Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May 16, 2002

AC Milan have agreed the sale of two players to newly-promoted Spanish club Atletico Madrid.

Long-term Atletico target Javi Moreno and Argentinian defender Fabrizio Coloccini are expected in Madrid tomorrow to conclude their transfers.

Moreno was top scorer in the Spanish league last year with Alaves before an unsuccessful move to Milan but the bulk of the $18 million transfer fee being paid by Atletico is for centre back Coloccini. The highly rated 20 year old centre back became a regular with Milan last season and helped them into the Champions League.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
I hope it´s a lie....I would be stupid stupid, stupid.
Even too stupid for Galliani!

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
wow...milan gonna sell colo??? :eek: how can u do such a stupid deal??? ;)

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Man these people in administration are sick, i mean it if the article is true.:depress:

One thing i don't get, the article says the 20 year old helped milan to the champions league. how can that be true if he was at alaves. :rolleyes:

I think its bull****.

Ciao.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Coloccini already stasted publicly that he wants to settle down in a team and isnt interested in moving from club to club, just as milan are planning for him. I think he would prefer a move because of the lack of faith milan seem to be showing in him.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Coloccini has agreed a contract with Atlético but a deal isn't completed yet. Problem is that Atlético and Milan reached a deal which includes both players. So if one doesn't agree the deal won't go through and they will have to negotiate again.

So far Moreno hasn't accepted Atlético's offer and wants to hold on to his €2 million salary he receives at Milan. But in Atlético they make themselve confident an agreement will be reached eventually.

As for the payment. Since Atlético doesn't have a lot of cash currently they've set up the following deal according to Spanish sources : Coloccini will go on loan to Atlético with an option to buy (+- 14 million ?). Ofcourse they will make use of that :tongue: and this makes they can afford him. As for Moreno, he would be bought, but in payments.

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
I really do not understand this. Javi Moreno did not have a good season, but why do AC Milan refuse to open their eyes and finally bring Fabricio Coloccini back to the club? He would certainly help to strengthen their shaky defense.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
popsicle said:
The highly rated 20 year old centre back became a regular with Milan last season and helped them into the Champions League.

My ass he did.....just this statement tells u its alll BS.

Lav

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
I think it's true. We have sold Javi Moreno to Atletico Madrid and Fabrizio Collocini is on loan to them, with the chance to buy him if they want.

D

·
0 Posts
the main source is ACMILAN.COM = Official site

anyway i hope instead of him and moreno we get FERNANDO TORRES and NESTA ( or CANNA )

·
Registered
429 Posts
i hope instead of him and moreno we get FERNANDO TORRES and NESTA ( or CANNA )
Hoping is about all you can do with milan's management. I think they are still living in the glory days of the early nineties. Times have changed and a new generation of younger players should be brought in - sell costacurta,chamot,... the old guard and in with colo, coco and the new generation.

You lose colo to atletico and they have the option to buy before may31 next year. you could end up losing a future great - due to poor management decisions...

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Yes, from the official site:

--
SAINT PAUL DE VENCE – After the club management’s press conference, here are the latest news about AC Milan market:

SHEVCHENKO: NOT FOR SALE

RUI COSTA: NOT FOR SALE

COLOCCINI: ON LOAN TO ATLETICO MADRID (the Spanish team could have him all for themselves before Mar. 31,2003)

KUTUZOV: CONFIRMED IN THE 23-MAN SQUAD FOR THE NEXT SEASON

JAVI MORENO: SOLD TO ATLETICO MADRID
--

·
Registered
92 Posts
Oh my god, this is such an insult to Coloccini. On loan to 2 different clubs for 2 seasons.:fero:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Oh my god, this is such an insult to Coloccini. On loan to 2 different clubs for 2 seasons.

yes but the difference now is that you lost him....and he is great!!!!

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Leslie Santos said:
Oh my god, this is such an insult to Coloccini. On loan to 2 different clubs for 2 seasons.:fero:
That´s true, especially because he stated he wanna settle down somewhere!
So I believe he has agreed with the Atletico board that they will take the buy option for sure!:tongue:

Stupid Milan!:rolleyes:

D

·
0 Posts
atleti

we didn't lose Coloccini, we just GAVE COLOCCINI
:)
we wanted to, not that couldn't stop him

;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts