Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dario Vidosic and Matthew Spiranovic have both impressed at 1.FC Nuernberg, although injuries have hampered their progress so far. However, they are widely tipped to be stars of the Australian Socceroos.

Last week I was lucky enough to interview both players - good, level-headed guys who I believe will become big stars.

Interview at 1fcnuk website. An article about the two at my blog.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Matt Spiranovic played the last few minutes of Australia's defeat against South Korea on Saturday...

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Australia has got quite a few good young players coming through although I don't think they are going to match the Golden Generation of Kewell, Viduka, Emerton etc.

Spiranovic is looking a decent player, I don't think he has developed as quickly as many hoped but he still has the potential. He has the physique of a top centreback. He is powerful, tall, pretty quick and aggressive. He now needs to finesse his game tactically and technically to really step up to the next level.

I am not too sure Vidosic is going to make it as a top level player. When he broke through in the A League, he was good but never stood out massively. He had technical ability, speed and workrate, but he struggled with the physicality of the league and the consistency of the final ball was lacking. He must be 23 now, and if he hasn't broken through playing first team football by then he is leaving it a little late.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts