Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to The Age newspaper today, Australia are expected to play Croatia in London in June, just before the Confederations Cup.

How do you guys feel about this?

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We play a lot of home games in London because it makes it a lot easier for our European based players to play. Less travel, etc.

·
©
7,230 Posts
Wow, can't wait for this one if it happens!! I was hoping we would play each other and it should be a good test for both teams.

Australia on paper have an equal if not better team than Croatia!

I wonder what side Didulica and Simunic will be on?:D

·
Sheperdesque
21,256 Posts
I'm really glad we're playing Croatia, it will be a top game!! Can't wait..

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dinamovac11 said:
I wonder what side Didulica and Simunic will be on?:D
Muscat went right through Seric in the last game in Zagreb, I'm hoping he's given the chance to kick lumps out of Didulica and Simunic. ;)

·
©
7,230 Posts
khimik said:
Muscat went right through Seric in the last game in Zagreb, I'm hoping he's given the chance to kick lumps out of Didulica and Simunic. ;)
If anybody deserves a good knee high slide tackle, it is Muscat. From the NSL, to his career in England and the NT, he has proved over and over again that he is nothing but a thug.

The fact that he still makes the Australian team is a joke.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh, yeah, I agree Muscat is nothing but a down right thug on the pitch as well, but he's a loyal player who never turns down a chance to play for the green and gold.

·
©
7,230 Posts
khimik said:
Oh, yeah, I agree Muscat is nothing but a down right thug on the pitch as well, but he's a loyal player who never turns down a chance to play for the green and gold.
That's true, but would you turn down a call up if you were a lower league hack in England?:D

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
I don't know about Australia being better than us on paper d11...player by player, we've got Australia pegged imo.

Defense, no comparison.
Midfield, Croatia advantage imo.
Attack, I'd take Prso over Viduka, and Klasnic ain't so bad...

so we're better than Aussie on paper for sure...

·
Registered
332 Posts
Ero said:
I don't know about Australia being better than us on paper d11...player by player, we've got Australia pegged imo.

Defense, no comparison.
Midfield, Croatia advantage imo.
Attack, I'd take Prso over Viduka, and Klasnic ain't so bad...

so we're better than Aussie on paper for sure...
I agree, we shit all over Australia, but Australia do have some very good players, ie - Bresciano, Viduka and Kewell.

If we dont win this i will never live it down...

·
©
7,230 Posts
Goalkeepers: Probably equal. Schwarzer is very good but does make the occasional mistake for Australia. Australia also have alot of good young keepers which is why Didulica chose to play for Croatia.;)

Defence: Croatia is better no doubt. This is Australia's weakness.

Midfield: Croatia has Kovac, Vranjes, Kranjcar and the Leko's. Australia has Skoko (former Hajduk captain), Grella (Parma), Bresciano (Parma), Cahill (Everton) and Kewell (Liverpool). I would give a definite advantage to Australia.

Attack: I would probably say this is about even. Prso and Viduka are probably about the same level. I think Viduka is a better player but isn't as consistent, especially for Australia.

Australia have a great team but are let down by a bad coach. Farina is very naive and tactically very bad.

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
Midfielders?

Did you conveniently forget Srna and Babic? Both excellent midfielders. Skoko, Cahill, Grella are no comparison, if anything I'd give it even here.

So we're beter in defense on paper. Probably the same in the midfield, maybe because of Bresciano and Kewell Aussie can have that, and we're better in attack given Prso, Klasnic and even Balaban who shit all over Aussie's frontline.

So you can't say they're beter than us on paper, they're not. Not on paper, not on the field.

·
©
7,230 Posts
Ah, forgot Srna and Babic. Was thinking central midfield. But even with them, I think Australia is better in the middle. Cahil is killing it in England and at NT level, Bresciano has proven that he is a good player in Serie A, Kewell is good even though he has been terrible this season and Grella and Skoko are still ok players..

Croatia has Kranjcar who hasn't proven anything yet, Vranjes who is a bench warmer at Stuttgart, N Kovac who is nothing, Srna who is good and Babic who can't get a regular game at Bayer. Jerko Leko has been dissapointing this season and Ivan Leko is at a relegation battling Spanish team and could be going back to Hajduk! :rollani:

Ok, maybe I was getting carried away with better but at least level on paper. On the ground we will see. I still think it will be an even game.

·
Registered
332 Posts
khimik said:
Id like to see him try to have a go on Tudor...Tudor would flatten him.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Australia v Croatia tickets

Does anyone know where i can buy them or how how much they will be priced.

thanks

1 - 20 of 20 Posts