Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought may be we can start a thread for it ...

Australia won the first match. A thrilling encounter where the Indian tail showed what it is made of. Excellent innings from Symonds and Clarke looks to have a very bright future. Gilchrist continues his bad run. Just hope he doesnt come good in the latter stages of the tournament. Australia cruised to their second victory against Zimbabwe after Zimbabwe bowlers had put up a good display. India beat Zimbabewe today and got the bonus point.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A very boring match today between India and Zimbabwe. Just feel that the suggestion of having the floating system for the 15 overs having fielding restrictions might make for some interesting matches and strategies. But then the captain will have to think a lot and maybe will be crucified after every match. :)

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Last Friday i thought that India were going to wrap it up but the Indian tail end just collapsed.I only watched the first half of the Aus-Zim match.I wish we'd invited another country because aside from Streak, Taibu and poossibly Blignaut theres no quality in the current Babwe side.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
King of the Kop said:
Last Friday i thought that India were going to wrap it up but the Indian tail end just collapsed.I only watched the first half of the Aus-Zim match.I wish we'd invited another country because aside from Streak, Taibu and poossibly Blignaut theres no quality in the current Babwe side.
Unfortunately Zimbabwe has run into two in form and top quality teams as far as ODIs are concerned ...

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
easy win for australia
and gilly BACK IN FORM 172 runs YAYA!!!
i cant believe harvery got left of the side for hogg!
unbelievable the selectors are stupid!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Terak said:
easy win for australia
and gilly BACK IN FORM 172 runs YAYA!!!
I hope that he gets out of form when the finals start ... though a lot of matches are yet to be played i believe it is very hard to imagine Zimbabwe in the finals ... 2-3 years before one could expect india to do the unexpected .. but now i have more faith in the top order (which is no more a tendulkar show) ... though not at all in the tail ....

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Terak said:
the rotation system ;) :tongue:

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
I agree Hogg is crap.He got dropped from the WA team didnt he, and not just for playing crap but for being a shit.Harvey is miles better than Hogg.Todays game was so boring and passionless i only watched the last stand of Streak and Taibu.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Hi everybody.

I suppose the matches are taking a predicted course. Australia and India will make it to the finals with Australia winning it.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Ok.
I'm not an australian selector but jeez!
Drop Martyn for goodness sakes. Drops chances scores 1 run a game. Come on! Bring back steve waugh!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Terak said:
Ok.
I'm not an australian selector but jeez!
Drop Martyn for goodness sakes. Drops chances scores 1 run a game. Come on! Bring back steve waugh!
To be very fair, both Martyn and Bevan have been woefully out of form . Clarke should bat ahead of Martyn. Bevan came in to bat when the required rate was 7 and took it up to 9-10. Not expected of a top order batsman. Gilchrist too has not been up to his high standards. Symonds has been carrying the middle order for some time now.
For india i do not think VVS deserved the man of the match. In fact i feel because of his inability to slog, india scored some 10-15 runs less which Australia would have chased had hayden continued. 2 boundaries from the 40th to 45th over , one of an inside edge, with only 2 wickets down and two set batsmen at the crease is not acceptable.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
milano77 said:
Hi everybody.

I suppose the matches are taking a predicted course. Australia and India will make it to the finals with Australia winning it.
Depends upon the toss. The team that bats first will win looking at the past record. But it all depends on the batting forms of the teams, India are in a rich vein of form, Australian batsmen are slightly off form. Just hope they find it after the finals ;).

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
For india i do not think VVS deserved the man of the match
There we go again, :rolleyes: The Sachin bandwagon i presume

;)

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Good win.

Haider said:

;)
I can't see how this statement is warrented. Although I didn't watch the match, I believe mrigank is reffering to a bowler (Balaji or Pathan) rather than Sachin for the MOM. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
milano77 said:
Good win.

I can't see how this statement is warrented. Although I didn't watch the match, I believe mrigank is reffering to a bowler (Balaji or Pathan) rather than Sachin for the MOM. :rolleyes:
Exactly. Pathan took three wickets, Hayden, Clarke and Gilchrist. And took a stunning catch also. In a batsmen friendly wicket, where we have had 2 centuries and 2 half centuires, it is the bowlers who won the match for India with Pathan leading the way. And Balaji took 4 wickets, Ponting and Martyn included, and a catch of Gilchrist.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Haider said:

;)
In fact my order would have been
Pathan
Balaji
Hayden
Sachin
Laxman .... :rolleyes: ...

But if you are a centurion and from the winning team, then you are a sure shot MOM, doesnt matter whether you cost 15 runs to the team.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
if sachin did what laxman did, and laxman did what sahcin did, and if sachin got mom - would you have said the same :tongue: :howler: :rolleyes:
I know its painful that sachin didnt get all the media attention or the mom - and some deserving player did - but you have to see laxmans contribution throughout his innings - not what he couldnt do in the last few overs. He stayed there till the end. Who knows if he had been out and there had been a collapse and India making less runs than the 303 they eventually made with his century.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Haider I think you are overdoing the criticism part. To some extent you are right but overdoing it all the same.

Sachin for your info. has been criticised for such deeds before and a lot of Indians loath when he is in the 80s or 90s. He suddendly more often than not drops his strike rate.

Moreover, Ponting did mention that VVS was somewhat slow in the middle overs. So, its not only mrigank.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts