Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm concerned that we've only got ONE out-and-out striker in Ilhan... I think it was a big mistake not taking Ümit Karan who has a good record in the Champions League. He's very sharp and would've complimented Hakan.

Ilhan looks too inexperienced and lacks sharpness in front of goal. Hakan works hard, but seems to play like an advanced midfielder. Arif as well is plays like he's a midfielder.

I'm hopeful that we'll play a lot better against Brazil and I expect Hakan to score, as there won't be the humidity or the poor pitches in S.Korea that they had to deal with in Hong Kong.

I think back to why Cim Bom were so successful in the year they won the UEFA Cup... It was because we were so prolific in attacking and scoring that defensively we didn't have any worries. I get the (positive) feeling that Günes wants to be agressive and attacking against Brazil... ATTACK IS THE BEST FORM OF DEFENSE!

I just hope our defense can be tighter against Brazil than they were against S.Africa.... What the hell were Bülent and Ümit doing? It was like they were playing in Hackney Marshes!!! Good to see Rüstü, Hakan Ünsal and Alpay back to fitness!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Umit Karan is having a treatment but still he is not in form. Ilhan is just trying to play like Hakan but he should be told that all he has to do is shoot when he has a chance.

Umit has certainly lost his talent in the offense but he is very very solid in defence. Italy has changed him so much, he has lost confidence in the attacks. He always passes even though he has a better chance. He should try long shots. His freekick was no bad.

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
It was like they were playing in Hackney Marshes!!! [/B]

What's wrong with the Marshes?:D

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Well Umit Karan went under an operation and I think GUnes still made the best choice with the options he had available. Hakan is just irreplaceable, Ilhan and Arif are the top scorers. We couldnt expect him to take Ahmet Dursun into the team. Maybe Serhat could be kept but he was the most inexpereinced out of all. We will benefit from him a lot in the coming years.

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
He always passes even though he has a better chance. He should try long shots. His freekick was no bad.
That's very important. If we had Tayfun we could have one sharp shooter. Now, I don't know who's gonna take over. Maybe Tugay will have long shots:)

Especially with the new ball, they should try to shoot the ball as much as possible;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts