Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
25,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thats right, a big derby is approaching!

tomorrow , Sunday the 13th january, at 20.15 , Benfica will be hosting the Classic:musik:

currently Benfica is leading the chart but Porto is missing one game, so we are basically tied on top ......and this game may aswell be decisive when the time comes to handle the title

Likely line ups according to the press :

For Benfica:
defense- Artur; Maxi, Luisão, Garay and Melgarejo;
midfeld- Salvio, Enzo Pérez, Matic and Gaitán;
forwards- Cardozo and Lima

Subs: no information available yet

For Porto -
defense- Helton; Danilo, Otamendi, Mangala and Alex Sandro;
midfield- Moutinho, Fernando and Lucho González;
forwards - Defour, Jackson Martínez and Varela

Subs: Fabiano; Abdoulaye, Castro, Izmailov, Tozé, Kelvin and Sebá

james rodriguez is supposed to be injured, which is good news for us

ps. im reading that Aimar is on his way out, to some middle eastern team :( :(

·
Administrator
25,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i would never bet against my own team ybc ffs :palm:

·
Registered
7,638 Posts
Zenit's official web-site is reporting on the bet between Hulk and Witsel regarding the Benfica v FC Porto match -

If Benfica win, Hulk will buy lunch for Witsel.

If Porto win, Witsel will buy for Hulk.

No doubt Hulk eat's a lot more than Witsel!

·
Administrator
25,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Zenit's official web-site is reporting on the bet between Hulk and Witsel regarding the Benfica v FC Porto match -

If Benfica win, Hulk will buy lunch for Witsel.

If Porto win, Witsel will buy for Hulk.

No doubt Hulk eat's a lot more than Witsel!
i cant believe you're still butthurt :D

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
1-1 in the 10th minute.

The game has started at an incredible pace. Everybody going 100 miles per hour out there.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Jackson.

·
Administrator
25,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
terrific start, insane 16mins with 2-2, but then the pace went down, and although it didnt turn into a bad game, the goal chances were almost non .existant, appart form cardozo's miss already very close to the end of the game

alll in all, it was a fair result

mom for benfica, matic for sure :thmbup:

·
Premier Player
2,656 Posts
One difference between Euro and American sports is the discussion on head injuries. Two of the major sports (Football and Hockey) have had it become a nearly daily discussion. The others (Baseball, Basketball, and Futebol) also have it, but in lesser degrees due to the nature of the sports or their importance.

Cardozo clearly was concussed on his collision, but it wasn't mentioned too much. The announcer noted he looked off, but that was it. Who knows what kind of test he was given at halftime, but those injuries require the highest levels of precaution.

Porto played very well. I agree with VP that Maxi was fortunate on his tackle of Moutinho.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Good game overall, Porto with Lucho, Moutinho and Fernando has more ball but couldn't do anything with it, Benfica good to come back and tie even though Artur gifted a second goal, Porto cracked in the middle to late in the second half but we couldn't make them pay.
These games ever since Jorge Jesus took over Benfica have been non stop action, Man of Match for me was Matic who just showed that he isn't as physical as Javi Garcia but much better with the ball in his feet.
On the other side Alex Sandro showed why they paid 9 Million but Danilo failed to show why the huge signing.
We could have had 3 points this game, Cardozo missing in the second half might haunt us in the end, we'll see.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts