Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know its 3 weeks before this game but im bored and felt like opening the thread :) lol

so am i the only one here that thinks sercan yildirim should be called up for this game? i think ozer hurmaci should be called up too, together with ilhan parlak.
alot of young players, turkey has a bright future

nuri sahin
caner erkin
ozer hurmaci
sercan yildirim
ilhan parlak
batuhan karadeniz
arda turan
mevlut erdinc
serdar ozkan

am i forgetting any other youngster?

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
Sercan has been on a tear, he leads all Bursaspor attacks and has more to offer than Mevlut although I like Mevlut also. Also Tuncay is back :happy: oh yeah!! Let's see who Fatih Terim brings. Mehmet Guven? Yaser Yildiz? Alparslan?

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Austria's Umit Korkmaz will be ready for this one. I remember him from the Euro's, he is a good player. Fast and played on the left wing. did he play for our youth teams, or came up through the Austrian system?

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
I think Terim should call up Bulent Kocabey, Sezgin Coskun, and few other great Es-Es talents that will light up Turkey's NT. He should call Sinan Oren, Es-Es reserve keeper, because Demirel sucks.

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
I think Terim should call up Bulent Kocabey, Sezgin Coskun, and few other great Es-Es talents that will light up Turkey's NT. He should call Sinan Oren, Es-Es reserve keeper, because Demirel sucks.
Yes :happy::happy: they can provide great backups to the Galatasaray NT (In Terim's owned fukked up world).

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
...that by the way won 3rd place at the Euro2008.

·
I like things
14,200 Posts
Veteran man we understand your love for terim but why not try to take a less biased approach? Don't you think the euro performance was more motivational then tactical or ability to select a good squad?

We can be grateful that we finished 3rd, because most of us wouldn't of even dreamt that with the way our team was playing prior to the tourny, or we can take a look at why we didn't take it to the next level, did terim call up enough defenders? Did he have enough depth on the team? If he were more careful with his selections could we have played in the final?

Look terim has his major flaws, he thinks he's god's gift to Turkish football, and his tactical abilities can always be brought to question, especially while he was managing in Italy. I don't think anyone here can deny his ability to motivate a team, but technically he's not the greatest manager...

However, I think he still deserves to stick with the team, I never like changing coaches in the middle of a campaign, and gravesends bro, I don't agree with you that terim is biased towards gala players anymore, in the past he was, now I think he even puts himself above that, I honestly don't feel he's biased in that sense anymore, he chooses players that consider him an emperor.

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
I agree, success of Turkey was 70% motivational.

I am just laughing how Gravesends really thinks that Terim is biased towards Galatasaray players, when his call ups from Galatasaray are 100% justified. You can even make some critiques and say how he did wrong by not calling up Umit Karan who was very good just before Euro2008.

There is no left back better thank Hakan Balta in the Turkey now. Not because he plays for Galatasaray, but because he plays very best at that position. Overall, he is not that good player, but it is the best Turkey got.

What's more funny, if you want to bash Terim, you have 1000000 of ways, but probably the last way to do so is saying that he is biased because he called up Balta. That's just funny.

·
I like things
14,200 Posts
Balta was our only choice you're right, and I agree with you that he's not biased ANYMORE, maybe I've changed my mentality over the years but there was a point in time I did feel he was a little biased in his player selections...

He prefers players who look up to him like an emperor... every manager makes odd decisions, so does terim, at least the players will fight for him, thats a plus but we have to admit there are a lot of negative things about having terim as the coach

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I don't think he was ever questioned for picking Balta.

Why bring up Balta to defend Terim's choices? Because the rest are so odd? :confused:

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
Ok Veteran if not Balta how in the world do you explain Emre Asik?!?!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
or hakan sukur, the dude that falls down if the wind blows on him,
the guy should have retired in 2000, he almost ****ed up turkey's euro2008 qualification.

terim is a joke, i dont understand the turkish FA. with terim in charge, turkey will not progress in football, they will downgress with terims backward thinking.
i will tell you this, if zico takes charge of the NT, turkey will have no problem in winning WC 2010. turkey has the talent but not the right man in charge to use that talent

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
How Mehmet Topuz isn't a 100% starter on this team baffles me, yet Emre even with a broken leg gets subbed in at the very least now if that isn't favoritism I don't know what is. And to cover up his GS favoritism he urges Emre to move to Fenerbahce so it doesn't look bad on him, what a shady person.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
The cold fact is there are many who get doped.
- Fener didn't watch Emre's performance at Newcastle, but believed in Terim and offered €3.5m annual on top of the transfer fee.
- Demiroren believed Gokhan Zan is worth €850,000 (before per-match fees) for BJK, up from 500,000YTL, and felt obliged to retain the player.
- Because of Terim, Fener recalled Tumer from abroad and kept him in payroll (€1.5m). The player told Aragones he's not cut out for a trainer like him. :googly:
- I.Kas ... €1m x 4 years as trainee for Getafe.
- Betis, I think they saw Aurelio with their eyes.

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
Emre Asik is Ok I'd say, because Turkey is retarded when it comes to central defenders. I would play my 77 year old grandmother instead of Gokhan Zan.

Ayhan was more than good for Galatasaray last season, so I don't get why would you bitch about him being called up for NT at Euro? I agree, he isn't that good now, but is Emre Belozoglu that good? Topal is injured, Nuri was lost vs. Estonia.. who do you have more? Who would you play at CM? Someone from Es-Es maybe? But still, I partially agree with Ayhan critique, even though we were talking about Balta. Plus, just because he calls one player from certain team, does not make him biased.

Look, there is NO bias whatsoever in Terim's choices, especially towards Gala players. I mean, Terim calls up Kazim Kazim Kazim Kazim for Gods sake! Don't you see that he has his OWN strategy and that he wants to implement it? Saying that he is biased is ridiculous.

And this is exactly why I support Terim. He actually HAS his own way, strategy, and he tries. That is better than 80% of the coaches that would coach Turkey.

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
Emre Asik is Ok I'd say, because Turkey is retarded when it comes to central defenders. I would play my 77 year old grandmother instead of Gokhan Zan.

Ayhan was more than good for Galatasaray last season, so I don't get why would you bitch about him being called up for NT at Euro? I agree, he isn't that good now, but is Emre Belozoglu that good? Topal is injured, Nuri was lost vs. Estonia.. who do you have more? Who would you play at CM? Someone from Es-Es maybe? But still, I partially agree with Ayhan critique, even though we were talking about Balta. Plus, just because he calls one player from certain team, does not make him biased.

Look, there is NO bias whatsoever in Terim's choices, especially towards Gala players. I mean, Terim calls up Kazim Kazim Kazim Kazim for Gods sake! Don't you see that he has his OWN strategy and that he wants to implement it? Saying that he is biased is ridiculous.

And this is exactly why I support Terim. He actually HAS his own way, strategy, and he tries. That is better than 80% of the coaches that would coach Turkey.
its not fair to shit on nuri considering he has had only so many starts as opposed to someone like ayhan or emre. and we all know why emre gets called up. i beleive that the only reason why kazma kazma is playing is because he has the best body balance on that team, i dont see him get pushed around like some of our other players. i mean we have gokdeniz and yildiray as well, but they seem to be out of favor.

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
its not fair to shit on nuri considering he has had only so many starts as opposed to someone like ayhan or emre. and we all know why emre gets called up. i beleive that the only reason why kazma kazma is playing is because he has the best body balance on that team, i dont see him get pushed around like some of our other players. i mean we have gokdeniz and yildiray as well, but they seem to be out of favor.
I never shitted on Nuri, I just said that the only guy who could potentially replace Ayhan, already played and is called up!

Are you belittling Turkey?
No.

·
Master Debater
20,722 Posts
Terim might be an a$$ and his callups might seem ridiculous to any football fan but I can't realistic believe that he's bias toward Gala players.

Like Soner said earlier Terim wants plays who treat him like a god, it just so happens that the players who look at him like a god are mostly on G.S. right now.

If those same players were on Fener, Es Es, Bursa, BJK or anywhere else he'd still call them up.

Many of his selections we can bitch at like Kazma Kazma and Emre Asik but I can't agree with the bitching about Ayhan. Ayhan might be an asshole and regardless of what we think about him as a person he's a very useful player. He can defend in the mid, attack from the mid, uses both feet and can play left wing. I'd never start the guy but he'd be a bench player for me if I was the coach.

BTW I don't think many people would debate the fact the Hakan Balta is the best Turkish left back at this point.

1 - 20 of 161 Posts