Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well go on, give us your thoughts on the proposal :D

Assuming it is still Australia who are the best Test and One day team in September 2005 when the Test and 3 One-dayers are proposed, I don't see why the ICC want to hold the event in South Africa. Imagine a minimum 80,000 automatic sellout at the MCG for one of the one dayers, a cracking WACA wicket for the test etc. ;)

But there are other doubts over it due to the already packed international calendar.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
It will be quite interesting to see the best perform vs the best. One day might not give a true picture , but the test will be the real test - especially if Indian batsmen along with Lara come up against the Aussie bowlers and their batsman face Bond and Akhtar and Murali.

I think 5 days can be arranged from a calendar year sometimes. And to make the game meaningful - let the stats count.

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Its quite a mouth-watering prospect. I think if it does take place, its going to be really interesting. I would love to watch Australia play against the rest of the world and as Haider suggested, I think the stats should count. Only then will it be a serious match. Otherwise, the matches wont mean much to a lot of player and a lot of people who are watching the game.

·
Registered
432 Posts
By Memory - Ian Chappel was the last Australian Captian to play a series against the World XI ( Maybe 1972-1973) and all the test were sold out.

A great Idea - However, I think the Aussies mighten be the team of the last couple of years.
We shall see how they play Against Sri Lanka ( away )

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
7159 said:
By Memory - Ian Chappel was the last Australian Captian to play a series against the World XI ( Maybe 1972-1973) and all the test were sold out.

A great Idea - However, I think the Aussies mighten be the team of the last couple of years.
We shall see how they play Against Sri Lanka ( away )
We won 3-0 :)

Why not? We are as strong as always and going to get stronger :).

It appears its going ahead :)

My world XI (bar Aussies) of the top of my head would be;

Andy Flower (ex-Zim)
Graeme Smith (SA)
Lara (WI)
Tendulkar (Ind)
Dravid (Ind)
Kallis (SA)
Taibu (Zim)
Vaas (SL)
Harmison (Eng)
x
x

give me a while to think of 2 other bowlers. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts