Registered
59,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and Co said Rapid Wien were favourites to win it :neutral:

Nice start anyhow :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Impressive start by RB Salzburg and their new signing Tchoyi who I know very well from his seasons here in Norway. I think Austria Wien will be their hardest challenge once all their new players has settled and started to gel though. In Daxbacher theyve got a good coach and in Krammer, Madl, Hattenberger and Bazina theyve got a handful of newcomers that could lift Austria back into the top. Mattersburg looked poor yesterday (I watched the game on Sopcast) but I predicted a difficult season for them with both Kühbauer and Fuchs gone. If they loose Atan as well they could really be in trouble. My stomach tells me Rapid will be in for a dissapointing season.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Rapid could struggle, because a good start is everything. One point right now is too few, but I hope for a win against Kärnten on Saturday and then they're in it again.

I saw both games so far and the 2-2 against Salzburg was a good step forward. The offensive play was good, Hoffer and Boskovic are the ones I remember best. The defense needs improving though. In that game both teams were pretty equal in my opinion, and Red Bull got a bit down to earth after their admitted impressive opening win.

Austria is also in the race when they have found their team, and I'm curious if LASK could play a good role in the top half.

Anyway... go Rapid!

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Puh.. they took the hard way ;)

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Puh.. they took the hard way ;)
Not that I am a supporter of Rapid, but as a regular visitor to Vienna a visit to Gerhard Hanappi Stadium is always a pleasure. You would believe that the stadium holds a capacity of much more than 20.000 when youre enjoying the atmosphere from the stands. Still think Rapid is going to struggle though. Gut feeling. Without Kormaz youre going to be just half the team.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Yes, that's right. Another example was the game against Famagusta earlier this evening. After that embarrassing first leg game the stadium was full packed and also after the 0-1 the atmosphere was amazing. Coach Pacult didn't stop thanking the fans after the game on ORF. As you said, you'd get the impression that the stadium holds much more people than the 20,000. I wasn't there, but I would like to go there sometime soon. The fan groups behind the goals make such a good atmosphere during each game, and those choreos before the games are always a pleasure to watch. Surely a reason why there's a growing connection between FCN and Rapid fans.

After the 3-1 I thought they could make the wonder, but unfortunately it was the end of european football for this season at Hanappi.

Your post is more than two weeks old, and I think (apart from the 1st Famagusta game) they're getting better and better. And for the Korkmaz position... they young player Drazan made a pretty good game today. With 17 years of age he still has time to grow into the team, but you never know. If he's able to keep that form up the left side is well-staffed.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
they went out only because of the abysmal first leg.
effort was okay in vienna but there were good possibilites to score the 4th goal.
by hoffer for example but his shot wasn't aimed anywhere apart from the keeper.
i'm pretty sure if they had scored the 4th then the 5th would've come aswell because of the pressure.
too bad for them.
drazan had a couple of good scenes on the left.
looks promising.

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Loosing out to Amagusta can only be described as a total disaster. Perhaps not financially as Rapids directors claim their budgets isnt based on CL-football anyway, but footballing wise this must come as a bitter blow. First leg was abysmal and made the possibilities of advancing somewhat close to impossible and going 0-1 down after 10 minutes of the home leg pretty much sealed Rapids destiny. Would have been great with some classic european cup-matches in the austrian capitol again, but it seems like they`ll have to wait atleast another year.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
anorthosis' goal was just bizarre.
well, not the goal as such, but koch not moving at all was bizarre.
save to say he's not a fan-favourite in rapid forums at the moment.

but there's austria left who had a good game at home against...i forgot already. :D
some team from somewhere.
acimovic impressed me a lot.
maybe they can fly the flag for a couple more games.
fingers crossed.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Yes, Koch will have a hard time in Vienna. Like Blazek last year here in Nürnberg, a bad start for the keeper at his new club might already set the tone for the whole year.

7-2 in Altach.. :) 2nd spot now behind Graz... the CL exit had no consequences for the league.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
1-0 after 4 minutes in the first Vienna derby this season. :)

And the ugly Austria mob strikes down Rapids keeper Koch. Every club has its own idiots.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Derby Winner! :)

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Apologies if this is in the wrong place, but I am in Vienna on the 8th of November and wonder how I can get a ticket for a game please? I believe one of the Vienna team are playing at home. Any help much appreciated.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts