Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 238 Posts

·
David Villa is a
14,204 Posts
all season hopes and expectation and work is on this one..

VAMOS LOS CHE!!

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think we'll win, a draw if we try our hardest. No playmaker Silva, is a huge loss. How did the punk get 5 yellow cards so quick. He missed half the season!

·
Registered
17,228 Posts
albelda will be ready? if not, maybe we can try this:
miguel-albiol-alexis-moretti
----maduro-edu/baraja---

and mata in silva's position i guess with v14/pablo on the left. or maybe 3 men midfield with mata and joaquin in their positions? emery indeed has more options...

btw did we applied against those yellow cards? and is banega eligible for this match?

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No Banega, Atleti don't care anyway. Mata can play Silva's role but not as good. Silva is better at holding the ball and threading the ball through to Villa.

·
David Villa is a
14,204 Posts
man this game wont be the end of the world.. atleast for them.. for us it is still a long way thanks to espanyol.. we still have to beat them.. and beat villarreal and beat athletic..

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Well, well, for Atlético, you can't have had a more pumped up win then that, 2-0 down, one man down and to come back and score the winner in the last minute, that stuff can bring countries together let alone one football club.

For us, Silva is missing which is massive, massive blow. He has become sort of a Atléti killer over then past couple of years. Marchena missing is also a blow, but we have Edú their, personally i would try him and Baraja in the center, as their CM's are a weakness. Luckily they are missing players, in defense, which should help for our pearls up forward.

Seriously, i don't know if we should go in for the kill or play it cooler.

Either;

Albelda
Baraja - Edú
Joaquin - Villa - Mata

-----

Baraja - Edú/Albelda
Joaquin - Mata - Pablo
Villa​
Eat shit, zoric​

Given, Mata poor couple of performance as a #10, i'd say Emery will play it more conservatively.

A win here, boys, and we are in the CL (given we beat Athletic, which come last day, if we are in that situation, we win), a draw will also be a good result, but it means we will have to win against Villarreal. A win definitely isn't impossible here, luckily we will have a full strength defense, whilst they will struggle in that department. Amúnt Valéncia. Can't fúcking wait for this one.

·
Registered
14,722 Posts
I can't wait for this game. This game will define the season and even the future of our club. Marchena is quite a loss imo. If we go 2-0 up we need to get a 3rd. This game will have goals because both teams don't understand the word "defend". We can't be scared because if we do actually ualify for cl there will be a lot better teams to shit yourself about than Atletico fcuking Madrid :thumbsup: Anyway Amunt, lets hope none of our players get injured in training this week :)

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
With Perea & Heitinga suspended and Seitaridis would not be chosen due to indiscipline, we might be forced to use Antonio Lopez as right back. He should be ready to play in this match meaning that we might be seeing this as a back lin

A Lopez --- Pablo -- Ufo -- Pernia

Other options include playing Sinama as right back which he has done in one match and Cesar Ortiz, our player from B team. But given the importance of the match and also the quality of opponents (Mata or Vicente) I think it would be the above posted backline that your guys will be facing.

1 - 20 of 238 Posts