Xtratime Community banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,618 Posts
What's wrong with Felix? I didn't really watch him at Benfica and very little for Atletico. Does he suck?

·
Registered
33,719 Posts
What's wrong with Felix? I didn't really watch him at Benfica and very little for Atletico. Does he suck?
Didn't see him at Benfica but he's struggled at Atletico badly. Might be him or Simeone's system though.

I know he's young but at the price they paid for him you can't be waiting years for him to come good, this was no 20m signing.

Rooney and Owen were performing regularly at the same age and others.

Rob liked loads of shit players over the years.

It's clear he never played football at any level other than against a wall.

He should have been a scout for United.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
Yeah lol.

He loved average Premier League players.

·
Administrator
52,351 Posts
Allways thought it was suspicious, not only for price, but a big offensive raw talent going to sign for a defensive and destructive focused coach like Simeone.

·
Administrator
24,843 Posts
He is very talented, wish he would have gone for an offensive side instead, but hopefully things will come along. On the money paid for him, benfica asked for the amount, and didnt need to sell, atletico wanted to buy, the deal was done...either way for many years now way too much money is payed for players

·
Super Moderator
13,618 Posts
For that money it's almost impossible to fulfill expectations, especially for a young player. I guess that forces clubs to be a bit patient, too, unless we're talking stupid rich clubs like Barça who can afford to basically throw away Coutinho or use Dembele as a sub only.

I think if you look at the most expensive football transfers, a pretty large number, and in fact almost all those involving young players, have not turned great, with the huge exception of Mbappé -- and while that guy is an absolute freak, it may have been different had he gone to Barça or Madrid instead of staying in Ligue 1, with in "easy mode" with PSG.

·
Administrator
52,351 Posts
It's almost impossible though to get a bargain deal when dealing with Benfica or Porto. The best case scenario is you get what you paid for.
Flamengo coach, Jorge Jesus, and former Benfica coach recently said about Reinier going to Real Madrid. As the biggiest talent he ever coached, but he is going only for 30m. While in Benfica he coached many decent players who went for insane high sums he didnt understand lol.

Benfica and Jorge Mendes know how to game the system.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
10,873 Posts
It's not like the rest of Atletico is on fire. I'd cut him some slack as everyone right now is playing like crap at Atletico.

·
Registered
12,967 Posts
One regular customer for Portuguese clubs has been Wolves ... they have done quite well, it seems.
Benfica made money out of Jimenez and Wolves are thriving, partially, because of it. Win for Benfica. Win for the Wolves. WIn for Jimenez. Win for Mexico. Win Win Win Win. Doesn't get much better :D.

·
Registered
20,692 Posts
Benfica made money out of Jimenez and Wolves are thriving, partially, because of it. Win for Benfica. Win for the Wolves. WIn for Jimenez. Win for Mexico. Win Win Win Win. Doesn't get much better :D.
#winning

41 - 54 of 54 Posts