Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This provided much fun a few years back, particularly during the WC qualifiers against Uruguay. If you want to participate then put down the position you'd like to play. Its up to you if you want to have a go at this or not, just say so if you don't want it.

I dug up a couple of old threads to let you get to grips with it and read some of the fun. There are of course the two Socceroo friendlies coming up against Iraq and Indonesia, so we could at least test it again there, and judge if we should continue with it.

http://www.xtratime.org/forums/showthread.php?t=54355&highlight=Australian+Forum

http://www.xtratime.org/forums/showthread.php?t=78993&highlight=Australian+Forum

·
Sheperdesque
21,256 Posts
Boys i'm in, can be quite lethel down the right side and am an eagle in the air :proud:

·
©
7,230 Posts
hehe..we did this on the Croatian forum aswell a while ago and it was one of the best threads ever!

I was the coach there, so technically I still haven't represented any NT.:D

·
Star Player
4,703 Posts
thats great we can have another croatian will he or wont he play for aus NT angle ala simunic/seric/didiluca :D

btw im in as a hacka defender, anywaher will do

·
©
7,230 Posts
tigerTUFF said:
thats great we can have another croatian will he or wont he play for aus NT angle ala simunic/seric/didiluca :D
haha...good idea!:D

Maybe I can make up the centre back partnership with tigerTUFF.

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It remains to be seen whether 7159 will take the reigns again. Is he still around?

·
*the drum drum*
42,906 Posts
I am what I was before the name change, a (not so) brilliant attacking midfielder-come-forward who likes to sit in the "hole"..

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
if you need a versatile but fairly limited midfielder i can get the job done. :D

note: the vagabond has a tendency to drift out of position, NT coach beware :eyepatch:

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Alright we need to really get serious now. Only 5 days to go before the game with Iraq, we'll be called into camp in the next couple of days :D

So far we've got:

Goalkeepers: None :D
Defenders: tigerTUFF, Dinamovac11, Terak
Midfielders: khimik, King Italy, Tolga, Bosanac, Vogabondo
Forwards: MacoBoy

Nine men :dielaugh: I know there's still a few boys around the forum. I know last time around we had a couple of representatives who ghad Australian Forum citizenship. We might need to appoint a player-coach this time around depends on what happens.

·
©
7,230 Posts
South_Melbourne said:
I play right or center back & defensive mid.
ok, SM can take my place at the back and I will move up to striker.:D MacoBoy and I can be dangerous.:D

I think we have 11 players now.

There are many possible story lines in this team.:D

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
dinamovac11 said:
ok, SM can take my place at the back and I will move up to striker.:D MacoBoy and I can be dangerous.:D

I think we have 11 players now.

There are many possible story lines in this team.:D
oh well now that we have 11 blokes maybe I'll kick things off, since we all know that the least experienced bloke is most likely to cause a fuss or say something stupid. the coach will just have to fine me if my comments upset the harmony too early in our campaign to reach the world cup ;) :D

i'll borrow tigerTUFF's Ethnic/Australian approach...

--------------------------------

Internal Unrest Undermines International Relations Milestone as Australia Prepares for Iraq Clash.

As the XT Austalian National Team are in camp this week in the build-up to their clash with Iraq, a storm is brewing over the commitment to the cause of one of the teams lesser lights. It seems that Vagabondo is not confident of winning a place in caretaker coach King Italy's side in spite of the team so far only having 11 men available, and has created an international relations nightmare in this most sensitive year for the future of Australian football.

Even with the current squad shortages, the abundance of superior, more experienced midfielders has left some doubt as to whether the previously uncapped Vagabondo will be in the managers plans for the upcoming matches. Today further fuel was added to the fire with suggestions that the promising young Newcastle lad -who holds dual citizenship- may opt to play for Italy, the country of his ancestors.

This afternoon at a hastily arranged press conference, an emotional Vagabondo defended his actions during Roma's 2-0 loss to Milan last night. He claimed that the crunching tackles and fouls he committed in the match were just a standard feature of his game and in no way part of an attempt to "cripple" players like Gattuso and Pirlo in a bid to enhance his selection prospects. Vagabondo also went on to strenuously deny that he has been sending videotapes of himself to Italian national team coach Marcello Lippi. When questioned about the incident, Lippi later seemed to indirectly confirm these claims by appearing to have never heard of Vagabondo at anytime whatsoever.

The outspoken player was not content to leave the issue there, either. Regrettably as the tension at the press conference reached fever pitch, Vagabondo foolishly hit out at some of his teammates, slamming their commitment to the green and gold. "Some of the other lads have split loyalties too, they all seem to follow other national teams fortunes as well as ours, it's not just me", he stormed. The coach was not spared in this barrage either "I'll bet he (King Italy) has got some money on both horses too" continued the enraged midfielder.

Tonight a sense of calm has returned to the squad as Vagabondo has apologised for his outburst and pledged his future to Australia, but it remains to be seen if his international future will be affected by the damage that has been done. For his part King Italy has downplayed the media hype by suggesting that Vagabondo would be lucky to get a game for his understrength squad, let alone be considered for the triple world champion European soccer heavyweight. This claim by the Australian manager has been backed up by his Roma colleague Bruno Conti, who confirmed that Vagabondo was only selected for the controversial weekend match in order to bolster Milan's chances of winning and hence remaining level in the title race with their sinister, scheming rivals from Juventus.

·
Star Player
4,703 Posts
Tolga said:
Where's El Matador, Daniel32... And that damn Roman Amazon?!
(how's that for a flashback?)..

i had roman amazon on msn for yrs, but i dont anymore i dont think, or i cnt remember which is her email, shame, she was ace and i would tell her to make a comeback :D

great work vagabond getting us started :shades: nice touch :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts