Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just in case you needed any proof for the current all-time low in Ligat HaAl's popularity, The following stats from an article on Ynet confirm it: Maccabi Petah Tikva sold 23 tickets for its match with Ashdod Yesterday (third place against second in case you forgot) and a total attendance of 400 fans. On the other hand, the record holder for a single match in the last 2 years is Beitar with 14,291 ticket sales for the match against Maccabi Haifa a few weeks ago.

Maccabi Tel Aviv is first in season ticket sales with 6233 season tickets. Second is Maccabi Haifa with 3500, third place goes to Beitar with 3000, SC Ashdod are 4th but quite behind with only 838 season tickets, before Nazrath Illit with 636 and Maccabi Petah Tikva with 438.

Sad but true. :wallbang:

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
It is sad to see only 400 fans in such an important game, as it was between Maccabi Petah Tikva and SC Ashdod. BTW what is the aproximately total number of fans for Maccabi Petah Tikva? I believe they can't even fill their stadium.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
berko said:
It is sad to see only 400 fans in such an important game, as it was between Maccabi Petah Tikva and SC Ashdod. BTW what is the aproximately total number of fans for Maccabi Petah Tikva? I believe they can't even fill their stadium.
I would say around 2000-3000 fans at most (including their football school students).

·
Registered
773 Posts
berko said:
Their total fan support consists of the Luzon family. Avi, Amos, Guy, their wives and children and their cousins. They also have 3 dogs that go to most home games....

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
:tongue: yep those dogs certainly make the diffrence....

2,000 - 3,000 fans, hmmm....but still the Petah Tikva derbies have a lot of rivalry...

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
berko said:
:tongue: yep those dogs certainly make the diffrence....

2,000 - 3,000 fans, hmmm....but still the Petah Tikva derbies have a lot of rivalry...
True. It used to be even worse, I remember fans throwing food on Golan Malul's house, threats in mailboxes, etc... But nowadays things seem more relaxed.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
I think the IFA needs to put some strategies together and get more people to come and support there team. Having a little show is horrible. I think that in scratch and win (Paz) they should give out in every other card(s) free tickets and as well, there should be corporate events to send companies employees to games...

This is really not good. Especially when we are heavily trying to make ends meet. 2005/2006 season might look very dim in my opinion regarding major purchases and all

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
berko said:
What is so important about this game?
It won't affect the championship anyway, and thoes teams don't really have a chance of doingg something in Europe

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Gauchito said:
What is so important about this game?
It won't affect the championship anyway, and thoes teams don't really have a chance of doingg something in Europe
It won't affect the championship, but it was the game between the second and third place of the league, which normally should attract more people, plus if Israel had an extra spot in the Champions League, they would be playing for that. If they have capacity of doing so is another story, then shall we close all the clubs in Israel and only leave Maccabi Haifa to do the job. We shouldn't think like that. The grace of football is that surpises can happen.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
berko said:
It won't affect the championship, but it was the game between the second and third place of the league, which normally should attract more people, plus if Israel had an extra spot in the Champions League, they would be playing for that. If they have capacity of doing so is another story, then shall we close all the clubs in Israel and only leave Maccabi Haifa to do the job. We shouldn't think like that. The grace of football is that surpises can happen.
The match is not worth watching. (At least for me, and to a lot of others apperantly)
Israeli league usually don't provides nice football, if the match don't have a competional value it won't bring a lot of fans to the stadium.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Why is it that last year the league was worse and they had good attendance, and this year the league is better(Maccabi Tel Aviv in the CL and more goals scored than last year) and the attendance is suffering? it doesn't make any sense.

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
Yep, on the matches of Cementarnica the greatest attendance in this season was 2200, and on the most important home game with Vardar there was attandance 1000.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
amfan said:
Why is it that last year the league was worse and they had good attendance, and this year the league is better(Maccabi Tel Aviv in the CL and more goals scored than last year) and the attendance is suffering? it doesn't make any sense.
I don't think this season is better. Every season things are getting worse IMO. Maccabi being in the CL has nothing to do with the league. They've been terrible in the league so far and Klinger's boring football scared away most fans who aren't coming to watch their team. There are more Maccabi season ticket holders then actual fans in the stadium most of the time....the reason is that this season's league ended before it even started. Haifa have always been a dominant force but this year they have no contest. Hapoel Tel Aviv getting weaker is another reason, and when a popular team like Maccabi Netanya drop to the Leumit it also makes an impact. So in other words: Ligat Ha'al is one top team and 11 relegation candidates...would you pay to watch this league? Maybe if there was some actual football...but the football played in Israel is extremely bad and boring.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts