·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
International Friendly: France-Belgium

Wednesday, May 15, 2002

Cisse could play in France friendly
Pierre Serisier

CLAIREFONTAINE, France, May 15 (Reuters) - France coach Roger Lemerre has hinted he may play uncapped striker Djibril Cisse in the World Cup warm-up at home to Belgium on Saturday.

The AJ Auxerre striker finished as top scorer in the French first division with 22 goals last season.

'I'm really eager to have him on the pitch in front of the French public,' Lemerre told reporters at a training camp on Wednesday.

'It would be great for him, for France and it would be the opportunity for him to wear the 'bullfighter's outfit'.'

'Picking him is my own decision. But now it's up to him to prove what he is really worth. He has a duty towards himself and towards France as the world champions team. He is now on the front row.'

Lemerre also said he would rest some of the internationals who play in England, particularly those from Arsenal - the English premier league and FA Cup winners.

Patrick Vieira had a light training session on Wednesday, while Arsenal club mate Thierry Henry has complained of a painful knee.

'There is nothing serious but they all need a few days to recover,' Lemerre said.

The French coach will also spare Zinedine Zidane, who has been excused from Saturday's game because his wife is due to give birth this weekend.

Parma's Johan Micoud could take over from the France playmaker.

'I don't rule out making some changes in my line-up according to the physical shape of the players,' Lemerre said.

'Every game has its own importance, but this is the World Cup and you must take this into account.'

France play fellow finalists Belgium at the Stade de France before flying to Japan on Sunday where they will continue their preparation in the southern sea resort of Ibusuki.

A match made up of three 30-minute periods against the J-League side Urawa Reds has been planned there for May 22.

The world and European champions then face World Cup co-hosts South Korea in their last warm-up game in Suwon on May 26.

France play Senegal in the opening match of the finals on May 31. They also face Uruguay and Denmark in group A.

Reuters
---------------
hope we'll see cisse on the field...can't wait..

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahihihihihohohohohohohhhuhuhhhihihihhahahahahohohohhihihihihhhehehehehe !!!!!!!!!!

:D:tongue:;):eek::howler::star: :strong: :happy: :proud: :jester: :party: :dielaugh: :stoned: :hangover: :excited: :lala: :heart:

1 - 2

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Desailly, le regard de tueur! Comme si ça lui étais jamais arriver de donner involontairement des coups de coude !? Allez, tsss ! :tongue:

1-0 en Rép. tchèque, y a rien de vraiment honteux, tu sais Lili! ;)

G

·
hem hem, tu vas pas me dire que c'est pas la honte pour eux? les super cakes!:D
moi je dis, ça fait du bien de se prendre une raclée de temps en temps, ça remet les idées en places:)

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Allez, si t'insiste, c'est la honte! :D
Mais moins que la France! La Belgique améliore ses statistiques! Vous ne serez jamais que second tant qu'il y aura les Diables Rouges! :D;)

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Toi le belge, arrête de te foutre de notre gueule. :fero: :tongue: Comme a dit Lili, une défaite de temps en temps fait du bien pour revenir sur terre. J'ai regardé le match des Ritals et ils se sont fait balladé d'un bout à l'autre bout du match. Cela aurait du finir 3-0 pour les Tcheques.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
If this isn't too much to ask for can you guys please atleast have a few English post? ;) :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts