Xtratime Community banner

Auckland Kingz

977 views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  GROBAR_OTAGO 
G
#1 ·
Anyone know of the Auckland Kingz????
What happened to Dino Minello??????
Is there going to be a Kingz match at the Westpac Trust Stadium in Wellington????

G
#2 ·
Yes I know the Kingz,
Dino apparently quit and gone to Wollongong due to late payments to him(and the rest of the player).
And yes there is going to be a match in Wellington, in two weeks I beleive.

[This message has been edited by GROBAR_OTAGO (edited 07-02-2000).]

G
#3 ·
What do you guys think of the style of the Kingz? Commentators think they play good football but they always look second best to their opponents.

Dino was one of their better players as he had a (sort of) good first touch.

If you are from New Zealand, do you watch house of football on sky sport?

Go to the Wellington game.

#4 ·
I have heard in Australian newspapers that the Auckland are almost certain to get the chop from the NSL next year. They are in terrible financial strife, and have not been able to pay its players.

A number of Australian clubs do not see the point in having a kiwi club in the comp, as it is seen as good for NZ in their World Cup preparations.

BTW, NOTHERN SPIRIT SUCK

G
#5 ·
I live in Australia and I like the Auckland Kingz but I think that we live in a democratic society and they should be called the Auckland Presidentz,rather than the Kingz
I feel that the name Kingz promotes anti-democratism and discourages republicanism.

------------------
beckham rulz!

G
#6 ·
InterOZ...
The kingz have just sined a deal with SkyTV here in NZ, wich means they will probobly stay in the league for atleast 1 more year.

And about them not being wanted in the league-
The same thing happed when the Warriors joind the NRL, everybody said they shouldnt be there...
And look at them now, almost certaily gonna be there come grand final time!

#7 ·
Lazio Kiwi,

I agree enitirely with your sentiments. The only problem is that the Australian media here are portraying the Kingz as basically a way of preparing NZ for its WC games against Australia. This is where the problem lies. You cannot really compare the Warriors, because lets face it, rugby league aint that big internationally. And anyway, they got beaten by the Tigers tonight, so they have no hope of making it to the grand final because Parra will be there.

With regards to the four teams dropping out of the NSL next year from Australia, there is a long way to go before this happens. The problem is that alot (all except two - Brisbane Strikers and Northern Spirit) of the clubs do not support the streamlined comp. If they all vote in a block, we could see the league in an entire mess. Unfortunately for you guys in NZ, the kingz may become a scapegoat and be left out in the cold.

BTW, IMO the Kingz are a fairly good team. I saw them play Sydney Olympic earlier in the season, where they scored a good win. Good luck to them and I hope their financial troubles are sorted out.

[This message has been edited by InterOz (edited 14-02-2000).]

[This message has been edited by InterOz (edited 14-02-2000).]

G
#8 ·
what really gets me is that because of insufficiant funding (apart from the 80% buying of the kingz buy sky tv) the kingz are gonna get chucked out of the league!
what are fifa trying to do? KILL SOCCER IN NEW ZEALAND? i would guess so, because that is what is going to happen.

but I admit, I am an avid kinz supporter & the fact of the matter is that when myslef & yugoslazio went to a kingz game the crowed was allmost non existant & that was very sad, especailly when coming from a country where the atmosphere is bigger than the game of football itself.

about the Kingz not being in the league is just krap, that is just australias way of saying "we are affraid of the Kiwis, so lets get rid of them quickly". What I think annoys most australians about the Auckland kingz is the fact that 4 aussie teams are getting relegated into the 2nd devision because of everything being over crowded. when this sort of thing happens, everyone gets up in arms at the fact that Kingz have just joind the league and they are taking the valuable place of an aussie team, all I can say to that is: learn to live with relegation, it happens to every team & it is not from where you come from but it is about how well you play. would you rather see bad teams getting nailed by good teams? or would you rather see a consistant league where the scores are kept low & the football is interesting?

I think the kingz style is very 'odd' to say the least & very inconsistant, one week they will win to a great side, the next it is a loss to a pathetic side (hmm reminds me of the warriors for the past 3 seasons).
the do seem to appear alot weaker than their opponents & I dont have any reasons as to why that is.

As for me, I will be at north harbour stadium for the next home game protesting if our lads get kicked out of the competition, it is just not fair on the beautiful games reputation in an entierly Rugby orrientated nation.
when the kingz go, soccer New Zealand will spiral slowley downwards.

#9 ·
Can anybody tell me about the New Zealand leagues? Whats the problem with creating a decent league there?

G
#10 ·
there are leagues in New Zealand, they are desent leagues - but the thing is they are not pro leagues. I doubt any other place in the country can afford to have their own soccer team when the big Auckland kingz cant even get paid on time. the project is so big & the league would be dominated by the auckland team, lets just say that the country on whole is not good enough to have a pro league.

#11 ·
FORZA MARCONI

with the italian relationship being good
next year marconi will buy salas veron stankovic mihajlovic nesta and the rest of the lazio team....but since marconi r so generous they will let the kingz get lombardo

;)
actually lombardo would be a star in marconi hehe
FORZA LAZIO! ;)

G
#12 ·
soccer in oceania is shocking anyway!!!!
why they play like amature soccer in europ or the rest of the world!!!
I have a friend who play in J-league.
he is in the reserves squad, but he can play much better than most of players in those Australian and New Zealand. they don't really learn skills when they are young.
good luck ozzys and kiwis

G
#13 ·
"they don't really learn skills when they are young"

think about that...
The Australian team in the final of the Under 17 world cup, taking Brazil all the way to penaltys!

while New Zealand beat European qualifiers Poland 2-1 in the Final group match...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.