Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Marconi's Socceroos defender Angelo Costanzo will trial with former Serie A champion Sampdoria next week.

According to tribalfootball, Costanzo is currently in Italy trialing with Serie C outfit Triestina.

The 26-year-old will then link up with Serie B side Sampdoria to begin his trial on Monday.

Costanzo is regarded as one of the best defenders in Australia and was recently linked with a move to minor premier Perth Glory.

He is off contract at cash strapped Marconi and is now available on a free transfer.

·
Registered
47,298 Posts
I found a piece of news of June 2001 "Rumours about Angelo Costanzo from Marconi to Perugia" and another one about the trial with Triestina. I think that he is trying to come to Italy but probably Italian teams think he is not good enough. However I read that he will play with the Australian NT against New Zealand in June.
I don't know the player, I just know that an unknown (for italian people) player is a risk... Perugia found some good unknown players but I know they give a trial to a lot of players coming from different countries of the world.... Asia, South America, Greece, Belgium above all...

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He has played a few times for Australia. He is one of the best defenders in the Aussie league. He would definately be good enough for Serie C and probably Serie B as well.

Interested to see the outcome.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts