Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Birmingham's Gronkjaer agrees Atletico Madrid deal
tribalfootball.com - December 2, 2004

Atletico Madrid sports director Toni Munoz has struck a deal with Birmingham City winger Jesper Gronkjaer.

The Danish international has verbally agreed terms with Atletico over a three-and-a-half year contract and will move to Spain in January after being told he can leave St Andrews by Birmingham manager Steve Bruce this week.

Munoz struck terms with Gronkjaer and his representatives while in London and Atletico have also agreed terms with Birmingham for a deal worth £800,000.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
I hope he's better for you than he was in the EPL.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Nico said:
I hope he's better for you than he was in the EPL.
I don't know... IMO he's just an average player, I don't understand this signing. A club of the size of Atlético needs better players.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Setzer said:
I don't know... IMO he's just an average player, I don't understand this signing. A club of the size of Atlético needs better players.
Agreed! If Birmingham are happy to see him go, that says something.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Well he played great at the euro ... and he is a great player ... not worldclass, but still a good reinforcement for the winter.

I mean tell me one single play who is better and easier to get!

Husky

PS: I think he will help us a lot!

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Nico said:
Agreed! If Birmingham are happy to see him go, that says something.
Really? Then he'll fail in the Calderon too. What kind of player is he? Can you describe him?

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
He is a player who doesnt live up to his potential. He is quite quick but his passing, crossing and shooting isnt all that good from what ive seen.

Its probably best to ask the Chelsea boys as they've seen a lot more of him than I have.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
He gets past players, but 99% of the time, wastes that, with a shit ball. If he gives a better ball, he will be great, but he has not done it till now, so the chances are very slim.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
If Gronkjaer had a final pass he would be a world beater, he has pace to burn and beats defenders easily however if his crosses land in the penalty area he is doing well, normally they end up in the back row of the stand, hugely frustrating player a bit like Rommehdal.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
He is a national in danmark so he won't be as bad as you all described him.

We will see and I will bet that he will help us much!

Husky

PS: May someone say sth. about his character, what kind of player is he?

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
I would say he is like Jose Mari in terms of play style. The Danish is very fast and that is his only advantage IMO. As a typical winger, he can't cross nor dribble. Or he can only dribble over his opposite with speed, and then he very likely can't do anything in the second half as playing dependent on speed demends huge energy, in case he starts. A finsihed player, that is why all fans of his previous clubs welcomed his departure.

Disaster, the Atletico decision maker.

You should fully focus on VDM alone. Not much slower, better crossing, much better dribbling........................ the memory of this forum is not enough to content all the rest. :pp

Only miracle helps. :eek:

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Forget to add, his stability is his main problem. He has potential. But he could only show off in one game out of ten seriously. I saw both his good and bad games performing very extremely. Either very good or very bad.

VDM better, period.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Atletico Madrid agree Birmingham deal for Gronkjaer
tribalfootball.com - December 8, 2004

Atletico Madrid have sealed an agreement with Birmingham City for winger Jesper Gronkjaer.

The Danish international will move to the Vicente Calderon next month for £1.5 million after intense negotiations over the weekend led by Gronkjaer's agent, Vincenzo Morabito.

Gronkjaer has already committed to a three-and-a-half year contract with Atletico after talks with club sports director Toni Munoz last week.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I think Gronkjaer is very poor player. He has pace, but no football brain whatsoever, and is as inconsistent as hell. There's a reason why a struggling British club want to get rid of him so quickly.

If Atlético Madrid want the vintage 4th spot in La Liga, they need to target much better players.

But saying that, I wish Jesper all the best, and hope he finds his form in La Liga.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts