Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Your time is now

Time for the young prodigys to make the world notice in WC2002.

Portugal must throw them in the deep end .......... lets just hope they swim

M

·
0 Posts
Mabye Viana but i feel Quaresma may lack the expirience. If Quaresma gets called up for the Brazil game mabye but otherwise it may be taking a risk but it could pay off. We'll see.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Quaresma's time will come in 2 years. He'll most likely replace Conceicao/Simao on the right by then and Simao would secure the left wing due to his versatility.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
He could made his first appearance at young NT's much earlier as he was soon rated as very promising; and do you know why he didn't? This was told by António Violante: "Because he's gipsy".

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
I hope that is not true & it wouldnt make sense. I have never seen him play but my friend wont shut up about him, and how good he is. So I say give him the experience now so in 2006 he will already have some.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
manuel said:
Who cares if he is as long as hes good enough!
Violante (sub16 coach) says Quaresma didn't play before because FPF didn't want him to play because he's gipsy. This worths more than a "who cares"!

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
What do you mean by true gypsy? The guy obviously is Portuguese. Do you mean his family has ties to gypsy settlers from 500 years ago?

·
Registered
243 Posts
quaresma is cigano...
but still, the guy is ridic..i find it hard to believe that fpf didn't actually not let him play for u-16's because of that...but you never know...

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
I thought quite everybody knew this. For the last time, of course all of his family is gipsy, like one of his brothers who also plays football and his uncle who already played, too. What is so amazing about this?

FPF didn't want to use him when already everybody saw his talent at "juvenis" and "juniores" (club); that would have made a big difference there. When he jumped to Sporting main team (by Boloni) he finally started to enter in NT teams regularly because no one could deny his value no more. This was guaranteed by Violante to a friend of mine I know very well, what more do you want? I suggest you to pay more attention to the kind of people who are in charge of FPF, then you should believe this more easily.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
LPC, you need to check your facts, too. Quaresma was playing on the Junior National Teams well before he broke into the main squad this season.

He was one of the main players in the U-16 squad that won the 2000 European Championships (along with Viana, Custodio, etc.)

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
With 16 ("juvenil age" he was already playing in the "juniores", and he has been at Sporting before that. He was the latest of the players to join the NT u-16 who won the 2000. This problem was in the start of that campaign and in the U-14/15 period. I didn't say he hadn't play for younger NT's. I said there was an intentional delay.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
LuisPedroCat said:
With 16 ("juvenil age" he was already playing in the "juniores", and he has been at Sporting before that. He was the latest of the players to join the NT u-16 who won the 2000. This problem was in the start of that campaign and in the U-14/15 period. I didn't say he hadn't play for younger NT's. I said there was an intentional delay.
Fair enough. I thought you meant that he never played for any NT before making Sporting's 1st team. Just a simple misunderstanding. :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
so what if he is a gypsy that makes him what a poor portuguesse person . I see no sense in keeping him out because he is poor. that is fuc..ked up. What the hell is so wrong about being a gypsy? does anyone no why they traet it like leapercy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts