Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering what Aussie sites you visit for your latest news updates etc.

Obviously we have the main one in www.theworldgame.com.au , but I also visit www.tribalfootball.com every now and then.

They're the only sites I really visit, I'd visit Soccer Australia's site about once a month and that's it :rolleyes:

So tell us what sites you visit.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
The two undisputed sites for matters regarding our beloved Socceroos are:

OzFootball Webzine - http://www.ozfootball.net

It is mad ... it has EVERY Socceroo, Olyroo, Young Socceroo and Joeys game ever played INCLUDING lineups as well as other interesting socceroo, matilda and Oz Soccer related stuff.

and:

Socceroo Realm -

http://www.alphalink.com.au/~warrior/AusSoccer.htm

Which is written by a normal fan like you and me who was inspired to create the site as a shrine to our World Cup failures. It has interesting editorials and news items as well as links to the saucy Matildas calendar shots from a few years back.

The SoccerAustralia website is only good if you want to see a full-list of Socceroo caps and goalscorers and the full-list of Aussies Abroad.

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I have heard of the top one, OzFootball, but I don't think I have ever visiited it before, sounds like a pretty good site though :) I'll take a look.

·
Star Player
2,744 Posts
I've got a good idea: why not a big Australian fans' site linked to xtratime.com. I'm open to ideas about this one.

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
David Votoupal said:
I've got a good idea: why not a big Australian fans' site linked to xtratime.com. I'm open to ideas about this one.

I always thought about that. Imagine The World Game sponsoring this site :D

·
Star Player
2,744 Posts
Well I'm looking at a site which is run by the fans, for the fans and will provide an outlet for fans opinions and an open forum for debate on the game in our country.

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone got any names in mind? It would be great to set up a partnership.

·
Registered
14 Posts
re:

Lads, have a look at our site and see if it's the sort of thing you'd be looking at setting up...

It's obviously a bit Glory-biased, but by the time the new season starts, we should have our Eastern States NSL news section running a little better. If you want to contribute to the site, send me an email.

I've already put a link in to the Xtra Time Forum.

www.gloryboys.net

·
Star Player
2,744 Posts
True, though my aims would be:
- local AND international news, views and reviews
- unbiased, objective coverage where people would be free to contribute articles. No censorship as long as people keep it within the bounds of decency and taste.
- views on the game from an Australian perspective
- information for Australian fans, including supporters' clubs, where to watch games (on TV, clubs, pubs, etc.) and all.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Re: re:

MOTS said:
Lads, have a look at our site and see if it's the sort of thing you'd be looking at setting up...

It's obviously a bit Glory-biased, but by the time the new season starts, we should have our Eastern States NSL news section running a little better. If you want to contribute to the site, send me an email.

I've already put a link in to the Xtra Time Forum.

www.gloryboys.net
Mots , PO !!!

I dont like Glory , & you's may not realise it , But you's already have a disease in that club , how petty is your owner :) ;)

BTW not bad jerseys for next season !!!!!!!!

·
Star Player
2,744 Posts
My point about having such a site is not so that we can bicker in such a biased manner- but instead, to provide fair and objective discussion of the game not subject to censorship (with certain exceptions).

·
Registered
14 Posts
cheers

cheers Couto, I will take your comments into consideration next time I am updating our site ;)

I can, however, understand your bitterness, being a Dockers fan (nice to see they are getting shafted again at the moment).
:fero: :confused:

Like I said, if any of you want to contribute NSL news items to our site, send an email to [email protected] - we are trying to keep the news sections as objective as possible; the forum is where the bias kicks in ;)

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Re: cheers

MOTS said:
cheers Couto, I will take your comments into consideration next time I am updating our site ;)

I can, however, understand your bitterness, being a Dockers fan (nice to see they are getting shafted again at the moment).
:fero: :confused:

Like I said, if any of you want to contribute NSL news items to our site, send an email to [email protected] - we are trying to keep the news sections as objective as possible; the forum is where the bias kicks in ;)
Has the Glory ever considered getting a a new kit for when they are in GF's ???????? Perhaps they should get brown shorts for that game , cause every time they play a GF they seem to sh!t there pants - And dont worry about the Dockers , Everyone knows we get shafted every week. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
grand finals

Yip, the GF performances have been shockers. However, your comments are water off a duck's back and actually pretty tame compared to some of the drivel that was put on our forum after May 12.

Next season's shirts actually seem pretty smart, and they will apparantly have a more reasonable price tag - $80 or so.

Anyway, I think this is getting a bit off topic. I was only suggesting you guys check out our site to see if it was the sort of thing you were looking to get up and running.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
A website focusing solely and purely on the NSL...... I'd like to see that!! ;)

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
pao1908 said:
A website focusing solely and purely on the NSL...... I'd like to see that!! ;)
A - The webmaster would fall asleep.

B - The contributors would be lying ... a "brilliant" performance in an NSL game would be no more than a "servicable" performance anywhere else.

Examples = Simon Colosimo and Steve Laybutt ... supposedly awesome defenders but couldn't look after a greenskeeper let alone a goalkeeper.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts