Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A title that seemed certain a couple of months ago, but now after their loss in Bilbao tonight they risk losing top spot if Barca win their match in hand (a winnable match against Granada on Thursday)

I rarely watch La Liga nowadays so can someone who does explain that Atletico drop in form? Is @zoric still around?

Barca v Atletico will be a huge match (8 May)

Reactions: Andy Christ

·
Registered
64,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A title that seemed certain a couple of months ago, but now after their loss in Bilbao tonight they risk losing top spot if Barca win their match in hand (a winnable match against Granada on Thursday)
Barca choked..

Reactions: Ante

·
Registered
64,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Elche hit the post from a penalty in the 90th minute, incredible. Imagine if they get relegated over 1 point..

·
Registered
44,372 Posts

I rarely watch La Liga nowadays so can someone who does explain that Atletico drop in form? Is @zoric still around?

Barca v Atletico will be a huge match (8 May)
Atlético started off with a very good first half of the season where they picked up the same number of points as the last time they won the league in 2013-2014. A record.

The team went into their usual February-slump after the game against Granada and there was a major COVID-outbreak (I've heard it was due to some sort of party but I can't confirm and the club obviously won't say anything publically) around the same time which coincided with injuries and suspensions.

Everything started when they failed to beat Levante twice (despite having 1 goal in 42 shots..) and then continued with the game against Madrid (which they should've won). There have been plenty of games where they've lost points due to bad finishing (Levante, Madrid, Getafe, Sevilla, Betis,,) and some dodgy refereeing as well. But that's all part of football.

Atlético have never won the league with a bigger margin than 4 points. They were never going to do it this time around either. This team also lacks plenty of leadership compared to the last edition that won the league.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts