Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my post in the Malatyaspor mac, I've decided on a kampanya :D

I was serious when I posted the comment and did some searches, and found an article from the web (1 November 2004):

Aurelio, milli olmak istiyor!
Fenerbahçe’nin başarılı Brezilyalısı Marco Aurelio, Türk Milli Takımı’nda oynamak istediğini açıkladı. Ay-Yıldızlıların Teknik Direktörü Ersun Yanal’ın ‘yabancıları Türk vatandaşı yapıp, Milli Takım’da oynatalım’ açıklamalarının ardından Sambacı da Kırmızı-Beyazlılarda forma giyebileceğini belirtti.

Fener Televizyonu’na demeç veren Aurelio, “Bir futbolcunun en büyük hayali ülkesinin milli takımında oynamaktır. Ancak Brezilya’da çok fazla yıldız var. Ülkemde forma bulamazsam, Türk vatandaşlığına geçerek, burada da ter dökebilirim.” dedi. Sarı-Lacivertli orta saha oyuncusunun Türk vatandaşlığına geçmesi F.Bahçe’deki kontenjan doluluğunu da böylece bir nebze azaltacak. Aurelio’nun bu kararı yönetimde heyecan uyandırdı. Kanarya’da daha önce Okechukwu Uche ve Jay Jay Okocha da Türk vatandaşlığına geçirilmişti. Öte yandan bu sezon bir dakika forma şansı bulabilen Selçuk Şahin, F.Bahçe kadrosunda yedek kalmanın bile kendisi için gurur verici olduğunu söyledi. Bu arada O.Lyon’la 19 Ekim’de yapılacak Şampiyonlar Ligi maçının biletleri satışa çıkarıldı.

Seriously, would it so impossible? everyone knows it's a problem position for the NT and Aurelio has adapted very well to Turkiye. What are your thought's before I start a petition :D

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
Would be awesome from a purely football standpoint and hes a GREAT guy. He did say in an interview that he wants to get his Turkish citizenship and play for the NT.
So lets start the campaign to make the TFF realize what a diamond in the rough they have :happy:

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
Aurelio would be classified as a CDM right? sort of like a Tugay? hmmm I dunno, gonna be like Japan with that Brazilian dude and Italy with the Camoranesi thingy. Our Turish youths fight too hard to have their space taken up by foreigners. There are lots of players like Aurelio, yes he is good for Fenerbahce a very important player but better to keep Turkiye with Turkish even if 50% as long as some Turk in them.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
What is Turkish anyway? Turkey is filled with "mongrels" for God's sake nobody can claim to be 100% Turkish so why not make Aurelio Turkish as well? I see no problem with that and him being an excellent player who can fill in an important position in the NT is a huge plus ;)

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I remember there was a discussion about this, and I state it like this, if he wants to join, there should be nothing standing in his way. If he feels as if he has become a Turk, then he is a Turk. Whatever happened to the tolerance the old Ottoman Empire used to exhibit?

·
Registered
983 Posts
Absolutely Doc. We are not Israel.. Anybody who says I am Turkish, Is Turkish. As Aurelio. How can he be better Turkish? He makes much to serve our country outside, And if he is in NT he will do more.. He is one of the best DM's in Europe now even Brazil NT is looking for a place for him. It is now the time to play with him in World Cup Quals..

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
Hakan, Aurelio would be an excellent addition to the Turkish NT and yes he does love Turkiye. I remember when FB first signed him he used to make an effort talking Turkish too. However, as with Hagi and Daum, he too has started to use interpreter- so I don't know if he's improved on that...

There was a rumour that Parriera would call him to the Brazilian NT and secretly Aurelio is hoping for that to happen I think. But the longer the delay, and if Turkiye can pull off a miracle and qualify for the WC, I think he'll be tempted to play in red & white...

·
*the drum drum*
42,916 Posts
So what if our nation is filled with people from different cultures? These people have been here for generations and have every right to feel more Turkish then they do (whatever they're roots are)..

Marco can officially become Murat overnight, but we're extremely proud people. An example being that when a certain Ugur Yildirim, a guy of Turkish descent but not having lived in Turkey ever, chooses to play for the Dutch NT (the country that raised him from birth), it causes an outrage and people begin to label him a traitor..

Do you think it's as simple as living in Turkey for 3-4 years to feel that pride? Sure, it's possible, but it's not something that's really that common..

Aurelio is Brazilian at heart, and he always will be.. An Aurelio playing for the Selecao would play with a lot more passion and pride than an Aurelio playing for the Turkish NT, you can't dispute that..

Having said all that, I really couldn't care less if he plays for us. I'll let his football do the talking..
But one thing that does concern me is that this is happening far too often nowadays, and soon NT's will all be filled with foreigners, and the best nation will be the one with the best transfer policy at club level!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
So what if our nation is filled with people from different cultures? These people have been here for generations and have every right to feel more Turkish then they do (whatever they're roots are)..
Yes I think Selcuk is better!

·
Registered
983 Posts
This is an unescapable result. Even nowadays Turkiye is forcing its way into EU. So I dont think that we must be so afraid of a single football star to be Turkish. You know Elvan Abeylegesse and now another Ethiopian : Tezeta carries Turkish flag on her chest while gaining Turkeys biggest successes ever.

Everyone talks about France for years, I ask : How many of the French NT are ORIGINALLY FRENCH? Very little. But damn nobody cares about that. The flag they carried was French so France was the spot taken on the first pages of newspapers...

Also nobody could imagine black englishes ages ago i guess.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Also i realized that this forum takes n-i-g-g-e-r as a swear and blocks it by masking with ******

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Or Asamoah is the 100% German! :)

But we must use our own players!
Thats all big NTs but ours is in the development!

·
Registered
983 Posts
Come on, This foreigner limit and this mentality makes me sick. Let our players go abroad and play there. Competetiton brings the success. There are much players in NT that really dont deserve there. Also in Turkey they are getting more than they deserve. They have to go abroad ant learn to compete and fight. Also our league must be more competetitive. The success is just this way.

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
Lion Killer, o 'N' ile baslayan kelimeyi sil kardesim cunku asiri irkci bir kelimedir. Inglizce 'siyah' kelimesini kullan :)

Tolga I take your points bro and would agree 100%, but the way in which sport in general is tainted by this, it is extremely difficult to argue against... Yes we are proud and (hey after going to the Turks exhibition at the Royal acdemy of arts on Saturday www.turks.org) I would say damn proud, but global sport has changed and will continue to do so. Therefore, we can carry on fighting it and accept it and position ourselves accordingly. If we want to stick to 100% Turkish roots thing, Elvan and her pal must go as it produces contridiction.

I personally have mixed opinions on this issue....

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
Hey Denizli_GS - you need a history lesson ;)

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
It was UEFA that created this mess in the first place, so it's somewhat ironic that they are trying to clean it up... European club football has no meaning when it comes to the achievement of a 'country'. After all, only the club is based in a city of that country... Majority of its players are not.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Jemster: Olum kusura kalma, ingilizcemiz biraz kötü! Idare edersiniz artik!

Do you see the Italian NT?
They are nothing today, against the old NT!
That's the Result of open the way for foreigners in the leagues!

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
Jemster said:
Yes we are proud and (hey after going to the Turks exhibition at the Royal acdemy of arts on Saturday www.turks.org) I would say damn proud...
Off topic, but I heard that display was pretty awesome. I'm planning a weekend in London next month to go see it.

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
Denizli, ingilizcen gayet iyi :) Benim derdim senin 'Tarih Dersinde' ;) O belgelenenden eminmisin? Bence bir arastir istersen....

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
yenibey said:
Off topic, but I heard that display was pretty awesome. I'm planning a weekend in London next month to go see it.
I strongly recommend it... I have an obvious interest in the Ottoman Empire so naturally I was always intending on going. However the actual exhibition wasn't what I thought it would be in that I was expecting historical backgrounds on display covering the migration and changes in empire through Turkic history between 600 to 1600 AD - you know eras, battles, battle gear etc.

There was an element of that but with a massive biased towards artistry, craftmanship, and the influences left by some of the leaders. The exhibition starts from the origins of the Turkic tribe and how they were oust by the Chinese from the Mongolian region for being 'barbaric'... It then follows their migration westward covering art from, the Selcuk's (Great Seljucks of Iran), Akkoyun (Aqqoyun), Karakoyun (Qaraqoyun), Timur (Timurids), art from Muhammed Siyah Kalem, Fatih Sultan Mehmet, Kanuni Sultan Suleyman...

It ends on April 12th so do hurry... It's well worth it!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts