Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Atletico Madrid chief Miguel Gil Marin has taken a swipe at former coach Carlos Bianchi.

The Argentine lasted just half the season with Atletico and Gil Marin declared: "The trouble with Bianchi was the aura around him from his success he enjoyed in Argentina.

"The distance from Argentina and his lack of hunger saw him fail to connect with Atletico. He wasn't prepared to get his hands dirty.

"The players also started to blame Bianchi for everything. A change had to be made."

On the future of coach Pepe Murcia, Gil Marin added: "Like the president, I would like Pepe to continue next season. But nothing will be decided until June."

·
Registered
11 Posts
maybe it isnt right to blame Bianchi for everything. If we didnt win 7 out of 8 games i bet they wouldnt have said anything. I know Bianchi sucked big time with us but it just didnt work out for him. It happens a lot even with the best coaches. I do hope Pepe continues with us for many years though. I love his style and tactics :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i dont blame Bianchi completely but he did have to take major credit for the poor form., he came to Atleti with the attitude that he didnt want to learn about the club.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
He also said that Atlético is able to spend 30 Million Euro for the next season for new players!

And he said that López and Perea will stay at Atlético, that they have offers for them and that they might extend their contracts in the next months (earlier as they have to)

Husky

1 - 5 of 5 Posts