Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I write the Wales fanzine called 'The Dragon Has Landed' and am producing them this weekend fopr the home and away games.

Would any of you Austrian fans like to predict how the games go ? You will get a free copy of the fanzine.

Thanks
Neil

[email protected]

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
What do you want to know? A little preview on our team or some predictions?
I think it'll be two draws, you might win your home-game, imo depending on Giggs. Do you already know if he'll be ready for the game after he broke his nose in the Milan-game?

Will the fanzine be sold before the game in Cardiff?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes both the home and away fanzines will be available before the game in Cardiff.

If you can do a write up of the Austrian team that would be great, any information at all on the Austrian team and past results would be a real help.

Please email anything to me at [email protected] or post here

Thanks
Neil

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
This link delivers all Austrian games over the years, including lineup.

http://www.austriasoccer.at/LSP/2000_09/200009.htm

By using the info below, search the site for lineups, scorers etc of the Austria-Wales games that were

09/05/1954 Vienna Austria Wales 2- 0
23/11/1955 Wrexham Wales Austria 1- 2
04/09/1974 Vienna Austria Wales 2- 1 ECq
19/11/1975 Wrexham Wales Austria 1- 0 ECq
29/04/1992 Vienna Austria Wales 1- 1

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the link, very useful. I have the match reports from all these games to use too.

Does anyone know when the Austrian squad will be announced for these games ?
I will be looking to include the clubs, date of birth, caps and goals for all the Austrian players

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Dragonhaslanded said:
Does anyone know when the Austrian squad will be announced for these games ?
Next Thursday (17.). Oefb.at normally has all the infos you want about the selected squad (birth dates, caps,...)

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
If you need additional statistics maybe Sportzeitung can help you. They have a huge data-base and maybe they can answer specific questions, if you have some. [email protected]

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
It's hard to predict how the Austrian team will look like in Cardiff. Kiesenebner and I think also Kühbauer are suspended.

In goal Helge Payer should start, considering his derby-performance today. The back-4 could be Dospel on the right, Stranzl and Ehmann in the center and Pogatetz on the left. Midfield could be Aufhauser in the center, Ivanschitz on the left and Schopp on the right. No idea who'll be the fourth, everything's possible. Maybe he risks Vastic in midfield. The two strikers could be Mayrleb and Kollmann.

But you never know with Krankl, our coach. He used to be a top-striker, but sucks as a coach. He's still backed by ÖFB-boss Stickler though, despite not delivering any results.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Dragonhaslanded said:
Yes both the home and away fanzines will be available before the game in Cardiff.
So here's your first customer. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts