Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I might be over in Buenos Aires later this year and want to go and see Boca play at La Bombonera. Though i've heard and read all the stories about fans being killed and fan violence. Is it really this bad?

Also Whenever i watch Argie football the atmosphere seems amazing but whats everyone's opinions on the best atmospshere. Honesty please. :D

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
BlueDan24 said:
Hi all, I might be over in Buenos Aires later this year and want to go and see Boca play at La Bombonera. Though i've heard and read all the stories about fans being killed and fan violence. Is it really this bad?

Also Whenever i watch Argie football the atmosphere seems amazing but whats everyone's opinions on the best atmospshere. Honesty please. :D
--------

Argentine club matches still isn't the most safe matches on planet earth, but the safety has improved a lot, well at least in the neighbourhood next to the bigger stadiums.

The police are making a big effort about giving the visiting fans a "corridor" to/from the stadium.

The best example is at River Plate's stadium Monumental, here the police cut off the direct "path" from the sub-station (about 5 blocks away) so that the away fans can walk safe to the stadium.

After the match the home fans can't leave the stadium until 15-20 after the match, that way the away fans have their chance to get away.

The atmospshere in Argentina is amazing, and of cause La Bombonera is "the" place to go :smileani: :smileani: And as long as you don't were club colours you should be able to get away with it :D :D

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
BlueDan24 said:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'd also love to see Boca Juniors live, a trip to La Bombonera would be a dream. Do they do tours there? :D

I think it's like most situations, the dangerous places are glamourised, and it's probably not as bad as it looks on TV. A bit of common sense and keeping quiet in foreign places, and you would be ok, I think.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It will be so different for me as games in Scotland are fairly safe. Apart from Aberdeen and Celtic games the fans from both sides can walk past each other in the street with no worries. With regards to La bombonera, is there a strong police presence in the stadium? Would it be safer for me to go in the seating area ( not sure the name of the stand )?

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
It will be so different for me as games in Scotland are fairly safe. Apart from Aberdeen and Celtic games the fans from both sides can walk past each other in the street with no worries. With regards to La bombonera, is there a strong police presence in the stadium? Would it be safer for me to go in the seating area ( not sure the name of the stand )?
The biggest danger is outside the stadium, and of course try to not go and in a naif way film from ten meters distance 50 barras bravas with a digital camera...only if your a relative of Carl Lewis....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Can definitely recommend going to La Bombonera, went a few times last year when I was in Bs As. Safety isn't too bad generally but the area of La Boca can be a bit dodgy, especially if you want to take your camera. There are companies that take tourists to the game. It's more expensive (approx £20 incl transport & ticket) but is worth it if you're concerned about safety. The company I used was Go Football (see www.gofootball.com.ar),they speak English too. Plus it's not always possible to buy tickets for Boca games on your own as they sometimes sell out if they're doing well.
River is much safer as it's in a much more affluent part of the city.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
learysi said:
Can definitely recommend going to La Bombonera, went a few times last year when I was in Bs As. Safety isn't too bad generally but the area of La Boca can be a bit dodgy, especially if you want to take your camera. There are companies that take tourists to the game. It's more expensive (approx £20 incl transport & ticket) but is worth it if you're concerned about safety. The company I used was Go Football (see www.gofootball.com.ar),they speak English too. Plus it's not always possible to buy tickets for Boca games on your own as they sometimes sell out if they're doing well.
River is much safer as it's in a much more affluent part of the city.
Thanks mate, great info. keep replies coming guys the more info i get the better.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Please some one should tell me more, guys i am going there on 20 of may and going to stay for 24 days, i have booked everything, i knew from my friend that there are some dangerous places, for example he told me if you go in chacarita staduim with your digital camera they will take from you, also in some other places for sure...

Need to know these things please (all are funny questions) :
1- Having expensive mobile with u?
2- Coming from a shop having lot of bags (coz i am planing to buy alot of boca stuff)?
3- Staying out side late, and going home walking? (coz i have a story about it).
4- Wearing expensive cloths?
5- If i had problem with only one person, i mean in the street, should i listen to him (if needs somthing) or fight:D ?

Guys no offence, maybe I am having wrong idea, I dont like to make you mad about what I wrote up there.

About point no.3 :
Ones my freind was returing home late night, he was followed by two young boys (18 and 17 years), they asked him for his wallet, he didnt give them but they showed him their gun, they took the wallet and ran away but after that the police catch them, they discovered that the gun was loaded!!, it happened 4 months ago.

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
2- Coming from a shop having lot of bags (coz i am planing to buy alot of boca stuff)?
just buy them but not in Bombonera, anyway there are speciall tours for tourists, and anyway you will see that B.A. is full of tourists, just like anywhere being tourist still an easier target for fraud, that actually is more dangerous or usuall than being robbed, from the taxi, to buying overprice..BTW one of the biggest problems is being hit by a car while watching some stunning woman, second cause of death in Buenos Aires...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BTW one of the biggest problems is being hit by a car while watching some stunning woman, second cause of death in Buenos Aires...
What a way to go though eh? :shades:

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
You going to be with your buddy, right? Then don't worry about a thing.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
The key to avoid troubles is to be alert. If you walk watching the stars you ll be an easy prey.
Not going to some zones speaking a foreing languaje. The surrounding of la Bombenera its not a nice place specially after a match.
And as long as you can, try not to look like a tourist.
walk at nights its ok but avoid dark streets, and specially parks and squares. Preferebly, walk in avenues.

If you go to La Bombonera or any stadium, try to get the tickets called plateas and not populares, which is where the barra bravas and others scumbags go.
Dont use your best clothes to go to the stadium and dont take camera if you go to the populares.
If someone wants to rob you, dont fight.
sthg else???

B9, i own you a PM. As soon as i can i send it.

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
He's meeting of of his penpal firends who's from Bs. As. for crissakes!

If I were to invite a friend from overseas to come down and spend a few weeks in town I would sure know what and what not to do. If Batigol9 was going on his own I'd understand the concern, which he's not.

Have fun and use common sense. In Argentina the streets aren't paved in gold like in Dubai, just remember that and you'll be fine.

PS - Nico, didn't you take Ze on a tour on the neighborhood of La Boca? I believe you took him to 'el Caminito', 'el Riachuelo' and even took him to Necochea. Why him and not Batigol9? Just wondering.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Loco said:
He's meeting of of his penpal firends who's from Bs. As. for crissakes!

If I were to invite a friend from overseas to come down and spend a few weeks in town I would sure know what and what not to do. If Batigol9 was going on his own I'd understand the concern, which he's not.

Have fun and use common sense. In Argentina the streets aren't paved in gold like in Dubai, just remember that and you'll be fine.

PS - Nico, didn't you take Ze on a tour on the neighborhood of La Boca? I believe you took him to 'el Caminito', 'el Riachuelo' and even took him to Necochea. Why him and not Batigol9? Just wondering.
:D:D

I think that I am taking it so serious, I am meeting a friend there and should not be concern that much about it coz for sure that most of the time he'll be around with us.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Dude,

Contact batigold and go with him. I went with batigold and it was superb :):) I went in a Super classico, and I'm Brazilian and stayed right in the tier with La 12........ everyone was squashed, sang when the team was losing 2x0, etc...etc..etc.

Just don't do any stupif thing and you'll be fine. It was an experience I will hold all my lifetime.... dream come true to go in La Bombonera right behind teh goal:):) Will one day go back again to feel that atmosphere all over again :):)

·
Registered
612 Posts
Ze,

Did La Doce control a turnstile (molinete) when you went to the Bombonera?

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
Can we get an update on this thread by any chance :)?

I'm looking to go to B.A. in a couple of months, but to see River play, not Boca. Except for that, your experiences should be applicable upon my potential ones as well.

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
River's stadium, unlike Boca's, is on a nice side of town. You don't need to risk your life by going to the ghetto of ghettos.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,487 Posts
Policeman in Argentina suspended for cheering goal :embarass: :drunk: :thumbsup: :smileani: :rolleyes: :howler:

BUENOS AIRES, Oct 9 (Reuters) - An Argentine policeman has been suspended for 10 days without pay for cheering a goal while on duty at a soccer match and sparking violent protests by fans.

The policeman cheered the third goal scored by Estudiantes de La Plata, the city where he is based, in their 3-0 win at Lanus on Saturday and was pelted with objects thrown by home team supporters until he was removed, Argentine media reported.

:drunk: :lick: :) :smileani: :angel: :excited: :howler: :happy:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts