Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ÖFB-Kader für Kroatien-Spiel

Tor: Helge Payer (Rapid/4), Andreas Schranz (GAK/2)

Abwehr: Ernst Dospel (Austria/16), Anton Ehmann (GAK/9), Martin Hiden (Rapid/32), Markus Katzer (Rapid/4), Emanuel Pogatetz (GAK/14), Martin Stranzl (VfB Stuttgart/23)

Mittelfeld: Rene Aufhauser (GAK/23), Andreas Ivanschitz (Rapid/11), Roland Kirchler (Pasching/26), Bozo Kovacevic (Pasching/6), Dietmar Kühbauer (Mattersburg/52), Wolfgang Mair (Wacker Tirol/1)

Angriff: Roland Kollmann (GAK/11), Roland Linz (Sturm Graz/9), Christian Mayrleb (Pasching/25), Ivica Vastic (Austria/43)

Auf Abruf: Josef Schicklgruber (Pasching/0) - Mario Hieblinger (FC Kärnten/9), Markus Kiesenebner (Austria/5), Gernot Sick (GAK/2), Joachim Standfest (GAK/6)

Maybe i'm wrong guys but isn't terrible that Kovacevic is in the squad but Kiesenebner is only auf abruf when he right now is one of the best players in the league. Also, why doesen't Krankl ever start Kollmann?

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Only reason I can think of would be that Kiesi was injured. But he had a good game today.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I see Didi Kuhbauer is in the squad is he still currently a good player and does he start. He has been around for quite awhile. In his day he was a quality midfielder.

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
He still delivers the occasional high quality passing, but in fact he is more important for creating this certain psychological fire for the team. However, his hotblooded turbo bias talking is actually very annoying.

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
First change already, Hieblinger replaces the injured (not again :wallbang: ) Martin Stranzl...

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
...so he thinks there is an Oscar category for worst faked injury?

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Krankl claims he has no problem with it as it is not an official friendly date...

Anyways, the next one out is Andreas Schranz, with the flu.
His replacement: Pepi Schicklgruber. :eek:

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
"The flu", well, yeah, all the flu stories we hear. If that is (would be) true, Oscar for best solo stupidity has to go out to club managers. In times of flu vaccine, isn't it worth a try when you depend on a group of highly paid and important Angestellte, as in the players, instead of just go into "Oh, we have a Grippeepidemie, well, maybe none of us will be touched by it" or something...

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
So according to your theory our cross-country team faked the Grippeepidemie too, to make sure that they are not at full strength at the World Championships? ;)

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
That was to give the others a feeling of superiority. ;)

Did I mention that I hate Ronny Ackermann?

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
I dislike (hate is such a strong word ;)) Ackermann too. But to be objective, the ORF-criticism towards him is not always right. It's true that he did no leader work (how's that for Führungsarbeit?) in the last sprint competition, but for example in the other single competition he did just as much as Gottwald (this time it was Kircheisen who never led the group). And it's not really his fault that he is a way better sprinter than Gottwald.

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Actually I did not want to go that deep, as in cross-country undoubtedly one of the classic doping sports and one of the doping feats is the timing and if you miss the timing, etc etc, whatever. Like I say, here for now I don't want to go any further than what I said. Namely, it is compßletely stupid to not have a flu vaccinations. I mean, are there many things more obvious? Why would you train like manic...and then too bad, you don't have any flu vaccine when the flu is around. I mean please.

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Well, basically you're right, but the flu can hit you 365 days a year, no? No idea how common among football professionals it is to take those vaccinations, maybe they rather trust their vitamin pills, no idea, but I don't think there's a way to stay away from flu all the time.
Now that some players aren't very motivated when it comes to NT friendlies is crystal clear, if that's the case with Schranz, I don't know. I just think it's a bit harsh to tell someone who has flu that he deliberately didn't take vaccinations to deliberately miss the game. ;)

As for Hoffmann, I didn't get that. You mean he doped and just missed the timing so he wasn't able to perform the first event without getting caught. Is that pure speculation or do you know something that I don't? Not that I don't appreciate Nordic WC talk in a football-thread. :D

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
The ref will cancel the game tomorrow anyway. ;)

Ackermann unfortunately is tactically better. You can't beat him on "one-on-one" situations (except you're simply much faster).
Dislike is better, you're right, otherwise I couldn't describe how I feel towards Raich. :yuck:

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Benjamin Raich? :dazed: What's wrong with him?
Definitely one of the more likeable guys in our skiing team, and way ahead of Schönfelder or Maier.

Oh, and Aufhauser is out with the flu as well. Kieseneber got called up instead of him. According to teletext that could mean Kovacevic starting next to Kühbauer.

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Michi, neither of the two (however, now that you ask, if Schranz was expecting the bench, then yes, then I very well think he just doesn't want to do that, after the stress he had recently and so on). Also, perhaps we talk aneinander vorbei, because our flu expertise is coming from different directions. Flu is not here all year long, but only particular times in the year and it's from a virus. So everybody can forget vitamin pills and even antibiotics, because both won't help, when the flu epedemia arrives. Only one thing helps, the vaccine. So with just the little Spritze in Oktober (when the new particular Grippe-Virenmutation of the year is already doing the thing in Asia and thus known over here beforehand, and thus the particular vaccine can be made from that knowledge) everybody simply could forget about getting ill from the flu.

If that wasn't to complicated... ;)

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
MxPx said:
Benjamin Raich? :dazed: What's wrong with him?
"Promoting" a fair-play image but stealing medals from the Olympics, that's wrong with him. But that's a longer story, we could open a new (German) thread for such topics...

MxPx said:
Oh, and Aufhauser is out with the flu as well. Kieseneber got called up instead of him. According to teletext that could mean Kovacevic starting next to Kühbauer.
You simply have to love Krankl for his football-knowledge! At least there's a possibility he gets his well-deserved rest...
And also Katzer on the right, and Dospel as central defender is a decision you have to "wonder" about.

Oh, and Ehmann the next one having the flu. GAK could get problems fielding 11 players this weekend... :nono:

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Robert, ok. To me every cold with fever is influenza, I hardly have the flu myself so my expertise in this case is no expertise at all. I wouldn't even know that this one vaccination makes one immune to every influenza-virus (I mean there are different ones, right) so I wouldn't know anything about a 100% way to stay away from it either.
The best way is Abhärtung anyways. 6 weeks at Bundesheer as a Winter-ET and the influenza-virus seems like a holiday. ;)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
According to ORF this is the starting 11:

Kollmann - Vastic

Ivanschitz - Kovacevic - Kühbauer - Mair

Pogatetz - Hiden - Dospel - Katzer

Payer

Dospel in the center and not out wide? Kovacevic instead of Kiesenebner? And why is Mair on the wing when hes a striker? What is Krankl thinking?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts