Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hmm i see The Hearts board have found a solution that allows them to sell Tynecastle without having to move to Murrayfield..

I'm sure you're all aware hearts want to play a 'home' SPL game (preferably against Celtic for obvious reasons) in Austraila.

I jus cant see how this would be practical:

they would need to arrange about 3 weeks off jus to play this one game. by the time they get over there, get accustommed to the change in time (not to mention climate) i reckon your talkin about leavin a week before the game. And preferrably not play another game for at least a week when you come back. And how much would it cost to fly and accommodate your quad out to Austraila?

It's jus a PR stunt by hearts and a way of taking their mind of moving to Murrayfield.

On the plus side, it could open up a whole new market for both participating clubs...

Dont see this one going ahead...

·
Registered
897 Posts
It all sound stupid to me and is the most extreme example of the globalisation and capitalization of football which must be stopped before it destroys the game we love!!!

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
They'd get about 90 thousand people if they play Celtic with the amount of them in Australia, There are more Celtic fans over here than Rangers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts