·
Administrator
25,359 Posts
oh and.......we will survive :proud:

RfgS6CiqAHs

·
Registered
802 Posts
What a farce! What a complete farce!!! I spent the entire day trying to log on to this damned forum! Thank God I finally remembered my son's email address! :cecco: :spank:

·
Second Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
10,622 Posts
Well this is a great improvement of security, making people who haven't updated their email account in 10 years beg to have their account back. How are you gonna determine whether it's the actual poster in question or not? There's really no way to know unless you have the old passwords saved somewhere and can use those to check. Sounds like the opposite of secure to me. I've had my account hacked on here in the past, and no my password wasn't a word or anything you could possibly guess in any way, so really it matters crap all what your password is. If someone wants to hack it, they'll find a way. This is just useless clowning around. Luckily the "forgot your password" thing worked for me. Hopefully no one tries to pretend they're me and whoever's responsible checks this thread before taking anyone's word for anything.

·
Registered
79,615 Posts
Well this is a great improvement of security, making people who haven't updated their email account in 10 years beg to have their account back. How are you gonna determine whether it's the actual poster in question or not? There's really no way to know unless you have the old passwords saved somewhere and can use those to check. Sounds like the opposite of secure to me. I've had my account hacked on here in the past, and no my password wasn't a word or anything you could possibly guess in any way, so really it matters crap all what your password is. If someone wants to hack it, they'll find a way. This is just useless clowning around. Luckily the "forgot your password" thing worked for me. Hopefully no one tries to pretend they're me and whoever's responsible checks this thread before taking anyone's word for anything.
Admins don't have access to passwords. They can only change them!

I have some lets say older guys in the Hungarian forum who can't even understand image verification! Just got one back by doing it for him.

There wasn't even a security issue! Now it's caused all this mess when members really want to use the forum!

The sooner XT is back in the hands of people that actually care about it the better.

If people are concerned of a power crazy owner then we can do a consortium.

·
Administrator
30,558 Posts
Admins don't have access to passwords. They can only change them!

I have some lets say older guys in the Hungarian forum who can't even understand image verification! Just got one back by doing it for him.

There wasn't even a security issue! Now it's caused all this mess when members really want to use the forum!

The sooner XT is back in the hands of people that actually care about it the better.

If people are concerned of a power crazy owner then we can do a consortium.
I told before and I will say again:stop a talking as if you represent XT. You dont. You are a virus that is lucky to post here. Keep yourself in your hole and shut up. You were demoted for being the worst Manager ever, abusing your power and lying to everyone else. You do not care about XT, only about attention.

Do not try to take advantage of a problem to pretend to have any power here.

·
Registered
27,277 Posts
Of all the failed updates VS has done this year, this one has to be the worst of them all. Congratulations for outdoing yourself VS, just when we thought you couldn't get any more moronic, you just proved us wrong.

Reactions: Yatta and Shemyyyy

·
Registered
57,284 Posts
so for those who got a new password by JC, and since this is temporary, until when are we supposed to create a new password and save it?

·
Administrator
30,558 Posts
It is not temporary and you have to admit, the password was perfect for you :D

·
Administrator
25,359 Posts
change it as soon as possible szo....

·
Administrator
30,558 Posts
Keep it forever :D

(do you realise, that the password i created being not temporary and changing it asap are not oposite actions?)

·
Administrator
30,558 Posts
all this only because a password? how ungrateful

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
All this fiasco to make us change our passwords, I changed it to my exact old password. Eat that VS :finger:

Silly measure, silly timing!

·
Registered
10 Posts
What kind of wankers seriously?

Shambles.

What forum decides to randomly do this?

Yeah cos I remember my email from 9 years ago.

·
Administrator
30,558 Posts
Yeah, you stop remembering them after 9 years

61 - 80 of 314 Posts