Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe a strange title, but I find it interesting that there are currently 4 Norwgians in Austria. The 4th. Ragnvald Soma might not get a contract. They are all ok players. All of them have been in the NT (only Rushfeld played yesterday's match against Iceland), but 4 Norwegian players should be enough. They are not that good.

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
I know what you mean and many fans are concerned about Soma's form. No one doubts his talent, but maybe the long spell on the bench of Upton Park has halted his developement. Anyway, we are looking forward to a Rushfeldt-Helstad strikeforce next season..:)

A factor might be that Norwegians usually suceed in Austria. Fjörtoft, Mjelde, Frigaard, Bjarmann, Jan Ove Pedersen...just five examples.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
The logical consequence would be to get a Norwegian sponsor too. ;)

No, I think we are all glad to have them in the squad. Rushfeldt already is a hero in Vienna and I expect him and Helstad to form an unstoppable strikeforce next season. I'm not that positive because of Kvisvik's drop of form recently, but the new season start in about 50 days or so, enough time to get him in form again. Soma failed at Anderlecht, so I'm not sure if he's still worth buying, but I guess we'll be watching him in some friendlies.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't mind. To me it means that I for sure have favourite club in Austria, or maybe I should choose Rapid :D :D :D . Soma was a huge talent when he played here. Suddenly he was gone to West Ham as a pro. To early I think. I am sure he can play well in Austria. He has got to like the country and the club though. I don't think that will be no problem as he has 3 other Norwegians to hook up with. I can promise you that you have got a quality player in Helstad. He had an incredibly form before he left. As you might now he scored 54 goals in the 99 league games in the time he played in Brann. That is truly solid in my opinion. Raymond will as his form improves be a valuable player. IMO Helstad is better than Rushfeldt. Time will tell.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts