

Du kannst weiterhin gerne Österreich für zu stark empfinden und Deutschland für zu schwach. Die Ergebnisse werden mich bestätigen und Dich beschämen ;). Zum Glück ist ja hier alles dokumentiert, so dass Du nicht im Nachhinein anders reden kannst :D :pp.

A

·
0 Posts
how mean! :(

but then you didn't count the homeplay advance yet :angel:

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ja, Heimvorteil wird sicherlich ein bißchen was bringen für euch.

·
Registered
469 Posts
out of you starting XI only frings would start in any of the REAL european top clubs, ballack obviously does already.
what has podolski done last season? or klose?
the german bundesliga with the sole exception of bayern is a no-nothing league compared to spain, italy and england... even falling behind france soon if you listen to hoeness moaning about their tv-income.
I am really sorry for disturbing your discussion, but you have written an utter rubbish. You probably don't read enough football newspapers to know that Lahm is today considered as one of the best left wingers in the world and such clubs as FC Barcelona have been interested in signing him. If Barca is not a REAL European team, then who is? (by the way, FC Bayern, where most of the players of German national team play, is a REAL European team).
Next: How can a person doubt about Klose's abilities - he is already now one of the most successful German strikers and yesterday's game against Poland once again proved his skills.
And your statistics about Bundesliga do not correspond to reality. How can France overcome Germany? Have you ever had a look at the UEFA club coefficients?

Ich entschuldige mich natürlich bei allen österreichischen Freunden, z.T. tendiere ich bei dieser EM am meisten zu Österreich, aber die Objektivität darf man nicht verlieren und ich kann überhaupt nicht nachvollziehen, woher solch ein Hass gegenüber dem deutschen Fußball kommt. Als objektiver Fußballfan muss man in der Lage sein, die Stärke der deutschen Nationalmannschaft zugeben zu können und die Qualitäten eines Klose oder Lahms nicht in Frage stellen. Ist ja vollkommen lächerlich zu behaupten, dass nur einer-zwei deutsche Spieler in europäischen Spitzenklubs spielen könnten..

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
i watch a lot of international football to judge the german league is NOT a top league apart from one single club... in my opinion.
season in season out german clubs get nowhere in uefa-cup or champions league...with the sole exception of bayern this year until they got hammered by zenit.

and i have heard about rumours of verious club beeing interested in lahm but he's still playing in germany for now.
that's why i said:
if he would start at barcelona, real madrid, man utd, inter, milan...i don't know.
he doesn't at the moment.
neither can i see schweinsteiger, klose, podolski etc. starting at any of those clubs.
if any of the managers at those clubs considered those players top-quality they would've bought them.
certainly money is not an issue.
not even bayern can resist offers from man utd. for long as proven by the transfers of hargreaves.

the french league already generates more tv-income than the german league.
uli hoeness himself complained about that multiple times in tv-shows.
watch out what happens in 2-3 years from now.

you can't tell me you've been seriously impressed by yesterdays display of the german nationalteam against poland.
even 2 years ago they advanced with a truckload of luck, riding the wave of euphoria combined by tactical mistakes of opponents( the argentina game specifically).
and what have klose and podolski done last season?

the current german team is nowhere near the 1990 or the 1996 team.
back then german players, rightfully, played for international top-teams.

P.S.
ich hasse weder deutschland, die deutschen noch den deutschen fussball.
glaubs oder nicht.
welche deutschen spieler würden denn deiner geschätzten, objektiven, meinung nach, eine führungsrolle bei internationalen top-vereinen spielen?
ich bleib bei ballack und frings... lahm und mertesacker in etwa 2 jahren.

·
Registered
469 Posts
i watch a lot of international football to judge the german league is NOT a top league apart from one single club... in my opinion.
season in season out german clubs get nowhere in uefa-cup or champions league...with the sole exception of bayern this year until they got hammered by zenit.

and i have heard about rumours of verious club beeing interested in lahm but he's still playing in germany for now.
that's why i said:

if he would start at barcelona, real madrid, man utd, inter, milan...i don't know.
he doesn't at the moment.
neither can i see schweinsteiger, klose, podolski etc. starting at any of those clubs.
if any of the managers at those clubs considered those players top-quality they would've bought them.
not even bayern can resist offers from man utd. for long as proven by the transfers of hargreaves.

the french league already generates more tv-income than the german league.
uli hoeness himself complained about that multiple times in tv-shows.
watch out what happens in 2-3 years from now.

you can't tell me you've been seriously impressed by yesterdays display of the german nationalteam against poland.
even 2 years ago they advanced with a truckload of luck, riding the wave of euphoria combined by tactical mistakes of opponents( the argentina game specifically).
Also du bist der Meinung, dass FC Bayern oder Werder Bremen (immerhin 5 Jahre hintereinander in der CL Endphase mit dabei) nicht zu den europäischen Spitezenklubs gehören? Wieso sollte ein Torsten Frings nach Italien oder Spanien umziehen, wenn er in Deutschland genug Geld verdient, bei einem Verein mit großen Ambitionen und international auf dem höhstmöglichen Niveau spielt? Wenn einer wie Ivanschitz Rapid Wien verlässt, um sich in Griechenland weiterzuentwickeln, ist es normal. Da aber FC Bayern München, im Gegensatz zu Rapid oder Austria, finanziell, historisch und rein vom Kader her zu den besten Clubs Europas gehört, müssen Lahm oder Klose nicht irgendwo anders kicken. Ob jemand im Ausland spielt oder in der heimischen Liga, ist deshalb in diesem Fall kein Maß für die Stärke des Fußballs im jeweiligen Land. Und das mit Frankreich - wen, bitte schön, interessieren die TV-Quoten? Selbst wenn deutsche Vereine schwach in Europa spielen (was ich auch zu bezweifeln wage, denn in der Saison 2007/08 haben sie nach England und Spanien die meisten Punkte bei der UEFA Koeffizentenliste geholt), dann spielen französische Clubs noch schwächer.
Und was das gestrige Spiel betrifft, vielleicht war es nicht die beste Leistung der Deutschen, aber mittlerweile haben sie gelernt, wie man klassisch siegen kann. Ich errinere mich an das Freundschaftspiel zw. Österreich und Deutschland - die Österreicher waren zwar klar überlegen, aber die Deutschen nutzten ihre Routine, um einen Sieg zu erlangen und sowas kennzeichnet eben eine tolle Mannschaft aus. Und übrigens, Deutschland ist bei der letzten WM dritter geworden und das heißt, dass dieses Land formell nach Italien und Frankreich die stärkste in der Welt ist. Ob Deutschland von den Jahren 90 oder 96 noch besser oder schlechter war, ist schwer zu urteilen, aber Fakt ist, dass die heutige Nationalmannschaft der Deutschen viel Respekt verdient..

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
es geht nicht um tv-quoten in frankreich sondern um tv-EINNAHMEN!
die teams haben mehr kohle und werden demnach in den nächsten jahren auch noch stärker werden.
dir ist vielleicht noch in erinnerung wie z.b. nancy letzte saison schalke erledigt hat.

warum frings nicht im ausland spielt, kann nur er selbst beantworten.
vielleicht will er mit 31 kein risiko mehr eingehen.
schade, denn ich hätte ihm in den grossen ligen sehr viel zugetraut.

werder ist super geführter club, hut ab vor allofs und schaaf, aber nicht auf augenhöhe mit den top-vereinen.
was hat werder in der champions league gerissen?
genau nix, so wie alle anderen deutschen vereine nix reissen.
das is die realität.

als ambitionierter, talentierter, fussballspieler kann es nur das ziel sein sich mit den besten zu messen und die spielen in england, spanien und italien.
auch wenn man schon beim, mit abstand, grössten verein deutschlands spielt.
selbst die bayern sind nie topfavoriten auf die champions league.
wohin gehen die stars?
nicht in die deutsche liga.
demnach ist das in meinen augen sehr wohl ein massstab für die stärke einer liga.
Und übrigens, Deutschland ist bei der letzten WM dritter geworden und das heißt, dass dieses Land formell nach Italien und Frankreich die stärkste in der Welt ist. Ob Deutschland von den Jahren 90 oder 96 noch besser oder schlechter war, ist schwer zu urteilen, aber Fakt ist, dass die heutige Nationalmannschaft der Deutschen viel Respekt verdient..
weil pekerman es für argentinien vercoacht hat.
die hatten ein team mit grossartigen spielern, wie man beim 6-0 gegen serbien gesehen hat.

z.b. die türken sind 2002 dritter geworden bei der WM...
was soll das für ein argument sein?
apropos türkei:
mittlerweile würd ich sogar sagen, dass fenerbahce (auch wenn galatasray heuer meister wurde) fast auf einer stufe mit bayern und über dem rest der deutschen vereine zu stellen ist.
natürlich nicht historisch aber von der qualität des kaders.
da spielen einige sehr gute kicker in der türkischen liga.

wie auch immer, willst im ernst behaupten die aktuellen spieler hätten die klasse eines matthäus, brehme, klinsmann, sammer, effenberg, kohler, helmer, möller, scholl, völler, illgner, köpke, riedle... ?
lächerlich.
aber du kannst gern dem deutschen fussball und der nationalmannschaft deinen respekt zollen.
jeder wie er meint.

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ich werde nicht nochmal alles wiederholen, denn Orkhan hat die meisten Punkte schon abgedeckt, aber 2 Dinge sind mir noch aufgefallen bei Deinem Beitrag. Erstens das mit Bayern, denn das ist wirklich Quatsch. Bayern hat Hargreaves verkauft weil das ein mehr oder weniger Durchschnittsspieler ist, der selten mal super gespielt hat und dafür mal eben 20+ Millionen war ein Supergeschäft für Bayern. In den letzten 10 Jahren! hat Bayern ganz genau 2 Spieler verloren, die sie halten wollten, nicht mehr und nicht weniger. Welcher Topclub kann das bitte von sich behaupten? Und die gingen auch noch beide ablösefrei, Bayern läßt sich NIE einen Spieler abkaufen, den sie wirklich halten wollen, das ist nunmal Fakt. Wenn jetzt irgendwer 50 Millionen für Ribery bietet, dann lehnt Bayern einfach mal ab, es interessiert sie nicht.

Das ist das Zweite. Erstens hat Klose nur in der Rückrunde schlecht gespielt und immerhin noch 18 Scorerpunkte gemacht. Das ist ja nunmal nicht sooo schlecht. Und zweitens geht es doch in der Hauptsache darum, wie die Spieler im Nationalteam spielen. Schau Dir Poldi an. Was interessiert es hier, wie er bei Bayern spielt? In der Nationalmannschaft ist er schlichtweg der effektivste Spieler WELTWEIT!!! Da kann kein Wayne Rooney oder Cristiano Ronaldo oder Fernando Torres oder sonstwer mithalten. Seine Quote ist die beste von allen Spielern in Europa. Also bitte jetzt nicht irgendwelche Stats bringen, wo einer mal 3 Tore in seinem einzigen Länderspiel gemacht hat ;) und auch nicht mit Asien vergleichen. Wenn man gegen die Malediven spielt, dann macht man eben mal 15 Tore in einem Spiel, gell Ali Daei :pp. Man kann sich darüber streiten, wie gut oder schlecht Podolski wirklich ist, aber seine Aufgabe erfüllt er, und die lautet Tore schießen.

Übrigens vergiß mir bitte niemand den Mario Gomez, der würde bei sehr sehr vielen Topclubs Stamm spielen. Bayern kauft ihn ja nicht ohne Grund :pp ;).

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
aber du kannst gern dem deutschen fussball und der nationalmannschaft deinen respekt zollen.
jeder wie er meint.
Du brauchst niemandem Respekt zollen, und vor allem auch nicht Deutschland, wenn Du eine Abneigung dagegen hast (denn der Eindruck drängt sich auf). Wenn Du aber meinst, dass Du rein fußballerisch / leistungsmäßig keinen Respekt vor Deutschland haben kannst, dann muss ich Dir ganz ernsthaft sagen, dass Du in dem Fall vor maximal 5 Nationalteams weltweit Respekt haben kannst. Denn allerspätestens als sechstbestes Team kommt ohne Zweifel Deutschland. Eigentlich zähle ich sie sogar zu den Top 5, ohne diese noch gesondert zu sortieren.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
hut ab vor der leistung und der mentalität.

schön anzusehen ist es, meiner meinung nach, aber recht selten.
spieler wie netzer oder schuster bringt deutschland heute auch nicht mehr hervor.
den rest hab ich eh schon oben erörtert.

falls mir noch etwas dazu einfällt, werd ich's nach den spielen heut nachtragen.

p.s.
wenn bayern so glücklich mit klose und podolski sind, wozu dann gomez? ;)

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Schön anzusehen ist ja auch relativ bzw. subjektiv. Ich habe definitiv lieber ein Team das gewinnt (gleich ob Land oder Club), als eines das immer zaubert aber nichts gewinnt.

Oder anders ausgedrückt: Jeder Sieg von Deutschland ist schön anzusehen :D ;).

·
Registered
469 Posts
Jeder bleibt sowieso bei seiner Meinung, also gibt es keinen Grund die Diskussion weiterzuführen. Ich hoffe nur, dass am 16. Juni die Deutschen nicht allzu streng sind und sich mit einem oder zwei Toren befriedigen, denn sonst wird es für die österreichischen Fans am meisten weh tun..

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Schön anzusehen ist ja auch relativ bzw. subjektiv. Ich habe definitiv lieber ein Team das gewinnt (gleich ob Land oder Club), als eines das immer zaubert aber nichts gewinnt.

Oder anders ausgedrückt: Jeder Sieg von Deutschland ist schön anzusehen :D ;).
na als fan von bayern und deutschland hast du es dann ja eh gut erwischt. :D
flair und leidenschaft (mit ausnahme der einiger legionäre) sieht man weder in der bundesliga noch in der nationalmannschaft besonders oft.

überhaupt scheinen in der bundesliga die wirklichen stars und attraktionen auch nur die legionäre zu sein.
toni, ribery, van der vaart, diego etc.
und das, obwohl mit ausnahme von ballack, alle spieler der nationalmannschaft in dre bundesliga spielen.

aber wie von orkhan richtig angesprochen, gibt es keinen grund diese diskussion noch weiter fortzusetzen.
und wegen einer eventuellen niederlage des österr. nationalteams gegen deutschland wirft sich hierzlande ganz sicher keiner vor die gleise.
ich am allerwenigsten.

schönen abend den herren.

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Odonkor, Lehmann und Metzelder spielen in Deutschland? ;)

Die Stars sind übrigens fast überall die Legionäre. Ich wüßte nicht, dass ein Kaka Italiener oder ein Ronaldo Engländer ist.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts